HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Rotherham, Deaf or Just Plain Stupid?

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
on: 15 Jun 2007, 12:21:37 pm
Half way through his second season in charge and the team are still beset with the same inadequacies.

Firstly the side is screaming out for a stand off, Rudd is a decent enough player but lacks pace and the ability to find a gap at this level. Gresque, Holyroyd and Penny have all been available while Rotherham watches on with his thumb up his ^rs?!

We lack power up front yet again. Trindall can tackle all day but his offensive play is frankly rubbish and he occupies the quota spot which would be put to better use bringing in an Antipodean half back. Wright is also in my opinion a poor player who should be cut loose.

Calvert scores tries but his defence and general play is abysmal. What good is running 80m to score a try when you give away three. Teams constantly target him as a weak link which is sadly true. Give Lebbon a chance or sign someone who can tackle and score tries.

If the club get to the final of the NRC then Rotherham will use this as a bargaining tool in order to wangle a new contract. I say to the board let him go and bring in someone with fresh ideas. Rotherham has the vision of a Goldfish.

Lastly well done to the board in deciding to go it alone with the ground improvements however i ask what is the chance of these plans coming to fruition when the club cant even afford a proper scoreboard?

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2007, 12:39:01 pm
Nice to see you're looking on the bright side as usual Reg.Have a poke at a few more players see if you can get their confidance a bit lower before their big match next week.
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2007, 01:55:44 pm
Half way through his second season in charge and the team are still beset with the same inadequacies.

Firstly the side is screaming out for a stand off, Rudd is a decent enough player but lacks pace and the ability to find a gap at this level. Gresque, Holyroyd and Penny have all been available while Rotherham watches on with his thumb up his ^rs?!

We lack power up front yet again. Trindall can tackle all day but his offensive play is frankly rubbish and he occupies the quota spot which would be put to better use bringing in an Antipodean half back. Wright is also in my opinion a poor player who should be cut loose.

Calvert scores tries but his defence and general play is abysmal. What good is running 80m to score a try when you give away three. Teams constantly target him as a weak link which is sadly true. Give Lebbon a chance or sign someone who can tackle and score tries.

If the club get to the final of the NRC then Rotherham will use this as a bargaining tool in order to wangle a new contract. I say to the board let him go and bring in someone with fresh ideas. Rotherham has the vision of a Goldfish.

Lastly well done to the board in deciding to go it alone with the ground improvements however i ask what is the chance of these plans coming to fruition when the club cant even afford a proper scoreboard?

Good to see you have a grasp of under 7 year old rugby! Now its time to get a grasp of big boy rugby!
You have no idea at all, I would explain it but it would be like playing a broken record.
Let me guess, you think the coach and players are getting payed big money and they are just not worth the money!! Guess what, many people would not get out of bed for the money they get and they go and sit behind a desk etc. I would imagine you are one of these people that have never played league at a decent level and think players get to much in the 18-30 year old period they get to play. You think that the money you pay to watch them you should get more in that ten year period. Are you one that will hold your hand up to give them the thousands of pounds needed twenty years from now because there body is shattered because of playing league for the little money they got in the 18-80 year old period?
I bet you or the large majority of wingers never thought about that aspect of the players!Do you seriously think if good players around that you would like to come to the team,heard you talk to them in the context above they would not laugh at you?
Jealousy only comes out in those that have pea sized brains. Arm chair critics have the same sized brains.
Here is a hint for you, when you have a small forward pack, you need the backs to do most of the attack! Even my 8 year old son can tell you that and he has only played for 2 years. So you want  Attacking and attacking forwards with a small forward pack, do you also want to be beaten 80-30? You need a base for the attack to work off and that base is always a very good defense.

Passion is one thing, stupidity is an entirely different thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As its only a couple of loses this year to this point, your either Jealous, a town supporter or a worse winger than my wife!

Go Haven.

P.s by my count of "sack the" The would be no coach or players, no ball boys, no ref and no commentators. All thats needed is for people to say sack the greens keeper and it will be everyone!  ;D

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2007, 02:07:39 pm
it's whinger toddy not winger before regs picks you up on that.or is your wife really a winger?  ;D

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2007, 02:20:51 pm
 :D :D :D
haven till i die

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2007, 03:05:48 pm
with sice not in academy side does this mean hes in for tonite?
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

popularsider

Reply #6 on: 15 Jun 2007, 03:17:27 pm
he is in the 18 man squad depends on dr if he is picked from what i was told last night the team is

1 broadbent
2 calvert
3 eilbeck
4 r.jackson
5 maden
6 rudd
7 duffy
8 trindall
9 mattinson
10 fatialofa
11 dale
12 fletcher
13 smith

14 sice
15 joe
16 miller
17 m jackson

18 c mcavoy

teare and lester both left out wright not even in contention

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 15 Jun 2007, 03:23:45 pm
Trindall can tackle all day but his offensive play is frankly rubbish
Trindall takes a s***load of ball in, makes 10 yards each time and gives a quick play-of-the-ball, as well as being able to tackle all day.  Not breaking a tackle often does not equate to him being rubbish.

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 15 Jun 2007, 03:32:14 pm
If this is the correct line up Spencer Miller can't be a happy chappy. IMO Spencer did nothing wrong before he got wed and was one of the first names on the team sheet, however since he got back off his honeymoon has struggled to get starting spot. Bannister wasn't as good and Dale has yet to prove himself ............ WHY

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 15 Jun 2007, 04:16:58 pm
Looks  a  strong  line  up.  Good  to  see  Maden  and  Jackson  back.

Just  hope  the  rain  keeps  off  now. :)

popularsider

Reply #10 on: 15 Jun 2007, 05:29:06 pm
martin - bannister was a better player than spencer. dale is a good lad in defence

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 15 Jun 2007, 06:12:01 pm
Heard Miller starts in centre again!

TW

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 15 Jun 2007, 06:22:35 pm
Heard Miller starts in centre again!

TW

Oh  No........... ??? ???

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #13 on: 15 Jun 2007, 10:51:39 pm
he is in the 18 man squad depends on dr if he is picked from what i was told last night the team is

1 broadbent
2 calvert
3 eilbeck
4 r.jackson
5 maden
6 rudd
7 duffy
8 trindall
9 mattinson
10 fatialofa
11 dale
12 fletcher
13 smith

14 sice
15 joe
16 miller
17 m jackson

18 c mcavoy

teare and lester both left out wright not even in contention

wrong again your source ist very good is it
THE MULLET IS BACK

popularsider

Reply #14 on: 15 Jun 2007, 11:25:48 pm
i think you will find that was the team as of 11 am this morning but was changed  ::)