HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Team strengthening

Offline meesterC

• Academy Star
Reply #90 on: 24 Jul 2017, 10:35:42 am
Judging by the lack of transfer action must mean that we are sailing close to the salary cap or what was offered wasn't better than we already have.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #91 on: 24 Jul 2017, 10:41:41 am
Judging by the lack of transfer action must mean that we are sailing close to the salary cap or what was offered wasn't better than we already have.
there is no salary cap now

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #92 on: 24 Jul 2017, 06:47:26 pm
Can you sign free agents still or is it like a squad lock down now
Widnes just confirmed one of their u19s as signed for swinton for rest of season on loan dunno if it was done in friday or not

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #93 on: 24 Jul 2017, 08:58:11 pm
So are we DR with Leigh or not why can't we get a couple of forwards of them

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #94 on: 24 Jul 2017, 09:06:17 pm
So are we DR with Leigh or not why can't we get a couple of forwards of them
been looking in rfl website regarding that youve got to have played 3  games before the second game in the 8s ruling anybody else out but we could use dual reg this week if we wanted. What i find confusing is it says in the website joe brethetton as signed in DR fot town for the 8s yet played on loan for swinton on Sunday against bradford . The rules are mental

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #95 on: 25 Jul 2017, 01:49:41 pm
I have for years respected BKM’s opinions, and still do.....however with respect I do feel you’re loosing quite a bit of credibility with your present stance.
Let’s cut to the issue being paraded this season, local players sign up, but leave apparently disgruntled after a few weeks of the season. Including Fox.
Let’s also put one argument to bed right away......we have not utilised DR or loans to the detriment of local player or other good club men this year.

All clubs have regulars and fringe players, because a coach must always pick what he see’s as his best team,.........meaning a number of players turn out more often than others, because of ability form, team structure, results and commitment, (training, execution of team plan and effort when picked).

Apart from Fox, the players who have left could only class themselves initially as fringe players, as they were pretty much unproven at the start of the season. But like everyone else, they were being given an opportunity to show what they could do......over time......no one has been shipped out, the opportunity was still there, they chose to leave......BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT IN THE TEAM.
If they left, and then simply said they were doing so because they wanted more regular rugby (Tyrone ???) then we can all respect that, but in leaving while also claiming (or leading others to claim) they deserved a regular first team role is plainly wrong, because in doing that they are calling into question the club and coaches integrity, judgement and ability.

IMO the coaches integrity, judgement and ability can’t be questioned I’m afraid, as we have only lost one game throughout the season so far....players picked since the season began have always demonstrated their form, ability to slot into team structure, and shown commitment, (training, execution of team plan etc.),......... as that ongoing string of great results has shown.

Because of ‘leavers’, we have now been short of players on and off for a few weeks, and if any one of those who left of their own choice has stuck around, then they would have surely been given an opportunity to show their worth. That’s what rugby and squad structures are all about......the season throws up opportunities.

As has been often stated, Burns and Holliday are clear proof of the above, under like circumstances as the ‘leavers’, these two lads stuck around and are now pretty much accepted regulars and valuable proven squad players.

And Fox ? He was  pretty much an accepted regular and valuable proven squad player too. He WOULD have been in the 17 more often than not this season, and could even have been a regular starter. Why he left is to my mind incomprehensibly, unless of course he felt he had lost form, the ability to slot into team structure, or the commitment, (training, and execution of team plan). The only other possibility would be that he had lost respect for club and / or coach. In either case he was right to leave, because respect, form and commitment are essential, without those you probably cannot give of your best when the chips are down, and the club/ team are reliant on you.   

My advice BKM is to move on, let it go, return to the fold and support the team you have loved and accept that so many things have gone right this season, when so many of us expected they wouldn’t early on in the year.
We have a good coach, good team for this division, and may yet even secure promotion. We need your support and you need to get back supporting the club you love.

On a slight side issue, how many of those leavers have taken money out of the club this year, no matter how little, which now could have been used to secure the odd extra signing at this crucial part of the season. I don’t know for certain, but the comings and goings must have cost something...cash we can now ill afford to have lost.
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2017, 02:01:27 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #96 on: 25 Jul 2017, 03:22:37 pm
Well said lad
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #97 on: 25 Jul 2017, 03:27:30 pm
I have for years respected BKM’s opinions, and still do.....however with respect I do feel you’re loosing quite a bit of credibility with your present stance.
Let’s cut to the issue being paraded this season, local players sign up, but leave apparently disgruntled after a few weeks of the season. Including Fox.
Let’s also put one argument to bed right away......we have not utilised DR or loans to the detriment of local player or other good club men this year.

All clubs have regulars and fringe players, because a coach must always pick what he see’s as his best team,.........meaning a number of players turn out more often than others, because of ability form, team structure, results and commitment, (training, execution of team plan and effort when picked).

Apart from Fox, the players who have left could only class themselves initially as fringe players, as they were pretty much unproven at the start of the season. But like everyone else, they were being given an opportunity to show what they could do......over time......no one has been shipped out, the opportunity was still there, they chose to leave......BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT IN THE TEAM.
If they left, and then simply said they were doing so because they wanted more regular rugby (Tyrone ???) then we can all respect that, but in leaving while also claiming (or leading others to claim) they deserved a regular first team role is plainly wrong, because in doing that they are calling into question the club and coaches integrity, judgement and ability.

IMO the coaches integrity, judgement and ability can’t be questioned I’m afraid, as we have only lost one game throughout the season so far....players picked since the season began have always demonstrated their form, ability to slot into team structure, and shown commitment, (training, execution of team plan etc.),......... as that ongoing string of great results has shown.

Because of ‘leavers’, we have now been short of players on and off for a few weeks, and if any one of those who left of their own choice has stuck around, then they would have surely been given an opportunity to show their worth. That’s what rugby and squad structures are all about......the season throws up opportunities.

As has been often stated, Burns and Holliday are clear proof of the above, under like circumstances as the ‘leavers’, these two lads stuck around and are now pretty much accepted regulars and valuable proven squad players.

And Fox ? He was  pretty much an accepted regular and valuable proven squad player too. He WOULD have been in the 17 more often than not this season, and could even have been a regular starter. Why he left is to my mind incomprehensibly, unless of course he felt he had lost form, the ability to slot into team structure, or the commitment, (training, and execution of team plan). The only other possibility would be that he had lost respect for club and / or coach. In either case he was right to leave, because respect, form and commitment are essential, without those you probably cannot give of your best when the chips are down, and the club/ team are reliant on you.   

My advice BKM is to move on, let it go, return to the fold and support the team you have loved and accept that so many things have gone right this season, when so many of us expected they wouldn’t early on in the year.
We have a good coach, good team for this division, and may yet even secure promotion. We need your support and you need to get back supporting the club you love.

On a slight side issue, how many of those leavers have taken money out of the club this year, no matter how little, which now could have been used to secure the odd extra signing at this crucial part of the season. I don’t know for certain, but the comings and goings must have cost something...cash we can now ill afford to have lost.

Waits for the Foxy Fan Club to come and defend him.

HW

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #98 on: 25 Jul 2017, 03:41:08 pm
To be fair to foxy as far as i know he's still a haven player if him and olstrum could both get back into the squad in the play offs it would be like 2 new quality signings

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #99 on: 25 Jul 2017, 03:42:03 pm
i was talking with foxy at the weekend and told him hes been missed, he said he was taking a year out and busy with his house.
born and bred haven.