HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

a coach that changed the game

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 24 Jun 2007, 07:51:06 pm
first of all i will say i was one of those at half time baying for DR's head

but in the cold light of of day a couple of things stick out

first half

jacko over seeds wrong choice rob was awfull and let in 2 trys poor CC tried his best to cover

brought sice on and was an inspiration...i have called him in the past but this is the sort of time he needs to be brought on ...

then at 24-19 he took sice off

loads around me questioned this..me included

but he did the right thing

smith came on (who was poor in the first half) and we calmed down played out our sets and forced mistakes instead of pushing passes and taking chances(like the first half0

is he the coach for us, god only knows

but fats words spoke volumes in the club after the game

he said...and to all those who think there is trouble in the camp then   your so wrong

i have come to realise you only ever hear of trouble from those who are not playing...take from that what you want
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2007, 08:03:56 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2007, 07:59:52 pm
i know seeds was not happy and had an argument with rotherham over being left out. rob jackson second half was brilliant like all of them were.

first half

rob jackson
carl rudd
derrie eilbeck

might aswell have stayed at home but all came good in the 2nd half bring on BLACKPOOL

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 24 Jun 2007, 08:48:52 pm
great game for DR showed his quality during games. still question his selection. i heard seeds wasnt happy at all n lester either although also heard lester was injured so i dont know which is right. rob jackson is great player but he not david seeds n derrie once again performed in a way that means he can not be dropped good on him

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 25 Jun 2007, 01:36:33 pm
I think you will find Derrie done nothing wrong in the 1st half the whole team were poor. So popularsider does this mean you will be going to blackpool to watch haven "Embarras" themselves as you said they would.
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2007, 01:40:10 pm by Ryan »

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #4 on: 25 Jun 2007, 01:53:02 pm

first half

jacko over seeds wrong choice rob was awfull and let in 2 trys poor CC tried his best to cover

brought sice on and was an inspiration...i have called him in the past but this is the sort of time he needs to be brought on ...

Well to tell you the gods honnest truth I do not know what to make of this guy DR!  I hear that he said at half time I don't know what we are doing wrong, you got your self in this situation, It's up to you to get your self out of it, true or not I don't know. But they did get them selves out of trouble and then some. Anyway back to DR, is he the man for Haven or not? The thing with the guy he does not seem to answer any of our questions about himself and his game plans, is this arrogance or does he not read these threads, or dose he just not care what we think or get to know. To me it seems its my way, or your name goes in the book and gets a red strike against it. As for Fats saying that well thats another story, he is not going to come out in front of everyone and slate DR off and saying yes we are not happy boys. Is HE?  ???

smith came on (who was poor in the first half) and we calmed down played out our sets and forced mistakes instead of pushing passes and taking chances(like the first half0

he said...and to all those who think there is trouble in the camp then   your so wrong

i have come to realise you only ever hear of trouble from those who are not playing...take from that what you want

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 25 Jun 2007, 02:36:12 pm

first half

Well to tell you the gods honnest truth I do not know what to make of this guy DR!  I hear that he said at half time I don't know what we are doing wrong, you got your self in this situation, It's up to you to get your self out of it, true or not I don't know. But they did get them selves out of trouble and then some. Anyway back to DR, is he the man for Haven or not? The thing with the guy he does not seem to answer any of our questions about himself and his game plans, is this arrogance or does he not read these threads, or dose he just not care what we think or get to know. To me it seems its my way, or your name goes in the book and gets a red strike against it. As for Fats saying that well thats another story, he is not going to come out in front of everyone and slate DR off and saying yes we are not happy boys. Is HE?  ???

i agree fats is not going to come in front of everyone and slate dr

but listen to this

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w161/havenchris/?action=view&current=video-0010.flv

he could have just not even mentioned it...but he did which shows that the players are aware of the crack and put the record staright...the bit you cant hear cause of the crowd he says the lads are 100% behind the coach

thanks to chris drake for the video and the link
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2007, 02:38:44 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #6 on: 25 Jun 2007, 02:52:23 pm
Well it's been said now and I believe he means it, maybe its just to stop the likes of me winging about certain things, maybe its just to get us back behind the boys. But either way I am back on board as a believer for now.

Just one more thing that I will post in a new thread, We were after a long time absence back to being vocal and getting behind the boys, and as Fats says they appreciate it. So lets make our selves horse at Blackpool and sing from beginning to end.

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 25 Jun 2007, 02:56:12 pm
Well it's been said now and I believe he means it, maybe its just to stop the likes of me winging about certain things, maybe its just to get us back behind the boys. But either way I am back on board as a believer for now.

Just one more thing that I will post in a new thread, We were after a long time absence back to being vocal and getting behind the boys, and as Fats says they appreciate it. So lets make our selves horse at Blackpool and sing from beginning to end.

i agree even the grandstand were singing :o :o :o
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 25 Jun 2007, 04:23:36 pm
We also need to get down to the Cas match to cheers the lads on not just cup games.