HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Joint reserves teams

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #15 on: 19 Mar 2017, 07:39:18 pm
So the £20/30 K is a guess and if divided by two equals £10/15 K' Any way the method at the moment produces nothing but chaos and the loss of many players.

My £20k guestimate was for eac team, so £40k total
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 20 Mar 2017, 10:16:45 am
What about using the £17.5k they would be paying Dion.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 20 Mar 2017, 12:25:10 pm
the club should be looking to the future and not a quick fix to get promotion, surly the club should be looking at the long term future of the club,  I also think Town are now slipping away from there original stance of slow re build for the future, if both clubs could commit to the joint reserve team I'm sure it would work, the rfl should also be blasted for the lack of support and commitment to Cumbria rugby league.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #18 on: 20 Mar 2017, 01:15:18 pm
And so should the "missing" fans. Where are the 100+  from a decade ago or the couple thousand who went Town games when in SL
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 20 Mar 2017, 01:31:46 pm
the club should be looking to the future and not a quick fix to get promotion, surly the club should be looking at the long term future of the club,  I also think Town are now slipping away from there original stance of slow re build for the future, if both clubs could commit to the joint reserve team I'm sure it would work, the rfl should also be blasted for the lack of support and commitment to Cumbria rugby league.

I honestly think it would be best for all concerned if the RFL forced a merger. There would be 2-300 on either side who would  :witch: but they'd be back on the terraces a season later.

Something new and exciting to give the game the huge boot up the backside it needs in West Cumbria.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 20 Mar 2017, 01:47:30 pm

I honestly think it would be best for all concerned if the RFL forced a merger. There would be 2-300 on either side who would  :witch: but they'd be back on the terraces a season later.

Something new and exciting to give the game the huge boot up the backside it needs in West Cumbria.

I work with some die hard town and haven fans and they are fed up and losing the faith with the sport as a whole in West Cumbria
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline nala

• Academy Signing
Reply #21 on: 20 Mar 2017, 02:01:27 pm
Has a supporter of Cumbria rugby league a merger as got to happen for the sake of both clubs, if not I can't see both clubs surviving much longer, Or being in a position to prosper .

The game is dying in this area and irrespective of who we support, something needs to be addressed to ensure future generations have a sport to watch.

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #22 on: 20 Mar 2017, 02:10:29 pm
The game is not dying when we have 3 copeland clubs in the national conference. It's the relationship between the clubs that's gone sour
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline nala

• Academy Signing
Reply #23 on: 20 Mar 2017, 02:28:20 pm
Is having 3  clubs playing conference rugby your only evidence that everything is ok with the game ?

A few examples of why we disagree, virtually no under 16s, no under 18 or 19 teams in Copeland or Allerdale.

The least number of youth teams at all levels that I can ever remember in my 35 years in the game.

Hensingham, brow and Egremont have all gave games away last season due to not enough numbers.

Where do you think the players are going to come from for the first team never mind an A team.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 20 Mar 2017, 02:34:13 pm
AllezHaven, yes we have 3 teams in the NCL but teams in the CARLA and CML leagues are struggling, we have just lost Maryport and Roose from the CML, the other clubs are struggling to put a A team together so that is a big problem, at youth level we don't have as many teams that we have had in the past, the area requires support from the rfl and they should also realise that we are as much a development area now as both the south and Wales.

The relationship between the semi pro clubs has always been a problem for different reasons, but Haven did start to build bridges with the local amateur clubs, sadly recent events with the local players signing for the club have been tested to the full, this is down to a combination of things, main reason they say is the introduction of DR players.

Both amateur and semi pro RL requires a boost now before things go to far,

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 20 Mar 2017, 03:25:50 pm
The game is not dying when we have 3 copeland clubs in the national conference. It's the relationship between the clubs that's gone sour

Maryport Clifton and roose all folded in the last few weeks.  There is 7 teams in the Cumbria mens league!
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #26 on: 20 Mar 2017, 03:59:06 pm
I bow to your superior and local knowledge. I must admit that quite a few clubs have folded down here and reduced the number of lower age teams. I still think a new initiative is required to stop the rot. A lot of the posts are supportive of the idea. It's the means that is in question. Perhaps as usual the thoughts came from the wrong guy i.e. a foreigner.
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #27 on: 20 Mar 2017, 07:43:36 pm

The youth game is buggered as well. There's only 4/5 teams that have youth set ups now and it finishes at U16 level.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 20 Mar 2017, 07:45:29 pm
Has a supporter of Cumbria rugby league a merger as got to happen for the sake of both clubs, if not I can't see both clubs surviving much longer, Or being in a position to prosper .

The game is dying in this area and irrespective of who we support, something needs to be addressed to ensure future generations have a sport to watch.
5 u12s teams 8 u14s 9 u16s

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #29 on: 20 Mar 2017, 08:09:09 pm
Plus mini mod teams doing very well, Kells, Wath Brow, Hensingham, Egremont, Lowca, Maryport, Glasson, Elbra, Seaton, Aspatria, Cockermouth, Clifton and Distington this season,