HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Fund Raising

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
on: 22 Nov 2016, 08:12:04 pm
Myself & Shaun have been asked by the BOD to look into setting up more fund raising for the club if any one has any ideas I would love to hear them. I'm hoping to speak to Chris Drake about his lotto bingo that he ran when WISC was on the go to see if we can get that up and running. Also I'm thinking about setting up a small fund raising committee to help get ideas together if any would like to help also let me know.
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline denisatesk

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2016, 08:32:15 pm
i think we should be pushing the easyfundraising site especially now we are in the run up to Christmas.use this site to shop online with amazon/argos etc and the support group gets paid a percentage of the total cost of the purchase although it cost's you no more for whatever you have bought.

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2016, 08:59:08 pm
I'm speaking to Chris about that as well if you know the web site can you put it on here for everyone to use as it's still bringing money in
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2016, 09:33:17 pm
Some good ideas at the meeting with board members maybe also with flannerz help be some changes on this forum also plans in the pipeline early days good money making ideas fans input very welcome
born and bred haven.

Offline JAYFORHAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2016, 09:33:26 pm
Easy fund raising is already on trust in haven site to raise money for the club

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 22 Nov 2016, 09:39:49 pm
Maybe get an online shop where u can buy merchandise and season tickets would be ideal for fans and would probs make a bit of money seems most clubs have this bar us

Offline Pinnochio

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 22 Nov 2016, 11:22:23 pm
Lots of supporters cant afford to sponser a player etc.  Make some affordable alternatives .  I part funded two sri lankan cricketers by folk  sponsering their shirt , whites , bat , gloves etc .  You could have the main player sponser , then sponsers for shirt , shorts , socks and boots , at affordable prices . One page in the programme listing the sponsers

Can companies have their logos on the corner flags etc ???

Local leisure centre -  link up and offer cheap /  free match ticket with all memberships

Local clubs - make each home game an opportunity for 1 club to showcase what they offer . Give all members reduced admission or a free pint or two .

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #7 on: 23 Nov 2016, 09:43:42 am
Lots of supporters cant afford to sponser a player etc.  Make some affordable alternatives .  I part funded two sri lankan cricketers by folk  sponsering their shirt , whites , bat , gloves etc .  You could have the main player sponser , then sponsers for shirt , shorts , socks and boots , at affordable prices . One page in the programme listing the sponsers

Can companies have their logos on the corner flags etc ???

Local leisure centre -  link up and offer cheap /  free match ticket with all memberships

Local clubs - make each home game an opportunity for 1 club to showcase what they offer . Give all members reduced admission or a free pint or two .

there is a page in the match programme with player sponsors, were looking at getting some drinks promotions etc some incentives at getting fans and players to come in the bar not miners and stay there longer plus put other offers on.
born and bred haven.

Offline fazza

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 23 Nov 2016, 10:48:50 am
The easy fundraising site that was originally set up by Chris Drake has been run by Trust in Haven since 2010 and has raised money for the club in that time

for more information go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/trustinhaven/ . Please support this

Offline Marc Humphreys

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 23 Nov 2016, 12:41:10 pm
Maybe get an online shop where u can buy merchandise and season tickets would be ideal for fans and would probs make a bit of money seems most clubs have this bar us

The Club Has engaged Luke Johnston to set up a merchandise shop, a general shop, club diary, club directory and hopefully a loyalty card system and to also refresh the clubs website with more photographs. to help all the engaging along we will also be setting up a large group website so as much information as possible can be past on to as many fans as possible at the same time.

P.S. Remember the best way to support the club is to join the |Pride of 5 weekly draw or to become a member of the blue club monthly draw.

M.H.
Lottery Manager

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #10 on: 23 Nov 2016, 12:47:00 pm

P.S. Remember the best way to support the club is to join the |Pride of 5 weekly draw or to become a member of the blue club monthly draw.

M.H.
Lottery Manager
[/quote]

and the 300 club marc but hopefully this forum will see big changes with much more info on it with even more club input.
born and bred haven.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #11 on: 23 Nov 2016, 07:23:01 pm
I like it when we look for fund raising ideas........and am willing to support.........but always have to smile when people come up with suggestions which have things like free / reduced admission and of course free pints attached to them.

Give with one hand and take back with the other springs to mind........

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #12 on: 23 Nov 2016, 07:28:34 pm
I like it when we look for fund raising ideas........and am willing to support.........but always have to smile when people come up with suggestions which have things like free / reduced admission and of course free pints attached to them.

Give with one hand and take back with the other springs to mind........

Be no free admission for anyone marra but we're trying to get some drinks promotions to keep fans in longer rather than disappear to miners or marchon
born and bred haven.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #13 on: 13 Dec 2016, 03:50:33 pm

the online shop will be up and running soon im told.
born and bred haven.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 13 Dec 2016, 07:34:08 pm
Great news pal