HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Karl Olstrum fiasco

Mk1 · 76 · 5334

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
on: 09 Jul 2017, 06:56:07 pm
Think it's time club clarified the situation with Karl, he's obviously out of favour but would undoubtedly have made a difference today so club whats the word ? Please don't come out with the old chestnut " that the club in  not allowed to say anything ."

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 09 Jul 2017, 07:36:06 pm

Hes obviously done something pretty bad. More ymthan not turning up by the sounds of it.

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 09 Jul 2017, 07:55:26 pm
I know the lad and he has done nothing other than question the coaches tactics in training

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 09 Jul 2017, 08:10:43 pm
I know the lad and he has done nothing other than question the coaches tactics in training
Nothing wrong with that, if you don't agree with someone's actions / game plan then it's only reasonable to ask for clarification. If someone's spat the dummy because of the questions then unfortunately this is a reflection on the individual  and is obviously a detriment to the team and how it performs. I'm sure Karl would have made a difference today - even maybe a match winner, but the result is what it is. I hope the individuals in question can sort out their differences to the betterment of the club.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #4 on: 09 Jul 2017, 10:43:32 pm
Please remember KO has 'form' and lots of it.

he' s a good player, but let's not start questioning out coach for the sake of justifying what's probably KO's attitude or problem..

The guys only class if he's training, fit, and on the field commited to the cause.

If he;s not all of those he's not worth a place in the team,   

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2017, 08:30:38 am
Think it's time club clarified the situation with Karl, he's obviously out of favour but would undoubtedly have made a difference today so club whats the word ? Please don't come out with the old chestnut " that the club in  not allowed to say anything ."

Why do the club need to clarify anything? He isn't being picked, just like others haven't and aren't.  I am personally more concerned why we insist on picking a winger on the bench instead of a forward.  Especially when 2 big props are out injured.

Online Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2017, 09:55:51 am
Heard of 3 different people that Town have asked to swap Karl Olstrum with Callum Phillips as his not in his plans, think Mr Clarke been smoking summat lol :D :D

Offline Booga20

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 10 Jul 2017, 10:51:01 am
Brow lad - that was the crack going arou nd yesterday

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 10 Jul 2017, 11:05:20 am
As much as i rate Karl if he's not getting used by us then its a no brainer to do a straight swap for callum phillips who i believe wants out of town .

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 10 Jul 2017, 11:26:02 am
Apparently both coach's spoke about this and agreed but not sure if it was Town or Haven board said no, also not sure if K Os was aware of this when both coach's initially spoke to each other about it,

Online Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 10 Jul 2017, 12:37:14 pm
Can't believe town want rid ov Philips he's class

Offline woodhousewarrior

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 10 Jul 2017, 12:51:36 pm
Wants more game time and not getting it with howarth and now new fella prior in the stakes at hooker after suspension that is

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 10 Jul 2017, 02:45:25 pm
Bu why would Town want him?  I thought he ended up @ haven because he became a liability at town for same said attitude problems?

Offline Red Devil

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 10 Jul 2017, 03:41:06 pm
Town don't want  olstrum back thay want fox instead but haven won't release,

Offline Pinnochio

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 10 Jul 2017, 03:57:53 pm
Callum is a class act . Love to see him in a Haven shirt