HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Washington Intl

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 24 Jun 2007, 02:15:51 pm
Heard  they  were  going  to  plough  some  money  into  the  club  towards  the  stand  development.  A  rumour  was  going  around  it  would  be  60K  but  on  the  radio  it  said  they  would  match  any  money  raised  from  fans.

Its  a  generous  offer  but  when  you  consider  there  a  multi  billion  pound   company  surely  they  could  go  the  whole  hog  and  give  the  club  say  ?2m  to build  a  stand  and  get  in  the  right  players  for  SL.  After  all  it  would  only  be  an  hour  or  two's  profits  for  them.  :o

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2007, 09:44:23 pm
Heard  they  were  going  to  plough  some  money  into  the  club  towards  the  stand  development.  A  rumour  was  going  around  it  would  be  60K  but  on  the  radio  it  said  they  would  match  any  money  raised  from  fans.

Its  a  generous  offer  but  when  you  consider  there  a  multi  billion  pound   company  surely  they  could  go  the  whole  hog  and  give  the  club  say  ?2m  to build  a  stand  and  get  in  the  right  players  for  SL.  After  all  it  would  only  be  an  hour  or  two's  profits  for  them.  :o

would you give ?2 million to a club that have promised but ever delivered ????? i love the club and i wouldn't......

Offline fairweather

• Academy Signing
Reply #2 on: 24 Jun 2007, 10:10:17 pm

Its  a  generous  offer  but  when  you  consider  there  a  multi  billion  pound   company  surely  they  could  go  the  whole  hog  and  give  the  club  say  ?2m  to build  a  stand  and  get  in  the  right  players  for  SL.  After  all  it  would  only  be  an  hour  or  two's  profits  for  them.  Shocked

Sounds pretty ungrateful to me.

Washington are wondering why they should put any money in when only 2,246 fans can turn up for a semi-final.

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 24 Jun 2007, 10:14:45 pm
there was more than 2246 there today thats why everyone laughed when the crowd was given out.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 24 Jun 2007, 10:16:40 pm
i thought there was well over 3,000 there

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 24 Jun 2007, 10:23:47 pm
i thought there was well over 3,000 there

Me  too.  Its  always  the  case  in  cup  games  when  the  gate  money  is  halved.  I  would  have  said  2800.

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 25 Jun 2007, 01:07:05 pm
if the capacity is 7000 and there was only 2200 in yesterday where the bloody hell would the other 4800 stand? it would be a bit of a crush if you ask me
NO PAIN NO GAIN