HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

What the hell is happening to our game ? Quote from LittleRich.

Guest · 1 · 418

WHITEHAVENHERO

What the hell is happening to our game ?

What was an impressively simple game has now turned into something resembling a rather dull strategy board game. It seems that off the field gamesmanship is now the norm and instead of a coach and 13 players we now have to contend with acountants and lawyers.

I am referrring of course to stadium criteria, playing rosta rules, spending budgets and constantly changing RFL guidelines.

"You can't play in this league because you don't have enough toilets".
"You can't sign him because you've only got 4 homegrown players"
"We'll cheat the salary cap this year to avoid relegation - we can handle a 4 point penalty next year"
"We'll scrap P&R because we still can't beat the Aussies".

This isn't what I signed up for when I threw my heart and soul into this great game. I just want to watch a game of RL, not a game of Risk. The off the field interference into the psyche of the average RL fan is beginning to p*ss me off. Two years ago, the game made great profits and we were constantly being told that our game was the best it's ever been. Why don't they leave it alone then ? The more rules and regulations you make, the more "antidotes" little germs like Uncle Mo will prescribe to circumvent them. The posh name is gamesmanship - I call it cheating.

Message to the RFL: Deregulate the game before you turn it into a dull game of Empire.