11.Spencer
12.Flecther
13.Smith

14.Lester
15.Joe
16.bamba
17.C.Mcavoy
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2007, 06:00:36 pm by HavenMascot »

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 21 Jun 2007, 05:56:10 pm
Id have Macca and Flapper in there too

newton

Reply #17 on: 21 Jun 2007, 06:05:45 pm
bamba and macca ???? FOR A SEMI FINAL got to go for proven players

Offline will

• Academy Signing
Reply #18 on: 21 Jun 2007, 06:09:13 pm
according to the teletext on Border fat's is doubtful for sunday!
Does any body know if he's in or out for sunday,if! he's out he will be a big miss as fax have got a big pack,but! i'm still confident we can do it.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 21 Jun 2007, 06:17:46 pm
popular says he's raring to go unless he got it  wrong.
 :-\

popularsider

Reply #20 on: 21 Jun 2007, 08:11:28 pm
fats is fit spoke to on saturday and he was moving his shoulder very freely and it didnt feel sore or stiff he did go for an x ray but everything is fine and he will play sunday

Offline havenproud

• Academy Signing
Reply #21 on: 22 Jun 2007, 04:46:06 am
1.Broadbent
2.Calvert
3.Seeds
4.R.Jackson
5.Maden
6.Rudd
7.Duffy
8.Trindall
9.Sice
10.Fats
11.Spencer
12.Flecther
13.Smith

14.Lester
15.Joe
16.bamba
17.C.Mcavoy

ok here goes, i don't mean to be rude but in my own opinion there is someone fairly crucial that u seem to have left out...... (if he is suddenly injured i apologies) but where is matty in this line up??

this season he has been a major part of our team. sometimes he even stands out!! :o :o

the lad is one of the most consistent boys on the park week in week out, his pass from dummy half is most accurate, and he possess an alround game with scooting ability, and as well as the power and strengh to break the odd tackle, oh btw his vision aint bad either.

the fact he is not in ur team (unless injured) IMO is a mistake, i also believe he is our BEST out and out hooker at the minuite and i believe he should start, with him at 9 smith @ 13 and sicey on the bench, with lester helping the 21's along, as well as being regular 18th man and stepping in when needed, he has the experience, and the ability still but i believe that when short, (of either proven players, or big game experience)  he has the head and ability to do so. i believe that in years to come we will realise that matty is one of the most important players at the club, his consistency @ 9, as well as his all round rugby brain and robustness, will get us out of the odd hole every now and again, for me matty is an out and out 9, but could also do a respectable job in the, sr, 13, 6, cr positions without compromising, experience or ability!!

(come on he must be more of an 11/12 than spencer,no disrespect!!)

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #22 on: 22 Jun 2007, 05:49:50 am
  :)  Spot on analysis, can't fault your reasoning in any way.

With Cise and Smith capable of filling similar roles we have a great game breaker combination too, when we use them all in interchanges.

lowca

Reply #23 on: 22 Jun 2007, 10:21:45 am

Matty has been our most consistent hooker this season when Dave Rotherham has played him in that position.

Matty must be disillusioned at the way Dave Rotherham has treated him. Dave Rotherham is using Matty to cover 11, 12, and 13 positions mostly off the bench.

Matty's contract is up this year. How is Dave Rotherham going to persuade Matty to sign a new one?
Not by messing the lad about like he is now.

The one thing Matty lacks is experience in the hooker role, but D.R. wont give him the game time he needs.  He has all the other atributes a top hooker needs as Havenproud has already stated.

Don't be surprised if Matty signs for Barrow as he wants to play at hooker. Haven cannot afford to lose a talent as big as Matty's.

Dave Rotherham please take note.

« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2007, 10:30:04 am by lowca »

Offline havenproud

• Academy Signing
Reply #24 on: 22 Jun 2007, 10:42:33 am

With Cise and Smith capable of filling similar roles we have a great game breaker combination too, when we use them all in interchanges.

smith is a traveling player on decent money, although very good and proven i would rather see his wages go to a quality standoff and have rudd @ 13.

newton

Reply #25 on: 22 Jun 2007, 03:56:24 pm
lowca also heard crack about matty and barrow shameto loss him

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 22 Jun 2007, 04:02:21 pm
Probably one of the most difficult teams of the season to call. Only Hill and S.McAvoy unavailable, competition for places is at its strongest. (although I would still like another Prop). Also need to take into account size of Halifax pack, so I would go with:

1:        Broadbent
2:        Calvert
3:        Craig McAvoy
4:        Eilbeck
5:        Maden
6:        Rudd
7:        Duffy
8:        Trindall
9:        Mattinson
10:      Fatialofa
11:      Miller
12:      Fletcher
13:      A.Smith

14:      Sice
15:      M.Jackson
16:      Teare
17:      Joe

If Fatialofa doesn't make it, would start Jacko and have Ricky Wright on bench.

Need Power up the middle and plenty of speed in the Threequarters.

Sice and C.McAvoy will be an unknown quantity to Halifax.

Lester, Seeds and Rob Jackson down to u-21s with Ricky Wright (potentially).

For this game need players 100% match fit as will be played at one hell of a pace, so wouldn't risk the returning Centres, although we do need to take a gamble on Madens' match fitness.

Would definately have Lester as 18th man for this game.

However got a feeling that DR won't drop Lester!!!!!!!!!

lowca

Reply #27 on: 22 Jun 2007, 04:21:55 pm

No need to put Matty in  hooker position as Dave Rotherham will not play him at 9.

havenfan in hull

Reply #28 on: 22 Jun 2007, 06:22:21 pm
Probably one of the most difficult teams of the season to call. Only Hill and S.McAvoy unavailable, competition for places is at its strongest. (although I would still like another Prop). Also need to take into account size of Halifax pack, so I would go with:

1:        Broadbent
2:        Calvert
3:        Craig McAvoy
4:        Eilbeck
5:        Maden
6:        Rudd
7:        Duffy
8:        Trindall
9:        Mattinson
10:      Fatialofa
11:      Miller
12:      Fletcher
13:      A.Smith

14:      Sice
15:      M.Jackson
16:      Teare
17:      Joe

If Fatialofa doesn't make it, would start Jacko and have Ricky Wright on bench.

Need Power up the middle and plenty of speed in the Threequarters.

Sice and C.McAvoy will be an unknown quantity to Halifax.

Lester, Seeds and Rob Jackson down to u-21s with Ricky Wright (potentially).

For this game need players 100% match fit as will be played at one hell of a pace, so wouldn't risk the returning Centres, although we do need to take a gamble on Madens' match fitness.

Would definately have Lester as 18th man for this game.

However got a feeling that DR won't drop Lester!!!!!!!!!

seeds lester n r. joacko are 3 of our most experianced players and 3 of our best. seeds is a must in the centers and i dont know why you would drop your captain for a cup semi????  if maden not fully fit i would rather just move r jacko to the wing than risk him also.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 23 Jun 2007, 01:01:30 pm
With the definite need for 4 props in this game to combat the Fax pack, and the poor form of Teare and Wright.

How about,

Broadbent
Calvert
Seeds
Eilbeck
Maiden
Rudd
Duffy
Trindall
Smith
Jacko M
Miller
Jacko R
Joe

Bench

Fats
Fletch (impact prop off bench )
Sice
Matty

Very unlikely, but we need 4 props who can tough it up with the, Leroy has been outstanding, while Lester has done nothing recently. With Fats and Trindall starting we go off the boil after 20 when they both go off, start with Jacko, with his CONTROLLED aggression. Use Matty has pack cover and Sice has 2nd hooker.

PS

Would we have Tandy back, he hasnt featured since going to KR, he is the sort of Go Forward Prop we need.

TW