HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Team For Barrow Hopefully

Offline lou lou

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 18 Jan 2017, 08:40:53 pm
Rubbish,the team that will start the first league game needs to play together in pre season at some point,especially when you need to bed in new halves and a game against one of the strongest teams in the division is a perfect opportunity to do that,we do have some other preseason games you know so the players who miss out could still be given playing opportunities.

Omg have you ever played mark. Do you know what it would do to these new players leaving them out aft one game.

Yes,you really don't know what your talking about,there is another friendly after the Barrow match to give players a run out or do you want us to start the regular season with half our strongest 17,including our halves never playing a game together.

Typical, thinks there always right but never actually done anything in sport.
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2017, 02:08:07 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 18 Jan 2017, 09:15:31 pm
Just an opinion,but great post,very mature,well done.

Offline roxy274

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 18 Jan 2017, 11:13:42 pm

And if we stick our best 17out against Barrow , get beat and lose key players through injury then what? Sunday was unacceptable but guess what !!@whatever fozz says to the media is to please us lot.  He would have learnt as much about his players in defeat as he would have putting 20 past them in victory.  Pre-season is just that ,means nothing till the points count . The players know that and so does the coach. I expect Barrow to beat us on Sunday but i also expect an improvement on last week

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 18 Jan 2017, 11:25:15 pm

And if we stick our best 17out against Barrow , get beat and lose key players through injury then what? Sunday was unacceptable but guess what !!@whatever fozz says to the media is to please us lot.  He would have learnt as much about his players in defeat as he would have putting 20 past them in victory.  Pre-season is just that ,means nothing till the points count . The players know that and so does the coach. I expect Barrow to beat us on Sunday but i also expect an improvement on last week
r

So we shouldn't play any of our best 17 in pre season in case they get injured.

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 18 Jan 2017, 11:28:43 pm
Would be nice if the first xi had a good blast at some stage but I think in pre season we need everyone involved so they're part of the squad. Key is getting the combinations plenty of time together, mainly 6,7,9 I suppose.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 19 Jan 2017, 08:46:16 am
Doesn't help that our star player has missed the entire pre season and if he doesn't get here soon might be going into the season without any game time under his belt.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 19 Jan 2017, 09:02:14 am

What good is it going to do the young lads if they are part of a hammering by teams in our own league? How about none.

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #22 on: 20 Jan 2017, 03:12:10 pm
Anyone know how many are we playing on Sunday then. Any news regarding team selection.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #24 on: 20 Jan 2017, 03:47:59 pm
Anyone know how many are we playing on Sunday then. Any news regarding team selection.

lads are training tonight.
born and bred haven.

Offline Booga20

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 20 Jan 2017, 07:50:39 pm
Ell
Pattinson
Chris
Jessie
Jordan
Ty
Crooks
Foz
Newts
Tommy
Dave
Jake
Tilly

Holliday
Shacks
Kurt
Glenn

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 20 Jan 2017, 10:00:52 pm
Newts playing full 90 then. Or can anyone else spell him off.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #27 on: 21 Jan 2017, 09:01:38 am
Riley not playing got a cut last week not being risked

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 21 Jan 2017, 09:13:39 am
Worthington in the 18 squad

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #29 on: 21 Jan 2017, 09:25:11 am
Riley not playing got a cut last week not being risked