HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Toronto Away

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
on: 04 Jul 2017, 08:11:42 pm
Looks like this is on the cards. Would JJP and Dion be able to travel ??
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 05 Jul 2017, 05:09:02 pm

We'll struggle to field at team at the rate we're going.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2017, 08:27:25 pm
Listening to Cumbria radio after the game the presenter suggested many sides could boycott a trip to Canada if players were refused entry. Crarey apparently hinted this if Barrow were faced in a similar situation. Surely most sides have players with petty convictions that would mean a visit to the Canadian Embassy.

If true could the RFL not agree something with the Canadian authorities where all teams could send there strongest sides with dispensation given to players who fall short of criteria. After all Ryan Bailey got in

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2017, 08:32:38 pm
How come some of the Toronto players have criminal convictions and managed to get Visa,s to reside /play in Canada, money talks$$$

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2017, 08:53:52 pm
its not that they can't get in, it just takes longer for the process to get the visa.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2017, 09:00:27 pm
were gonna have 5-8 weeks to get the visas sorted find out on wednesday the exact date so nowt to worry about yet.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 2017, 09:03:26 pm
were gonna have 5-8 weeks to get the visas sorted find out on wednesday the exact date so nowt to worry about yet.

I would be more worried about the lads getting time off. You talking 4 days minimum for all the lads that work.

HW

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 17 Jul 2017, 09:05:39 pm

I would be more worried about the lads getting time off. You talking 4 days minimum for all the lads that work.

HW
100% correct some might have no problem getting off where others will struggle and not all firms are flexible

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 17 Jul 2017, 09:28:26 pm

Spacey if it takes 5-8 weeks to get visas sorted and where set to play them in say 4 weeks surely there would be a problem. As you say though lets wait for the fixture list

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 17 Jul 2017, 09:30:38 pm

Spacey if it takes 5-8 weeks to get visas sorted and where set to play them in say 4 weeks surely there would be a problem. As you say though lets wait for the fixture list
no what i meant was its 5-8 weeks before we play them no game for 2 weeks then they,re playing 3 away games first.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #10 on: 17 Jul 2017, 09:59:31 pm

no what i meant was its 5-8 weeks before we play them no game for 2 weeks then they,re playing 3 away games first.
  I can't see them paying three away games on the trot, I'm sure there will a least one home in the first three games, to be fair I think it should be H,A,H,A,H,A,H

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 17 Jul 2017, 10:01:35 pm
That was sorted weeks ago 3 away games then 4 at home guves away teams time to get sorted

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #12 on: 17 Jul 2017, 10:02:49 pm
I think the rfl only pay for about 23 staff and the rest have to pay there own so maybe room on the club trip.
born and bred haven.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #13 on: 17 Jul 2017, 10:06:17 pm
It would be interested to know if NBA and MLB players need a Visa when they come to play in Toronto, these players come from Europe, The Caribbean, South America, Mexico, Japan and Australia.

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 17 Jul 2017, 10:38:58 pm
Visas are a bit grey.
Some countries have an elite sports visa. Canada might class USA NBA players as elite. They might class championship 1 rugby league players as not so elite. Also don't Canada and USA have a travel agreement like UK and Ireland? Might be wrong on that.

One thing to note is surely the club got the process started months ago... We've known for a while there's a pretty good chance we would have to go to Toronto.