HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

READ ME: Important Message - vote now

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 03 Mar 2017, 09:54:10 am
I have voted "No". I believe this should stay an "unofficial forum". I think the Moderators do an excellent job. If it became an "Official" forum would censorship then come in to play? The thing that concerns me about this is that the Trust in Haven already provide exclusive interviews and match footage. They have already lost a big fundraiser for them in the Square Deal and now "the club" are looking to take other things away from them. (I am not a Trust member).

Des

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 03 Mar 2017, 10:41:06 am
I voted no.  This forum is unofficial and works well, why change something that is not broken?   In my opinion it would just cause problems with those paid members "in the know" taunting and dangling carrots to those non-paid members, because inevitably, some would be unable to help themselves by leaking content to non-paid members and the paid members demanding a refund. 

The cub have a website, use it!  It would take some co-ordinating and expense (more than the income generated from making it pay per view areas) to differentiate access the paid area and ensuring those that were non-paid members did not gain access via unscrupulous means.  How would the club police this?  Would it be moderated? 

No disrepect to Mr Drinkwater, but why change the Square Deal to this 300 club?   The Trust made it a success with a valuable income stream to the club and it was taken away.  The reason for this was? 

The club needs on board a dedicated fund raiser/sponsorship co-ordinator, someone with a proven track record to implement new measures and ideas for fund raising.  Making this forum a paid media outlet would be disastrous.
 Well, there's my view

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #17 on: 03 Mar 2017, 11:18:29 am
I voted no.  This forum is unofficial and works well, why change something that is not broken?   In my opinion it would just cause problems with those paid members "in the know" taunting and dangling carrots to those non-paid members, because inevitably, some would be unable to help themselves by leaking content to non-paid members and the paid members demanding a refund. 

The cub have a website, use it!  It would take some co-ordinating and expense (more than the income generated from making it pay per view areas) to differentiate access the paid area and ensuring those that were non-paid members did not gain access via unscrupulous means.  How would the club police this?  Would it be moderated? 

No disrepect to Mr Drinkwater, but why change the Square Deal to this 300 club?   The Trust made it a success with a valuable income stream to the club and it was taken away.  The reason for this was? 

The club needs on board a dedicated fund raiser/sponsorship co-ordinator, someone with a proven track record to implement new measures and ideas for fund raising.  Making this forum a paid media outlet would be disastrous.
 Well, there's my view

the 300 club was my idea, the trust havnt lost the square deal if no one is prepared to sell it that is down to the trust but as far as im aware they were still going ahead with it. i did most of the work with the square deal that was introduced by dave farrell but nothing was taken away from them. the club have asked the trust for months if it was happening i have even tried to buy them myself on the trust site and the message is not yet available and dont contact shaun as he is no longer with the trust. i and the club were hoping both would do go well as the club would get both incomes but nothing was ever taken from the trust just a bit of hard work 302 later. only 132 were sold on last years square deal so these members are my work not the trusts. like i say hopefully the square deal takes off during this season and brings much needed funds into the club.
hope that clears up to the above.
shaun
born and bred haven.

Offline fazza

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 03 Mar 2017, 03:14:54 pm
This proposal came out of the blue  to me nonetheless  The Trust will speak with the BOD in the forthcoming weeks to discuss a way forward on their proposals .

In the meantime I would like to remind all Haven supporters that the Trust are always looking  new fundraising initiatives and we did start a Online Betting club with Myclubbetting.com   it had some take up in the autumn but we have had no new members this year   

Should you be a person who likes to have a flutter on Sports Then Why not join and earn 20% commission for your club.

Visit   https://trustinhaven.myclubbetting.co.uk/  and start betting today

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 03 Mar 2017, 03:29:08 pm
I would also say no, it should stay an "unofficial forum".

Offline Top marra

• Academy Signing
Reply #20 on: 03 Mar 2017, 08:07:34 pm
Don't want to get into an argument with various fund raisers for the club. This poll is an attempt to gauge fans willingness to help the club raise revenue lost from ACOM The club are actively trying to find new sponsorship partners to cover the loss of £60000 from ACOM. We have secured deals with some local companies but are still way short Sponsorship lost from  ACOM. The fundamentals still need to be sorted as to costing/ payments etc. What has been discussed is a one of payment of £20 per year, or £2.00 a month direct debit. What is the point of a fans forum if the club can no longer continue to exist because of lack of funding !!

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 03 Mar 2017, 08:21:46 pm
Don't want to get into an argument with various fund raisers for the club. This poll is an attempt to gauge fans willingness to help the club raise revenue lost from ACOM The club are actively trying to find new sponsorship partners to cover the loss of £60000 from ACOM. We have secured deals with some local companies but are still way short Sponsorship lost from  ACOM. The fundamentals still need to be sorted as to costing/ payments etc. What has been discussed is a one of payment of £20 per year, or £2.00 a month direct debit. What is the point of a fans forum if the club can no longer continue to exist because of lack of funding !!

Use the OFFICIAL Club Website, not an Unofficial Forum. Remember this was an Official Forum but the club distanced itself from it for certain reasons.

HW

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #22 on: 03 Mar 2017, 09:04:40 pm
A few on here say about the bod get your fingers out what do they do there all trying everything behind the scenes and already planning for the lost funding next season good on them i say without them we would be struggling.
born and bred haven.

Offline DannyB

• Academy Signing
Reply #23 on: 03 Mar 2017, 09:30:47 pm
What's happened to the main sponsor?

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #24 on: 03 Mar 2017, 09:42:44 pm
What's happened to the main sponsor?
The sponsorship has ended
born and bred haven.

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #25 on: 03 Mar 2017, 09:43:22 pm
Surely the nuclear industry will step in again as somehow they've sponsored us for years. Different companies etc.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 03 Mar 2017, 09:46:40 pm
Surely the nuclear industry will step in again as somehow they've sponsored us for years. Different companies etc.
Wouldn't bet on it.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline DannyB

• Academy Signing
Reply #27 on: 03 Mar 2017, 09:48:31 pm
It's ended and we haven't had another in place once that one ended? Or have I missed something??

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #28 on: 03 Mar 2017, 11:22:10 pm
Ends after this season I think.

Offline DannyB

• Academy Signing
Reply #29 on: 04 Mar 2017, 02:02:28 am
Ends after this season I think.

I see makes more sense. Cheers.