HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Steve McCormack.

HWL · 44 · 2382

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #30 on: 20 Jun 2007, 03:37:06 pm
You only named 5 players who have been playing well and after Duffy Derrie will be there he has been our best centre all season, i think that when scott mcavoy comes back i think  DR will put him in second row as thats were he prefers him.

popularsider

Reply #31 on: 20 Jun 2007, 05:12:36 pm
dr also thinks spencer can play centre and even a board member said spencer will never be a back aslong as he has a hole in his bum.

s macca is are best centre followed by rob jackson and seeds

if derrie was are best centre why at the start of the season were macca and rob jacko being preferd to him?

Offline REDBECKROAD

• Academy Signing
Reply #32 on: 20 Jun 2007, 06:52:17 pm
Once Scott Mc is back fit and IF they manage to keep hold of Richard Fletcher, between them could form just about the best 2nd row combination outside of SL. I seem to remember when Scott was still at Hensingham he was referred to as a second rower at least as often if not more than he was referred to as a centre. I wouldn't put money on it but maybe someone from Hensingham could clear it up?

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #33 on: 20 Jun 2007, 06:57:27 pm
WELL AS YOU HAVE JUST SAID POPULARSIDER SPENCER WILL NEVER GET BACK IN AT SECOND ROW AS LONG AS HE HAS A HOLE IN HIS BUM. DR OBVIOUSLY HAS HIS FAVOURITES. THAT IS WHY JACKO WAS PLAYING CENTRE AS THEY WERE PREVIOUSLY AT THE BRONCOS TOGETHER. DERRY WAS NEVER GIVEN THE CHANCE. THEY WILL FIND IT HARD TO THINK OF A REASON TO DROP HIM AS HE HAS TOOK THE OPPORTUNITY AND PROVED HE SHOULD BE A REGULAR FIRST TEAM SELECTION.

popularsider

Reply #34 on: 20 Jun 2007, 07:19:09 pm
where did i say spencer wouldnt get back in the 2nd row  ::) read it again i said

a board member said spencer would never BE A BACK while he has a hole in his bum ::)

rob jackson and macca will be are centre partnership

redbeckroad macca played most of his amatuer career at centre

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #35 on: 20 Jun 2007, 07:55:15 pm
You can say scott mcavoy and rob jackson will be our best centres but how well does mcavoy link up with his winger not well at all, derrie and steve maden have the best partnership at wing and centre i have ever seen and when rob jackson and calvert are on top of there game so do they.

popularsider

Reply #36 on: 20 Jun 2007, 08:39:04 pm
so you cant of seen

nanyn and wesley??
seeds and o'neil??
seeds and campbell ??
seeds and lewty??
gus brown and seeds??

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #37 on: 20 Jun 2007, 08:41:29 pm
Seeds is Seeds we all know what he is like but Nanyn is a hell of alot better than mcavoy in that position.

popularsider

Reply #38 on: 20 Jun 2007, 09:56:07 pm
i dont think he is. nanyn cant tackle and only wants the ball in the opposition 30. macca wants the ball all the time and can tackle if you gave me the choice of macca and nanyn id take macca everytime

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 20 Jun 2007, 10:00:11 pm
nanyn kicks good but maca would run over him he,s not as good as he once was

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #40 on: 20 Jun 2007, 10:41:13 pm
nanyn kicks good but maca would run over him he,s not as good as he once was

I would have him back tomoz

havenfan in hull

Reply #41 on: 20 Jun 2007, 10:43:28 pm
me 2.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #42 on: 21 Jun 2007, 05:05:24 pm
I wouldnt. I agree with popularsider as we have Rudd who can kick better than him now and when you stand in the popularside you can see macca waving his hands about and shouting for the ball .

popularsider

Reply #43 on: 21 Jun 2007, 05:18:51 pm
fansincethe90s agreeing with me  :o :o :o :o :o :o