Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #15 on: 19 Jun 2017, 08:41:25 pm
Need dates of fixture first though

Offline roxy274

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 27 Jun 2017, 08:35:06 pm
A bloke at work who supports barrow claims they wont go to Toronto in the eights and cite "unable"l to field a team due to players work commitments and Visa issues ? what could the RFL do about that with this being a semi pro league?

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #17 on: 27 Jun 2017, 08:53:56 pm
A bloke at work who supports barrow claims they wont go to Toronto in the eights and cite "unable"l to field a team due to players work commitments and Visa issues ? what could the RFL do about that with this being a semi pro league?
fine them and probably dock them 2 points

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #18 on: 27 Jun 2017, 09:05:43 pm
I have sympathy for anyone deciding not to travel. Just suppose haven finish second, spend 3 to 4 days travelling / playing to what end.........certain defeat, probably a hammering, pick up injuries and fatigue.................and then have to turn it all around and face say Doncaster......who are well rested and up for it knowing the state of the travelling team.

If it was 150 miles down the M6 to play a team typical of the standard in the division then fine.....but the Canadians are a very good Championship side lerking in our division.

Again the RFL make a mockery of normality IMO.

Best to finish 3rd I would suggest perhaps. May be some strange results coming as haven and Barrow try to avoid travelling.

By the way....haven could be 'off to Canada' twice within two or three weeks due to the 8's fixturing. That's not good is it ?
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2017, 09:14:14 pm by cbandg01 »

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 27 Jun 2017, 09:15:16 pm
2nd and 3rd both go to toronto and 2nd place would play at home in a play off final so seconds a no brainer to me

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 27 Jun 2017, 09:47:15 pm

There should be no visa issues,surely Barrow have learned from their mistakes last time,I can see the RFL coming down hard if a team refuse to travel.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 27 Jun 2017, 10:04:33 pm

There should be no visa issues,surely Barrow have learned from their mistakes last time,I can see the RFL coming down hard if a team refuse to travel.

How the RFL can expect Part Time players to travel to Toronto is beyond belief. You are talking a minimum 4 day trip for lads who work, is totally unacceptable.

What if all 4 teams who are supposed to travel got together and refused to travel. It's ok for Toronto, their failed full time ex Super League players have nothing else to do.

HW