HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Whitehaven and Leigh Dual Registration

Amanda · 131 · 7426

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 02 Mar 2017, 10:03:50 pm
So you think DR is a good idea,what ever your told they will have to play meaning some one  who has trained all week will miss out.
This weekend if Taylor and Parker are centers then we have burns,Calvert miller , Patterson and the Leigh player for 3 places ,so who misses out ,it won't be the Leigh player,so some who have done full preseason will miss out on the first league game cause of a last minute arrival
With the halfback back in contention after his head knock then a half will miss out Tyrone ?
 So when these players start walking away like in previous seasons ,you know why
All  preseason we were told we would not go down the DR route and would have a big enough squad and plug gaps with loan players .

Dion goes missing, 1 drugs ban, thats 2 down. Dave Allen injured. Theres 3.

Bans, injuries and massive underachievement, means we need a bit of fresh blood to add a bit of impetus.

HW

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 02 Mar 2017, 10:05:05 pm
Who's got a drugs ban ?
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 02 Mar 2017, 10:11:35 pm
So you think DR is a good idea,what ever your told they will have to play meaning some one  who has trained all week will miss out.
This weekend if Taylor and Parker are centers then we have burns,Calvert miller , Patterson and the Leigh player for 3 places ,so who misses out ,it won't be the Leigh player,so some who have done full preseason will miss out on the first league game cause of a last minute arrival
With the halfback back in contention after his head knock then a half will miss out Tyrone ?
 So when these players start walking away like in previous seasons ,you know why
All  preseason we were told we would not go down the DR route and would have a big enough squad and plug gaps with loan players .

Dion goes missing, 1 drugs ban, thats 2 down. Dave Allen injured. Theres 3.

Bans, injuries and massive underachievement, means we need a bit of fresh blood to add a bit of impetus.

HW

So get in some loan players

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 02 Mar 2017, 10:12:20 pm
Drugs ban?
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 02 Mar 2017, 10:12:47 pm
Who's got a drugs ban ?

Whoops wrong season.

HW

Offline havenonline

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 02 Mar 2017, 10:41:07 pm
Shocking decision. Bad enough being dual reg and keeping unwanted super league players fit but now we have unwanted super league players who are unwanted in the championship. Is this trio reg ?  :o :shake:

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #21 on: 02 Mar 2017, 11:02:14 pm
Dr is cheaper than paying for loans, think about it. Would you rather spend 12k a year on a loan or go dual reg and get lads for a month. Most people on this forum have been screaming for some back up backs yet still complaining. Who do you want Ryan hall??????? Get a grip people and be realistic

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 03 Mar 2017, 02:12:59 am
Any help is good help at present. Why be such a negative arm chair critic.
Get behind the team wether we agree with the team selection or not, we are Haven.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #23 on: 03 Mar 2017, 08:09:57 am
Dr is cheaper than paying for loans, think about it. Would you rather spend 12k a year on a loan or go dual reg and get lads for a month. Most people on this forum have been screaming for some back up backs yet still complaining. Who do you want Ryan hall??????? Get a grip people and be realistic
More often than not you don't get them for a month,you get whoever the superleague club deems needs game time that week,loans maybe more expensive but at least you have some control on the players you get in,they don't just show up on a Thursday night at training and waltz straight into the team,yet another poor rugby decision by club.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 03 Mar 2017, 08:43:57 am
Nobody would complain if we got gregg mcnally for a few games in his comeback from injury

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #25 on: 03 Mar 2017, 09:31:44 am
Nobody would complain if we got gregg mcnally for a few games in his comeback from injury

be nice marra.
born and bred haven.

Offline The Jackal

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 03 Mar 2017, 09:43:14 am
If it was a straight 2 way DR agreement with a SL club then I could understand the logic given how things have started. But like was the case with saints, ourselves and Rochdale,  the championship club gets the Adam Swift and the championship 1 club get what's left.
Can you get an experienced  head coach who isn't on the pitch during a game on DR?

Offline DannyB

• Academy Signing
Reply #27 on: 03 Mar 2017, 10:37:38 am
After watching my first game down at Whitehaven the other week against town since I left, it was clear to me that we struggled around the ruck and that our half backs just stood and passed, and didn't lead what I think is a very adequate pack for this level around the park. I personally think newts is better off the bench running at a tired defence, as for the half backs, I can't see how we can sign the best half in the county and play him at full back, I'd start Tyrone every week as he brings a game to the table that no one can handle or predict. That baffled me. As for the dual reg it has its positives and negatives, if used correctly and how Whitehaven want it, (I.e bring in players in positions they need) it will work, but to bringing in winger, who isn't needed in my eyes isn't a clever move. I just hope Leigh don't dictate what players can have and when they play, as in previous years it has unsettled the camp and not really been much of a gain to the club. These are just my opinions guys. Was good to see some old faces and catch up with a lot of you when I was down.

Offline Booga20

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 03 Mar 2017, 03:39:48 pm
So what's our predictions on the team for South Wales

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #29 on: 03 Mar 2017, 04:07:08 pm

Miller
Calvert
Holiday
Taylor
New player