READ ME: Important Message - vote now

Offline garfield

• Academy Signing
Reply #45 on: 14 Mar 2017, 02:12:13 pm
I think Shaun?

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #46 on: 14 Mar 2017, 02:21:08 pm
Exactly. This is an unofficial forum  so by definition nothing to do with the club. If the club - or I suspect in this case Shaun - want to set up an exclusive "Members only" clique then  let them, but leave this forum alone.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #47 on: 14 Mar 2017, 02:23:34 pm
who has had talks with club over the future of the forum, surely with 75% of the members voting no pay their votes should count for something, and the forum is the unofficial Whitehaven rlfc forum,

all the board members were there except 1 flannerz the mod of this forum  had already had talks with the bod about this.20 present at saturdays meeting. with a formal talk about moving forward next season and beyond most were in favour of making it pay per month/year forum. so it wasnt just me but i was in favour of it
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2017, 10:01:16 pm by haven94 »
born and bred haven.

Offline High Tackle

• Academy Signing
Reply #48 on: 14 Mar 2017, 02:23:51 pm
Sorry but cant see paying to use a forum ( essentially paying to talk to each other) gaining much support or indeed revenue , as mentioned previously people will just migrate to a free one .

Also regardless of that i feel it would be  downright cheeky as I suspect most users of this forum already give Haven plenty of their hard earned during the course of a season.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #49 on: 14 Mar 2017, 02:28:04 pm
Sorry but cant see paying to use a forum ( essentially paying to talk to each other) gaining much support or indeed revenue , as mentioned previously people will just migrate to a free one .

Also regardless of that i feel it would be  downright cheeky as I suspect most users of this forum already give Haven plenty of their hard earned during the course of a season.

the board are thinking of all ways of bringing money in to the club with this idea and a lot of others if we dont have a team there will be no forum.
born and bred haven.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #50 on: 14 Mar 2017, 02:52:20 pm
who has had talks with club over the future of the forum, surely with 75% of the members voting no pay their votes should count for something, and the forum is the unofficial Whitehaven rlfc forum,

all the board members, flannerz the mod of this forum there was 20 present at saturdays meeting. with a formal talk about moving forward next season and beyond most were in favour of making it pay per month/year forum. so it wasnt just me but i was in favour of it

How many there actually use the Forum?

Grasping at straws comes to mind.

They would be better concentrating on the half finished projects that are ongoing. Club Website and Club Online Shop. These have been ongoing since Nov 2016.

Yet again we have nothing OFFICIAL from the club, but a statement from Haven94, who has no Role within the Club or on  this Forum.

Shaun i admire what you are doing raising money for the club, but surely you have to realise you are just winding people up with these statements for which you have  No Jurisdiction.

HW

« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2017, 03:04:36 pm by HavenWarrior »

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #51 on: 14 Mar 2017, 02:53:53 pm

:tip: :tip: :tip: :tip: :tip:

HW

Offline High Tackle

• Academy Signing
Reply #52 on: 14 Mar 2017, 03:23:57 pm

the board are thinking of all ways of bringing money in to the club with this idea and a lot of others if we dont have a team there will be no forum.

Sorry pal , but if the club needs a couple of hundred quid more from supporters through using the forum to survive then we are in a very sad state.

Get people using the forum discussing the club / the results / new signings etc and they may head through the turnstiles or purchase some merchandise.

it should be part of a marketing strategy not an income stream.

Admire anyone trying to raise funds for the club ( or any club for that matter) just feel this isnt an avenue to be pursuing .

Have to agree to disagree

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #53 on: 14 Mar 2017, 03:28:06 pm
Sorry Shaun wasn't getting at you, just asking the question, but I feel that if  75% of individuals voted against introducing a pay system towards the forum that should be respected, if you have to pay for the forum you will loose a lot of members and a lot of interest that is generated by this forum for Whitehaven RLFC.

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #54 on: 14 Mar 2017, 04:32:05 pm
I'm not a Haven fan, obviously, but asking people to pay for this forum would be a huge mistake. It should be used as a marketing tool, not a moneymaker.  Turning it into a pay-site would cause the loss of a rather large number of posters...

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #55 on: 14 Mar 2017, 04:41:12 pm
 :tip: :bow:

Offline garfield

• Academy Signing
Reply #56 on: 14 Mar 2017, 04:44:00 pm
I'm not sure much could be offered on a forum that's worth any money? Its a place for information, twining or a bit of banter. I'm reluctant to pay to twine  ;D

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #57 on: 14 Mar 2017, 04:46:01 pm
As said by someone before if they charge to use this everyone would then use the haven part of totalrl free of charge

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #58 on: 14 Mar 2017, 05:24:50 pm
I am not going to pay for this forum, nor would i see things to buy ie raffle tickets etc so basically the club are losing more income, very poor decision to charge for an un official forum,
Up The Haven

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #59 on: 14 Mar 2017, 05:42:43 pm
I was involved in the first discussions about this idea and at first thoughts were that it was a good idea but the more I thought about it the more I thought you can't do this. I believe there is other ways of making money but this definitly isnt the way forward
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold