HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Steve McCormack.

HWL · 44 · 2409

popularsider

Reply #15 on: 18 Jun 2007, 08:57:55 pm
well this is coming from the person who thinks derrie eilbeck is the best centre at the club sayin sice was only playing donny  :D :D

scott mcavoy is a far better centre than derrie as is rob jackson

as for sice he is a quality player and can destroy teams in the drop of a hat but if you would all rather him playing against us than for us keep saying all this stuff about him then if he does leave and comes back to haunt us it will all be " wish we hadnt let sice go"

havenfan in hull

Reply #16 on: 18 Jun 2007, 10:47:34 pm
i would hate to lose sice and im one the people who been agreeing with DR droping him for them few games. y lose him wen lester  gona retire soon. we need him alot and he lifts the crowd wen he comes on.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #17 on: 19 Jun 2007, 09:07:59 pm
well this is coming from the person who thinks derrie eilbeck is the best centre at the club sayin sice was only playing donny  :D :D

scott mcavoy is a far better centre than derrie as is rob jackson

as for sice he is a quality player and can destroy teams in the drop of a hat but if you would all rather him playing against us than for us keep saying all this stuff about him then if he does leave and comes back to haunt us it will all be " wish we hadnt let sice go"

IMO Derry is an all round better centre. scott mcavoy may be a good centre but also very selfish and plays for his own personal gains when he does play centre. i have seen many a time when the easy option was to pass to calvert and he has took it upon himself to try and beat the opposition on his own. as for rob jackson he is becoming a liability. Teams target him because he is very slow at turning round and unfit due to his lack of game time i am beginning to wonder if he is made in hong kong. ;D

but you must agree that sice is a very selfish player or are you another one of those people who love him too much and when he doesnt play and we get beat you automatically say 'it wouldnt have happened if he was playing'

popularsider

Reply #18 on: 19 Jun 2007, 09:19:48 pm
derrie is a very selfish player you not see him play in 2006 and he only passes now when he is being forced towards touch or theres no space for calvert to run into.

scott macca is a far better centre. as for rob jackson being unfit he is probably the fittest player at the club when some lads go on the drink after games rob is on those suppliment drinks and ive been told he is a fitness fanatic.

sice is a great player

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #19 on: 19 Jun 2007, 09:30:49 pm
just hope rob doesn't sit to close to his fire before sunday.

Offline REDBECKROAD

• Academy Signing
Reply #20 on: 19 Jun 2007, 11:03:41 pm
derrie is a very selfish player you not see him play in 2006 and he only passes now when he is being forced towards touch or theres no space for calvert to run into.

Statements like this really do show how blinkered you are! To label Derry as selfish is beyond laughable, if anything Derry could be criticised for being quite the opposite, next time you're talking to your Super heros in the bar after a game try putting that to them and I'm sure the likes of Leroy, Fletch and Matty Gale ( already!) would set you straight on the matter. Just make sure you don't mention it to Steve Maden, after the service Derry has given him at centre this season so far you could well be putting yourself in harms way!!!!

As an example when Derry broke thro' the line against Doncaster he could well have tried to step and go himself or even given it to his 'Marra' Calvert on the wing who WAS in space but instead chose to put it inside to Matty Gale ( I think) who crossed closer to the posts.
To quote the greatest public speaker of our times " selfish my arse"!!!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #21 on: 20 Jun 2007, 03:38:54 am
its matty dale not gale

seedsy and s.mcavoy best centers at the club
haven till i die

Offline REDBECKROAD

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 20 Jun 2007, 03:54:34 am
its matty dale not gale

Robert de Niro the best actor ever IMHO, but what's that got to do with whether Derry is selfish or not?

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #23 on: 20 Jun 2007, 07:11:31 am
its matty dale not gale

Scott McAvoy is a second rower not a centre

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 20 Jun 2007, 12:43:43 pm
hes best position is center im sure there was a poll on this forum and most people thought he was better at center
haven till i die

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #25 on: 20 Jun 2007, 01:20:17 pm

scott macca is a far better centre. as for rob jackson being unfit he is probably the fittest player at the club when some lads go on the drink after games rob is on those suppliment drinks and ive been told he is a fitness fanatic.

sice is a great player

Derry has put in some of the sharpest passes this season in combination with Steve Maden,  particularly with Steve stepping inside, set up some fine trys ............

popularsider

Reply #26 on: 20 Jun 2007, 01:43:11 pm
well im sorry but you obviosuley watch a different derrie eilbeck to me and alot of people i talk to who do not rate derrie at all.

scott mcavoy is a centre theres only rotherham who sees him as a second rower scott played most of his amatuer career in the centre and he reeked havoc there

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 20 Jun 2007, 02:05:35 pm
Well im sorry but you must watch a different derrie eilbeck to me and plenty others who do rate him and think he has been one of our top performers this season. For you to say he is selfish is complete bull him and steve maden have the best understanings of one another at centre and wing and they can cause havoc down there side and make life difficult for any team.

popularsider

Reply #28 on: 20 Jun 2007, 03:12:08 pm
well ryan i think when rob jackson seeds and scott mcavoy are all fit again derrie wont get a look in the first team.

as for being one of the top performers i dont think he has

broadbent
fletcher
trindall
matty
duffy

have all been better than derrie

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 20 Jun 2007, 03:31:50 pm
A few will go at the end of the season wonder what the plans are for then seeds and maca are the backs wen fit, looks like seeds picks up alot of knocks now so rule no one out to fill his boots