HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

READ ME: Important Message - vote now

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
on: 02 Mar 2017, 07:44:15 pm
Hi guys

I spoke with the club earlier on this evening and we talked about introducing a fee on the forum in exchange for exclusive content. With the loss of the main sponsor, and in order to ensure the club operates in the long term, they really are exploring all avenues to raise additional funds. Exclusive content would be in the form of interviews, match highlights, access to news before the paper etc... (and more).

This forum has been in existence since 2005 as an outlet for Haven fans (and fans of other clubs) to chat and share their views. Many of you have been members since the beginning so I wanted to run a poll to gauge opinion. There are 3 options, and please answer honestly as we will look to implement changes based on this feedback.

If anyone has suggestions about the kind of content they would like to see in exchange for a fee, then please do share. Of course, other fundraising ideas are always welcome.

John
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2017, 07:48:51 pm by Flannerz »

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 02 Mar 2017, 07:58:55 pm
Yes I would definitely subscribe to pay for this forum but for £25 it has to be good value the banter always good but it would need match highlights player interviews regular promotions maybe a monthly draw to win a match ticket good ideas flannerz and the board im all for this.
born and bred haven.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 02 Mar 2017, 08:05:08 pm
An Unofficial Forum is not the place for this. If the club want to use Exclusive Content, they can do it through the club website.

Personally i think it will just cause problems. At the moment the clubs use on the Web although improving is still sporadic to say the least.

A new website was in the offing, but its still not active, and i dont think the promised Online Shop has landed yet.

HW

Offline sonicrebel

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 02 Mar 2017, 08:11:52 pm
Don't the trust already provide some of this exclusive content?

Offline Havener

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 02 Mar 2017, 08:16:31 pm
£25 a year seems very pricey. Would need to give all members a free trial to see if they would be willing to pay the annual fee. It's lot of money for people to pay when they  (at the moment) don't know what benefits they are paying for

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 02 Mar 2017, 08:17:28 pm
I wouldn't pay

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 02 Mar 2017, 08:19:41 pm
Thanks for the feedback so far. It's only fair that the members have a say in this, as ultimately it is a fans forum.

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 02 Mar 2017, 08:20:48 pm
Not for me sorry guys I enjoy this forum as it is a suppose a few updates a features would be great to see but not 25 quid

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 02 Mar 2017, 08:30:12 pm
If they want to go down the Exclusive Route, let them put it on the New Club Website which was mentioned in November by the club but still hasnt landed.

HW

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 02 Mar 2017, 08:32:55 pm
I would pay but maybe a direct debit scheme would be better say 2.50 a month

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 02 Mar 2017, 08:39:13 pm
An Unofficial Forum is not the place for this. If the club want to use Exclusive Content, they can do it through the club website.

Personally i think it will just cause problems. At the moment the clubs use on the Web although improving is still sporadic to say the least.

A new website was in the offing, but its still not active, and i dont think the promised Online Shop has landed yet.

HW

Pretty much agrees with my thoughts

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 03 Mar 2017, 02:17:05 am
I have voted no as I am already paying to TIH site. I'm all for helping the club but I couldn't pay twice so maybe we could look at utilising this site with John's (RIP) TIH site. I wasn't aware we have lost a main sponsor--who is this? Good luck, Flanners, it's great you are trying so hard.
El Tel.

Offline Ron 999

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 03 Mar 2017, 06:33:39 am
£25 is a small price to play for the club that I love - a fan since 1960!

Offline Rodderz

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 03 Mar 2017, 08:32:43 am
I have been supporting Whitehaven through thick and thin since 1958.
If it was going to make a difference in keeping the Club afloat, then I would subscribe.
I am also a member of Trust in Haven.

Offline garfield

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 03 Mar 2017, 09:53:31 am
I think this is AECOM last season as main sponsor?