HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Could we tempt Mr Cullen back?

Guest · 43 · 2109

Offline MorbidFlorist

• Academy Signing
Reply #30 on: 13 Jun 2007, 09:57:06 am
Not so sure about wanting the team to get beat in the semi-final so we don't get embarassed on Sky TV again. Maybe we should let the players decide on that one. On the pitch.
But being a realist I think a few people on this thread need to take the old rose-tinted specs off a for a couple of minutes.
The stadium (!) is nowhere near good enough. The team has some very hard-working and talented players, but also too many duffers and mature players. To attract the calibre of players needed for a tilt at Super League we need money and lots of it. Unfortunately we are in the back of beyond with very few large businesses in the area. These are needed to plough money into the club. We just dont have them like they do down in Lancashire, Yorkshire etc.
Hopefully we'll get to Blackpool and win. But I have a feeling that will be our upper limit this season. Anything else is probably just a pipe-dream.
Before you slag me off as being  defeatist just to let you know I was watching them before a lot of you were born. And I was there when we were embarassed by Featherstone when they were down to 9 men.

specialbrew92

Reply #31 on: 13 Jun 2007, 10:40:29 am
I rememebr the Fev game pretty well, i have watched Haven this Sunday and it reminded me of that game, no direction and no flair.

Monte

Tommy43

Reply #32 on: 13 Jun 2007, 01:37:43 pm
Remember the Fev game, don't think we were as bad as that on Sunday.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #33 on: 13 Jun 2007, 02:47:29 pm
I remember that Fev game with two sent off they even managed to create a two or three man overlap to score, we didn't quite sink that low on Sunday but it was pretty dire to say the least.

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 14 Jun 2007, 02:15:00 pm
i can remember too, it wasnt as bad as that on sunday

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #35 on: 14 Jun 2007, 02:20:21 pm
Ashley your saying no wonder people don't go to games with me saying that but i think what you said is worse and will put people off more. You have to have faith in the team you support and its obvious you don't have any by saying i hope we get knocked out by fax so we don't get embarrassed on TV again.

havenfan in hull

Reply #36 on: 14 Jun 2007, 03:40:11 pm
Lets get behind them. a bit of discussion about what went wrong or how we can make changges to the team to win is alright but people who are calling for DR to be sacked how is that gna help. i dnt care who you bring in, it is not the right time to change a coach. discussions like this should happen in the off season. and you lot how say you would rather us be knocked out the cup what the hell is wrong with you?? a cup final is quality is boosts confidence , increases compotion for places and most of all brings in cash. you lot are all happy to moan bout how tight our board is though which dont make sence to me. we are ment to be supporters. do u know what that means??? we get behind our team. haven fior the grand final i say

Offline MorbidFlorist

• Academy Signing
Reply #37 on: 14 Jun 2007, 05:18:06 pm
Havenfan in Hull - nobody is questioning the degree to which one fan supports the club compared to the next. That seems to be the one of the major points to your post and is both crass and unhelpful. Don't forget that everybody is different and looks to gain something personal from their level of support of the club/team.
I fully hope Haven get to the Cup final and win as stated previously but you must understand other supporters concerns with the team/players, stadium, board of directors etc. The whole purpose of this board is for the supporters to air their concerns and/or plaudits. The timing of their comments is irrelevent. Close season or playing season - unimportant.
The very act of people contributing to the forum shows their commitment to the club both short- and long-term.
Understand and respect other peoples' points of view and the value of the arguments on the forum rises. Dismiss and ridicule their posts and you miss the point completely.

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #38 on: 14 Jun 2007, 05:41:43 pm
Morbidflorist Very Well put indeed. I whole heartedly agree with you 100 %. Excellent post!

havenfan in hull

Reply #39 on: 14 Jun 2007, 06:43:02 pm
Havenfan in Hull - nobody is questioning the degree to which one fan supports the club compared to the next. That seems to be the one of the major points to your post and is both crass and unhelpful. Don't forget that everybody is different and looks to gain something personal from their level of support of the club/team.
I fully hope Haven get to the Cup final and win as stated previously but you must understand other supporters concerns with the team/players, stadium, board of directors etc. The whole purpose of this board is for the supporters to air their concerns and/or plaudits. The timing of their comments is irrelevent. Close season or playing season - unimportant.
The very act of people contributing to the forum shows their commitment to the club both short- and long-term.
Understand and respect other peoples' points of view and the value of the arguments on the forum rises. Dismiss and ridicule their posts and you miss the point completely.

my point was that supports should be supportive. i agree with consern and ive posted comment about that but my point is that i think sometimes peoples comments get to the level where they go past being usful and constructive and just have a go. i dnt know wat u fink but i think when we aint playin well we stood still be positive where we can. it the calls to sack the coach half way through a season that angered me and i think that is understandable lets stick with him and see what he can do by the end of the season because that is where we can make a proper jugement that was my point about waiting until the close season.

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #40 on: 14 Jun 2007, 06:56:33 pm
I was one who was shouting sack the coach, But on reflection it was just anger because we were so pathetic. I don't expect him to be sacked as much as I do not rate him as a General in the battle field of rugby. We will leave that to decide at seasons end? But by shouting sack him I was showing my discontent  at the game plan he came up with. Plus other issues but I have allready had a rant about them. So I will say no more on that.
But how else are we suppose to show our unhappiness with out coming on here and having a winge about things.
It's just passion for the club after all!

Offline MorbidFlorist

• Academy Signing
Reply #41 on: 14 Jun 2007, 07:18:00 pm
Havenfan in hull - If every sport supporter in the country didn't shout for the coach/manager's head every time a game was lost then I would start to worry. It's just human nature to demand change when things aren't going your way. You may think people are just "having a go" but the fact that they are on this forum proves that they are supporters. If everybody expressed themselves in the same way then the forum would get really boring, really quickly.
A famous man once said "I do not agree with what you say but would defend to the death your right to say it". That just about sums it up for me. Allow people their rants and raves and think about what they are trying to say behind all the bluster. You'll find it works.
As for the coach let him live and die by his game-plans and results. Only these will decide if he stays or goes at the end of the season. The club is a commercial venture and businesses thrive or fail on their results.
Support the club in whichever way you prefer but don't expect other people to think or do the same way you do.
WhitehavenHero mentioned passion. With a small club like Whitehaven passion will go a long way in the way you support the club/team.

havenfan in hull

Reply #42 on: 15 Jun 2007, 12:39:05 pm
i wasnt meaning to question the support of the club i was just hoping it to be more suportive. i guess what it comes down to is that if our form picks up in the next few weeks then that is fine and we can still have a great season but if it dont then maybe  people our right bout the called for new coach but as it stands im hoping it a temp form issue and not a problem with the coaching. its big time for DR he can from this point either show his quality and get our season back on track or if he dont he will have questions to answer. i wanted in my posts to show disagreement with the calls for him being sacked that was the point in it. however i acknowledge what these calls are coming at the moment