HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dion

Brow Lad · 346 · 23090

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #45 on: 08 Feb 2017, 12:08:24 pm
i was in the office yesterday and amanda was still on the phone trying to sort this out. dont think the club are doing nothing about it daily there on the phone.
born and bred haven.

Offline Hope springs eternal

• Academy Signing
Reply #46 on: 08 Feb 2017, 01:21:20 pm
I know from personal experience that being involved in the running of a sporting club is a thankless task. It is 24/7, there is always something to do or needs sorting. We have to trust that the board are doing their best, without a board/volunteers you don't have a club.
Most people are interested only in the results on the field, what goes on behind the scenes is not a concern. The Dion situation is a mess and does need sorting and hindsight is a wonderful thing but this should have been resolved earlier.
Personally I would've given the job to Rooney and allowed him to build, its a big ask for 24 year old player coach. But we are where we are.
Remember we haven't as yet lost a game where points are up for grabs, nobody remembers the results of pre season games once the season is underway. Yes its not ideal but I haven't given up hope yet.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #47 on: 08 Feb 2017, 02:48:22 pm
I know from personal experience that being involved in the running of a sporting club is a thankless task. It is 24/7, there is always something to do or needs sorting. We have to trust that the board are doing their best, without a board/volunteers you don't have a club.
Most people are interested only in the results on the field, what goes on behind the scenes is not a concern. The Dion situation is a mess and does need sorting and hindsight is a wonderful thing but this should have been resolved earlier.
Personally I would've given the job to Rooney and allowed him to build, its a big ask for 24 year old player coach. But we are where we are.
Remember we haven't as yet lost a game where points are up for grabs, nobody remembers the results of pre season games once the season is underway. Yes its not ideal but I haven't given up hope yet.

great post marra keep the faith.
born and bred haven.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #48 on: 09 Feb 2017, 04:34:11 pm
i think we might be getting somewhere with this and hopefully news soon. well done to amanda hewer for working tirelessly to sort this.
born and bred haven.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #49 on: 09 Feb 2017, 05:32:00 pm
Well done

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #50 on: 09 Feb 2017, 06:54:19 pm
Its all in Dions hands now,

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #51 on: 09 Feb 2017, 07:11:31 pm
The future of our season is in Dions hands. Hope he is here very soon we need him.

Offline HavenMarra7

• Academy Star
  • 2005 League Winners
Reply #52 on: 09 Feb 2017, 08:52:43 pm
Let's hope he's been smashing the gym in PNG or we're knackered 😂😂

Offline nuttyandrew

• Academy Signing
Reply #53 on: 09 Feb 2017, 11:06:46 pm
Personally, despite all the energy thats been expended trying to get him over, I would pull the plug. Sounds like he has part orchestrated this situation and if he ever does arrive you can bet your life he'll be unfit.

Offline Booga20

• Academy Star
Reply #54 on: 10 Feb 2017, 09:32:35 am
Nutty Andrew

You've gotta be joking our half backs have been poor I'm sure a half fit Dion would be better than what we have

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #55 on: 10 Feb 2017, 09:34:10 am
Nutty Andrew

You've gotta be joking our half backs have been poor I'm sure a half fit Dion would be better than what we have

dion has to play 6 none of this 2nd row rubbish wasted agree with the above
born and bred haven.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #56 on: 10 Feb 2017, 12:14:52 pm
Still 3 weeks till season starts let's hope he's over by then all other png players playing over here seem to have made it over without any probs

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #57 on: 10 Feb 2017, 02:05:20 pm
Still 3 weeks till season starts let's hope he's over by then all other png players playing over here seem to have made it over without any probs

The trouble is that not only is he not going to be anywhere near match fitness but you're also asking him to slot into a key position without having had any preparation time with a virtually new squad. It's not ideal.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #58 on: 10 Feb 2017, 02:31:04 pm

The trouble is that not only is he not going to be anywhere near match fitness but you're also asking him to slot into a key position without having had any preparation time with a virtually new squad. It's not ideal.
100% correct marra not ideal

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #59 on: 11 Feb 2017, 02:21:25 pm

If he turns up unfit then he should be fined.