HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Well Done Dave Rotheram

Dogs · 17 · 1307

Offline Dogs

• Academy Signing
on: 15 Jun 2007, 09:43:50 pm
Fact: Sicey was playing poorly and out of form when he was dropped by DR.

Fact: After a spell in the u-21's, he's come back tonight like the Sicey of old.

Fact: 100% proof that DR has done the right thing despite all the hysteria on here.

Well done Sicey and well done DR.

« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2007, 09:45:42 pm by Dogs »

Offline Fomerly of Northumbria Uni Haven

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2007, 09:51:23 pm
It wasn't really against much was it tonight

Offline Dogs

• Academy Signing
Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2007, 09:58:22 pm
Players out of form play out of form against any opposition, whether they're top or bottom.

If you're about to pick through the bones of a 60-6 victory I suggest you get out of bed on the other side in the morning, mate  ;)
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2007, 10:00:03 pm by Dogs »

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2007, 10:09:05 pm
I suppose I've been in a bad mood, I had a ticket for the cricket test match today ;)
i
That said, next week is a much bigger test

Offline Dogs

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2007, 10:19:11 pm

Test Match tickets? Think I'd be p*ssed off about that as well  ;D

popularsider

Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2007, 10:22:30 pm
so when lester is out for form why is he never dropped? when teare is out of form why is he never dropped? when calvert was out of form why wasnt he dropped?

Offline Dogs

• Academy Signing
Reply #6 on: 15 Jun 2007, 10:28:02 pm
so when lester is out for form why is he never dropped? when teare is out of form why is he never dropped? when calvert was out of form why wasnt he dropped?

I can't recall Lester, Teare or Calvert taking a week off to watch a football match in a foreign country in the middle of the season.

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 15 Jun 2007, 10:28:49 pm
Lester's usually injured, Teare seems to be dropped every other week, and Calvert returned to form by himself

popularsider

Reply #8 on: 15 Jun 2007, 10:47:34 pm
but dogs you never answerd my question. you said sice was dropped for his dip in form nothing to do with him going to athens. so wil you answer my question why are those perticular players never dropped why is carl rudd never dropped when he dips in form??

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 15 Jun 2007, 10:48:43 pm

I can't recall Lester, Teare or Calvert taking a week off to watch a football match in a foreign country in the middle of the season.

or refusing to be 18th man against dews
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Dogs

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 15 Jun 2007, 11:03:46 pm
but dogs you never answerd my question. you said sice was dropped for his dip in form nothing to do with him going to athens. so wil you answer my question why are those perticular players never dropped why is carl rudd never dropped when he dips in form??

Popularsider, you should go back and read my post again.

Where did I say he was dropped for his poor form alone? I said he was "playing poorly and out of form WHEN he was dropped by DR". 

There has clearly been other ongoing issues that meant Sice was not brought back sooner.

The day Lester, Teare or Calvert take a trip abroad to watch a football match mid-season or refuse to travel as 18th man I'll take it all back.
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2007, 11:09:50 pm by Dogs »

havenfan in hull

Reply #11 on: 15 Jun 2007, 11:54:37 pm
Fact: Sicey was playing poorly and out of form when he was dropped by DR.

Fact: After a spell in the u-21's, he's come back tonight like the Sicey of old.

Fact: 100% proof that DR has done the right thing despite all the hysteria on here.

Well done Sicey and well done DR.

100% agreed

Yourhavingalaugh

Reply #12 on: 16 Jun 2007, 12:15:54 am
Well the first 10 mins I thought Haven looked like headless chickens, They had no idea, I thought it was going to be another pathetic show, But glad to say they settled down and put their heads back on. Fletcherplayed well, Duffy too and Sicey seemed to be on the come back trail. Calvert super fast but I think he needs a extra stone in weight put on. As for a  game plan never really so one, just opportunism most the time. The space that Doncaster were leaving behind  them selves was unbelievable. If you had kicked through for Calvert you could have had 80 points or more on these guys. All though I saw some big improvements tonight I think Halifax will still turn us over. Hope I am wrong?

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #13 on: 16 Jun 2007, 12:23:04 am
Yeah I agree I thought the first 10 - 15 mins we never looked like we were putting anything togeather and there was a little panic with the ball just being flung Willy nilly. But all in all not a bad display tonight. Still thought it was a soft try we let in.  60 - 0 would have looked better. As for Halifax I am a little apprehensive about there up & coming visit. Oh and one last thing if there was over 1400 down there tonight I really need to invest in some glasses!  8)

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 16 Jun 2007, 12:27:48 pm
Marra, 60-6 or 60-0 makes no difference. They let there guard getting the ball back:) Have to get your breath back some time.
I know i would get tired with an empty paddock running with the ball for 60 points !hahaha
Give the lads a go, they had 13 on the run a lose and a break then a hard team. Hard to play class footy when you have been playing against the teams they have.You always play up to harder teams and down to lower teams.
If they had all hard games till the GF from now, they would win !