HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Halifax Challenge Cup

Amanda · 44 · 4617

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 08 Apr 2017, 07:49:51 am
Got to be free kids everyhome game av got 3 lads including me expensive day coming to haven games now

You can't justify it these days. If the club are going to persist with 16 quid they need to let U11's in for free.

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 08 Apr 2017, 08:05:22 am
Got to be free kids everyhome game av got 3 lads including me expensive day coming to haven games now

You can't justify it these days. If the club are going to persist with 16 quid they need to let U11's in for free.

What is folks' insistence with getting stuff for free?  There is a charge for your kids, you wanna take your kids, you pay for them.  The Club is a business, not a bloody charity!

You can't go to Tesco and insist that because you are feeding your kids, you're only paying for the adult portions of your shopping. Ridiculous!

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #17 on: 08 Apr 2017, 08:10:22 am

What is folks' insistence with getting stuff for free?  There is a charge for your kids, you wanna take your kids, you pay for them.  The Club is a business, not a bloody charity!

You can't go to Tesco and insist that because you are feeding your kids, you're only paying for the adult portions of your shopping. Ridiculous!
talk about prices for kids I once took my 2 daughters to watch haven play at Oldham about 10 years ago in the football stadium the prices then where 18 each for everybody no discounts for kids oap,s as they only had one stand open now that was a rip  off

Offline realist_2010

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 08 Apr 2017, 10:06:30 am

Shopping is a necessity. Haven is an option.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 08 Apr 2017, 01:47:20 pm
I take my lad to 90% of reds games. Costs £1
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 08 Apr 2017, 04:49:55 pm

a business whats on its arse crying out for money

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 09 Apr 2017, 06:21:18 pm
Carlisle Utd have free entry for kids under 7. If you get kids into the habit of going a parent will take them. They're also the paying fans of the future.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 09 Apr 2017, 08:21:37 pm

The club is a business that can't attract suppprters or generate revenue from other means other than the gate. As a rule kids need fed and watered, let them in for free and recoup the cost that way. If Kids are free going to the game suddenly becomes more attractive to their parents thus increasing attendance and gate money.

Kids are also supporters of the future.

It makes business sense to let them in for free!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 09 Apr 2017, 08:29:03 pm

The club is a business that can't attract suppprters or generate revenue from other means other than the gate. As a rule kids need fed and watered, let them in for free and recoup the cost that way. If Kids are free going to the game suddenly becomes more attractive to their parents thus increasing attendance and gate money.

Kids are also supporters of the future.

It makes business sense to let them in for free!

Totally agree. Sadly the powers that be will not see it that way :(

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 10 Apr 2017, 01:13:53 am
Everything at the club is always hand to mouth. Never a strategy or vision. Always getting the water out the boat..

The club needs some leadership.

I know they all work hard but we need more.

Offline lifer

• Academy Signing
Reply #25 on: 10 Apr 2017, 10:32:05 am
At Barrow, any child that is signed on for a local amateur club can get in for free by showing their rfl registration cards.

Offline garfield

• Academy Signing
Reply #26 on: 10 Apr 2017, 10:32:31 am
you could always chip in and join the board 1873?

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 10 Apr 2017, 07:02:25 pm
I'm on the board of two voluntary sports organizations already. I couldn't commit the time to do it justice.

Oh and btw not being able to step up should never be a reason why a fan can't speak up.

Offline realist_2010

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 10 Apr 2017, 09:08:04 pm
you could always chip in and join the board 1873?

With respect to the Board Garfield, it already comprises 10 Directors which to me seems more than sufficient in number for a business of this size. Do you have a figure that may be more appropriate ?

Offline garfield

• Academy Signing
Reply #29 on: 11 Apr 2017, 03:01:00 pm
''The club needs some leadership.

I know they all work hard but we need more.''

I was replying to 1873's comment. I'm a big believer in mucking in if you think somethings wrong. It saves people wearing their fingers out on their keyboard as well