HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Irish Team

1873 · 20 · 2117

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 26 Dec 2016, 11:56:27 am
Its been like this for a few season now but i agree with you. It has helped Toronto Toulouse and leigh
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #16 on: 26 Dec 2016, 01:04:07 pm
I have a feeling that the RFL's desire to have certain teams playing in SL, ......(and of course those teams are essentially attractive to the Sky contract),.....so I belive SL will be expanded in one of two ways.

Just a bigger SL

or

A SL structure based on two equally strong divisions and an included inter-divisional series of matches

One things for sure, the RFL will not want to see Leigh, Bradford, Torronto and any French clubs wallowing around in any division below a SL structure......it's not any good for business that.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 26 Dec 2016, 01:54:23 pm
I have a feeling that the RFL's desire to have certain teams playing in SL, ......(and of course those teams are essentially attractive to the Sky contract),.....so I belive SL will be expanded in one of two ways.

Just a bigger SL

or

A SL structure based on two equally strong divisions and an included inter-divisional series of matches

One things for sure, the RFL will not want to see Leigh, Bradford, Torronto and any French clubs wallowing around in any division below a SL structure......it's not any good for business that.

I can't see the Superleague clubs allowing the expansion of Superleague above the present number of 12 teams as it would mean they would get a reduced annual payout from the TV contract,some of the clubs are on their knees now financially,that's why they voted against bringing jack 'A' teams and are looking to have merged academies.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #18 on: 27 Dec 2016, 12:11:31 pm
It all depends on what Sky want I'm afraid...........if Sky feel it will improve interest and so viewing figures then it's a done deal.

Sky money keeps SL afloat.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 27 Dec 2016, 10:12:30 pm
It wouldn't surprise me if they increased SL to accommodate the likes of Toulouse and Toronto. Having them both in would make SL more attractive  and SKY might throw more money into RLondon so others ides wouldn't lose out.