HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Irish Team

1873 · 20 · 2114

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
on: 22 Dec 2016, 02:34:23 pm
Heard a good authority that a team based just south of Dublin has a been granted a 5 year license to play in the Championship/Champ1.

Aiming to grow the game in Ireland. New millionaire owner of bray wanderers Fc is behind the move.

Wouldn't mind a trip to Dublin for a weekend. Toronto, France, Wales, London...Where next?

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 22 Dec 2016, 02:57:18 pm
No problem with an Irish or even Scottish team France is a bit too far as for Toronto that's just what you would call mental

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2016, 03:00:42 pm
I said this earlier on that yes a team from Ireland and Scotland makes sense. Defo not from Canada. Let's wait and see what happens to this.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 22 Dec 2016, 04:39:12 pm
You don't get licences in RL so I wouldn't trust your source

The next League 1 team will be in Manchester

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 22 Dec 2016, 05:02:39 pm
You don't get licences in RL so I wouldn't trust your source

The next League 1 team will be in Manchester

Manchestet rangers already play at man city reserve ground
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 22 Dec 2016, 06:49:32 pm
Ok so if you don't call it a license what is it called? A permission slip?

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 22 Dec 2016, 09:32:39 pm
Ok so if you don't call it a license what is it called? A permission slip?

You become a member of the RFL and they aren't for a period of time but until you either resign, fold or are voted out

There is no licensing in RL and definitely no agreements for 5 years given

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 23 Dec 2016, 12:19:54 am
Ah right so it's a membership youre given. What's the difference between a membership and a license?

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 23 Dec 2016, 07:54:57 am
Ah right so it's a membership youre given. What's the difference between a membership and a license?

A lot.

A licence for a start doesn't exist in RL. It is also for a set period of time which again doesn't  happen in the RL

The rest is easy to look up etc
« Last Edit: 23 Dec 2016, 07:56:55 am by LeeF »

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 23 Dec 2016, 05:53:52 pm
Ummm doesn't seem much difference between the two. In fairness my friend would use the term license as that's what they use in the league of Ireland. We can debate the difference between membership and license but the way the rFL parachute teams in when they want it amounts to little more than a license.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 23 Dec 2016, 07:35:41 pm
Ummm doesn't seem much difference between the two. In fairness my friend would use the term license as that's what they use in the league of Ireland. We can debate the difference between membership and license but the way the rFL parachute teams in when they want it amounts to little more than a license.

No it doesn't

And the 5 year commitment?

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 23 Dec 2016, 08:03:42 pm
No idea. I'll have a crack with him after Xmas try and get more details for you. I thought it May be of some interest.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 25 Dec 2016, 07:05:48 pm
Personally it doesn't bother me were teams come from. Toronto  coming on board gives the game that extra bit of intrigue and the same would go if an Irish side came on board. What does worry me is if these teams are given special privileges like a salary cap way beyond other sides which in turn makes the whole competition unfair.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 25 Dec 2016, 08:03:31 pm
Personally it doesn't bother me were teams come from. Toronto  coming on board gives the game that extra bit of intrigue and the same would go if an Irish side came on board. What does worry me is if these teams are given special privileges like a salary cap way beyond other sides which in turn makes the whole competition unfair.

The cap is the same for all 3 Leagues now
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 26 Dec 2016, 09:13:59 am

The cap is the same for all 3 Leagues now

And why as it changed, mmmmm maybe due to the rfl wanting to safe glide toronto straight to super league
Up The Haven