HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

John Lebbon

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
on: 10 Jun 2007, 06:37:39 pm
I think that john Lebbon should have been given his chance of a 1st team place today with Maden being injured but once again he was playing for the accademy any1 know what the crack is dsoes DR dislike him or something? coz whenever there is an oppourtunity for the lad to play he always seems to fetch Benson in instead of him who is a good player but i think lebbon would be better what does every1 think?????

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2007, 06:42:38 pm
benson is a full back.

lebbon was not picked because DR does not like him. i asked john at batley when you back in the first team john? he said probably when rotherham goes

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2007, 06:46:06 pm
rotheram doesnt seem to like any1 benson should of played at full back today for the accademy and lebbon to start for the 1st team.
i wonder what Ds reasons are for not playing sicey and lebbon eh

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2007, 06:46:46 pm
i wouldnt know i dont the 2 lads them selves know what they have done wrong

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2007, 11:06:39 am
Cant understand why lebon never gets a game hes probably are best  winger at scooting the ball and returning kicks . I personaly feel he puts people like benson in because he nose when maiden is back he can just put him straight back in the team .Because last year he put lebbon in and he played well against hull kr scoring twice and playd well at halifax. Then got droped for calvert who was lacking in confidence. Just thought i would make the point because alot of the people in the crowd want to see the lad given a chance to play  especialy when you think of some of the good games his had over the years

Offline Haven Mad

• Academy Signing
  • <3!!!RUDDY!!!<3
Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2007, 02:54:00 pm
well i also think lebbon should be given a chance as when he does play for the first team he gives 110% andis excellent at sccoting the ball. Unlike calvert he can make good tackles and good yards.

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 13 Jun 2007, 05:46:59 pm
john lebbon should be given his chance other wise i can see him walking out and who would blame him

popularsider

Reply #7 on: 13 Jun 2007, 07:35:20 pm
i know kelso rugby union have contacted john but i doubt he would go there

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 13 Jun 2007, 10:47:03 pm
I remember reading alan irvins colum a couple of times and he asked the question about lebbon playin because i think maiden was injured  and dave rotheram said that lebbon would get his chance but it hasnt came . Which i think is a real shame because i go to watch haven home and away and have seen lebbon play some great games for haven and then normaly droped for no reason i think with a run in the team he could be a real asset  and lebbon also has the ability to break the line with good foot work wich we lack when seeds isnt playing

Offline havenproud

• Academy Signing
Reply #9 on: 14 Jun 2007, 02:44:42 am
i remember lebbon playing raa wen he was younger and he used to walk through defenses!! ok eague is different but for egremont he used to play center, and score at will. suerly with even more space on the wing he will be a consistent scorer for us, as well as his alround game , his scooting is a bonus, and he is a winger at heart by his own admission!!

lowca

Reply #10 on: 14 Jun 2007, 11:20:24 am

If John is playing well in the academy team he should be
 given the opportunity now that Maden is injured.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 14 Jun 2007, 12:34:14 pm
calvert makes good yards and try saving tackles do you watch the matches haven mad or do you just like to talk rubbish

havenfan in hull

Reply #12 on: 14 Jun 2007, 03:28:34 pm
id like to say that what lebs has done great at is sticking in and performing for the acadamy even though he aint geting a game for the 1st. the lad is older than most the acadamy and is still happy to work at getin in the 1st team and keeps his mouth shut and accepts the coachs choice unlike a couple of the acadamy we have heard about. good on you john n im sure ur time will come mate