• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 20 Jun 2007, 08:13:59 am
We will know where we are at after the game on this Sunday. :-\

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #31 on: 20 Jun 2007, 09:42:13 am
We will know where we are at after the game on this Sunday. :-\

Hopefully on our way to buy tickets for Blackers
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #32 on: 20 Jun 2007, 11:18:26 am
widnes lost to fax and to leigh in the NRC they arent calling for the coach to be sacked yes we should have definatly beat donny and maybe leigh but we are still only 3 points behind widnes who are top if we win all of our matches we will finish top of the league and fax have shown widnes can be beaten and so can cas

Yes true they can be beaten, but like everyone keeps spouting, we have just had a hiccup in form, Well so to have Widnes and Cas, Yeah if we play well we may beat them at home! Note the MAY, But do you truly believe we will turn them over at Widnes, We have to win all our games now. and it just wont happen. We have a big game coming up with Fax, we allready have injuries, and trust me we will come out of the Fax game with even more injuries. Then What? Game over.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #33 on: 20 Jun 2007, 12:42:29 pm
why will it not happen? if we play as good as we can we can beat anybody in this league we have the talent in the team
haven till i die

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #34 on: 20 Jun 2007, 01:03:21 pm
Shall we just wait until after the Fax game to carry on with this debate. Lets see how many of them are fit to play the next game before we see if we will finish second place at the very best. Myself I think we will finish 3rd or 4th, but eh thats just my opinion.
Tell you one thing for sure though. This is going to be one bruiser of a game. "For both sides" This game to me will be the make or break Haven and Fax game of the season!
  ???

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #35 on: 20 Jun 2007, 03:02:44 pm
This is going to be one bruiser of a game. "For both sides"   ???

have to agree there
haven till i die

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 25 Jun 2007, 02:21:53 pm
Dave Rotheram has got me worried. In his post match interview on radio Cumbria he was asked what he had said to the players at half time to achieve such a contrasting second half. When defending we were getting out muscled in the middle, which was sucking in players from the fringes. This was creating space out wide and our sliding defence was found wanting. On at least 2 occassions Fax had an overlap of 3. We were playing one man rugby, we weren't supporting the player with ball and generally playing badly like we have for the best part of the season. When you would expect Dave Rotheram to be reading them the riot act his words of wisdom were " you got yourselves into this situation, you get yourselves out of it" I'm sure the coaching manual will be re-written to include this tactical masterpiece of motivation.

Earlier in the season when our forward dominated game was criticised as not being entertaining, DR replied by saying that we adapt to the ground conditions, he said when the pitches dry out you will see a more entertaining, fast flowing expansive style of rugby. It won't get much drier so when are we likely to see this faster rugby.

The situation at Whitehaven is crying out for quality coaching input. If we turn up at Blackpool and play like we have been we will be sent home with our tail between our legs. The result at Blackpool will prove one of two things :either DR is a brilliant tactician who was saving the best for last or that as a coach he has failed .

One final note. Craig Calverts only quality is that he is lightening when given a gap. His centres should be coached in parting with the ball sooner as too often the pass (if it is given) comes too late when the gap has closed. The tactic of using Calvert to take the ball forward on 1st and 2nd tackle is frightening to watch. I cringe everytime it happens he is so timid.

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #37 on: 25 Jun 2007, 02:40:29 pm
Here Here marra, I also cringe. We should be kicking the ball through for him for to use that blistering pace. He was trying to take the ball in like a forward yesterday. It was like watching a mini hitting a tank. He will end up badly hurt one day?

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #38 on: 25 Jun 2007, 03:02:25 pm
Dave Rotheram has got me worried. In his post match interview on radio Cumbria he was asked what he had said to the players at half time to achieve such a contrasting second half. When defending we were getting out muscled in the middle, which was sucking in players from the fringes. This was creating space out wide and our sliding defence was found wanting. On at least 2 occassions Fax had an overlap of 3. We were playing one man rugby, we weren't supporting the player with ball and generally playing badly like we have for the best part of the season. When you would expect Dave Rotheram to be reading them the riot act his words of wisdom were " you got yourselves into this situation, you get yourselves out of it" I'm sure the coaching manual will be re-written to include this tactical masterpiece of motivation.

Earlier in the season when our forward dominated game was criticised as not being entertaining, DR replied by saying that we adapt to the ground conditions, he said when the pitches dry out you will see a more entertaining, fast flowing expansive style of rugby. It won't get much drier so when are we likely to see this faster rugby.

The situation at Whitehaven is crying out for quality coaching input. If we turn up at Blackpool and play like we have been we will be sent home with our tail between our legs. The result at Blackpool will prove one of two things :either DR is a brilliant tactician who was saving the best for last or that as a coach he has failed .

One final note. Craig Calverts only quality is that he is lightening when given a gap. His centres should be coached in parting with the ball sooner as too often the pass (if it is given) comes too late when the gap has closed. The tactic of using Calvert to take the ball forward on 1st and 2nd tackle is frightening to watch. I cringe everytime it happens he is so timid.

im pretty sure he will have said more than that that is just the overall message he gave hes players but whatever he did say it worked didnt it and i hope people dont come on here now and say "it was the players who won it in the second half" because if it is DR's game plan that is at fault in the first half then it is DR's gameplan that worked so well in the 2nd you cant have it both ways
haven till i die