HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

NCL Local Results

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #45 on: 15 Oct 2017, 12:48:31 pm
Siddal beat Thatto 30-22 after being 22-6 down at half time.
What happened up at the Brow, Was the pitch that bad? Any idea when it will be played?

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #46 on: 15 Oct 2017, 01:33:35 pm
What happened up at the Brow, Was the pitch that bad? Any idea when it will be played?

Pitch inspection early Saturday said it was unlayable but Mayfield being Mayfield and knowing better insisted they waited until appointed ref turned up who also said it was unplayable cue dummy throwing by Mayfield. The pictures I've seen shows a very heavy & waterlogged pitch

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #47 on: 15 Oct 2017, 02:43:41 pm

Pitch inspection early Saturday said it was unlayable but Mayfield being Mayfield and knowing better insisted they waited until appointed ref turned up who also said it was unplayable cue dummy throwing by Mayfield. The pictures I've seen shows a very heavy & waterlogged pitch
Heard there was an option to play at Kells?

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #48 on: 15 Oct 2017, 03:01:00 pm

Why would Wath Brow want to play a home play off game away st Kells

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #49 on: 15 Oct 2017, 05:01:08 pm

Why would Wath Brow want to play a home play off game away st Kells
I agree that is the last thing they would want to do, but did the league not try and force it on them? Would have saved Rochdale a wasted journey,
Any idea when it will be played?

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #50 on: 15 Oct 2017, 06:27:28 pm
Tuesday or Wednesday apparently,after playing a full season and earning home games in the play offs,playing at Kells was rightly rejected and if Mayfield had taken the advice about possible pitch problems and not travelled the night before the could have saved themselves a wasted journey.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #51 on: 15 Oct 2017, 06:51:37 pm

Mayfield are doing some complaining on Twitter, not happy at all.

HW

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #52 on: 15 Oct 2017, 07:42:14 pm

Mayfield are doing some complaining on Twitter, not happy at all.

HW

It's quite amusing. The dummy really has been chucked out

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #53 on: 16 Oct 2017, 11:31:29 am
Wath Brow game tomorrow night 8pm,

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #54 on: 17 Oct 2017, 11:11:10 pm
Wath Brow have beaten Rochdale Mayfield 24-18 in a hard fought play off game in front of a large crowd and now travel to St Helens on Saturday to face Thatto Heath to decide who goes to the Grand Final to face Siddal.
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2017, 11:13:27 pm by davo5 »