HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

WHAT A HELL OFF A BLOODY COME BACK,,,,UNBELEAVABLE

Guest · 61 · 5637

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #45 on: 25 Jun 2007, 01:19:35 pm
i been told that at half time he "did his usual and said nothing" so it must have been the players who suddenly decided there were making an embarrassment of themselves!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #46 on: 25 Jun 2007, 02:16:40 pm

So DR was responsible for the first half performance but the players were responsible for the second?  ???

'Players win matches, Coaches lose them'.

well said marra why is it when the team plays well its the players who have done well but when we play bad its DR's fault
haven till i die

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #47 on: 25 Jun 2007, 04:12:12 pm
DR didnt win us the game today it was a massive team effort in 2nd half but duffy turned the game on its head was outstanding for me!

So DR was responsible for the first half performance but the players were responsible for the second?  ???

'Players win matches, Coaches lose them'.
no the team were responsible for the first half! like i said a massive 2nd half effort won the game for us, no more such than the effort duffy put in!

Offline REDBECKROAD

• Academy Signing
Reply #48 on: 26 Jun 2007, 10:29:48 pm
If this game proved anything to me it was the fact that, given a reasonable amount of possession, we are a far better team than Halifax. In the first half our completion rate was terrible and the discipline was virtually non-existant. Some of the penalties we gave in the 1st half totally unnecessary and no team can afford give possession away so cheaply or defend for such extended periods of time without finally cracking.

The second half, we always needed the first score and once we got that Halifax never got a look in, as I said with ball in hand we were a far superior team and I believe given the same amount of possession against Widnes the outcome can be the same. Remember Halifax showed 2 weeks ago that, given the right attitude, Widnes can be beaten. If we can repeat that "40" minute performance over a 80 minute period we can take anyone outside of Super League!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #49 on: 26 Jun 2007, 11:20:27 pm
I  think  we  were  at  our  most  danderous  when  we  threw  the  all  out  a  bit.  1st  half  it  was  1  man  stuff  and  we  werent  making  any  yards  hardly.  Once  we  started  to  pass  the  ball  a  bit  and  players  ran  at  pace  we  caused  Fax  all  sorts  of  problems.  Lets  hope  we  can  do  the  same  this  Sunday  and  not  fall  back  into  our  1st  half  syndrome.

Offline leytherjay

• Academy Star
Reply #50 on: 27 Jun 2007, 09:16:34 pm
allways thought you could do it, well done.  Had sky sports update site on and was checking it every 2mins, looked like a superb comeback.

popularsider

Reply #51 on: 27 Jun 2007, 09:19:17 pm
highlights on another thread mate

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #52 on: 27 Jun 2007, 09:28:17 pm
If this game proved anything to me it was the fact that, given a reasonable amount of possession, we are a far better team than Halifax. In the first half our completion rate was terrible and the discipline was virtually non-existant. Some of the penalties we gave in the 1st half totally unnecessary and no team can afford give possession away so cheaply or defend for such extended periods of time without finally cracking.

The second half, we always needed the first score and once we got that Halifax never got a look in, as I said with ball in hand we were a far superior team and I believe given the same amount of possession against Widnes the outcome can be the same. Remember Halifax showed 2 weeks ago that, given the right attitude, Widnes can be beaten. If we can repeat that "40" minute performance over a 80 minute period we can take anyone outside of Super League!

2 letters, biggest word in the world  IF
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #53 on: 27 Jun 2007, 10:38:33 pm
i been told that at half time he "did his usual and said nothing" so it must have been the players who suddenly decided there were making an embarrassment of themselves!

wat do u mean did his usual and said nothing??

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #54 on: 28 Jun 2007, 08:13:39 am
just what it says!
a player was asked what he had said to them at half time and his reply was "what he usually does, nowt!"

i'm guessing that players aren't therefore inspired by anything that he does mutter,

i know, as a fan, he doesnt inspire me or instil any confidence in me, but hey thats just my opinion, others may take great confidence from him
the reverand, big mac

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #55 on: 28 Jun 2007, 01:16:32 pm
he must have said something for them to come out and play like that
haven till i die

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #56 on: 29 Jun 2007, 12:33:10 pm
he did, but my reply got deleted! Do not know why?? haha

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #57 on: 29 Jun 2007, 04:06:11 pm
In his interview after the match on Radio Cumbria, Rotherham said, "All I said to the team was, you've got yourselves into this mess now get yourselves out of it".
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #58 on: 29 Jun 2007, 05:37:44 pm
In his interview after the match on Radio Cumbria, Rotherham said, "All I said to the team was, you've got yourselves into this mess now get yourselves out of it".

wow what a gameplan

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #59 on: 29 Jun 2007, 05:51:19 pm

wow what a gameplan

DID IT WORK???????????? ;D
THE MULLET IS BACK