HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town

Brow Lad · 958 · 93198

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #570 on: 09 Dec 2018, 10:33:52 am
Workington have signed former Barrow centre Andy Litherland after a spell out of the game.

Litherland, 28, was persuaded to make the switch by Town’s veteran forward Oliver Wilkes.

He said: “Ollie was a big reason behind me coming up. He told me about the club, the staff and everything and it all sounded good.

“I’ve heard nothing but good things about Leon and the rest of the coaching staff, not just off Ollie but anyone I’ve spoken to, so I’m looking forward to getting going again.

“I’ve had a bit of time away from the game this year so I’m eager to get back into training, put in some good performances and hopefully challenge for promotion.

“I’ve also spoken to Leon about the club’s ambitions and it really sounds as if it’s going in the right direction.

“We’ve brought in some good lads to add to an already great squad which narrowly missed out last year so there is no reason why we can’t go the distance this year.“

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #571 on: 11 Dec 2018, 08:24:25 am
Danny Tickle announced this morning, good signing for them that. Getting on a bit but was still a SL regular for HKR this year.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #572 on: 11 Dec 2018, 03:26:36 pm
Danny Tickle announced this morning, good signing for them that. Getting on a bit but was still a SL regular for HKR this year.

An outstanding signing for League 1 rugby.

HW

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #573 on: 11 Dec 2018, 03:57:54 pm

HW

Jake Bradley for three years is something i would class as an outstanding signing.  Not a nearly 36 year old on a one year deal.  But each to their own.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #574 on: 11 Dec 2018, 04:03:59 pm
Must be costing a packet from super league and offers to stay in super league but drops to league 1  ???

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #575 on: 11 Dec 2018, 04:51:34 pm
Must be costing a packet from super league and offers to stay in super league but drops to league 1  ???

Should have plenty.  Never replaced tansay, foster, wheelbarrow, bailey and moi moi still not resigned.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #576 on: 11 Dec 2018, 05:11:07 pm

HW

Jake Bradley for three years is something i would class as an outstanding signing.  Not a nearly 36 year old on a one year deal.  But each to their own.
Bet it would have been if he'd signed for Haven  ::) ::)
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline woodhousewarrior

• Academy Star
Reply #577 on: 11 Dec 2018, 05:14:00 pm
 :D comparing Jake Bradley to Danny tickle. Christ. G0od signing that fella and 35 is nothing. Look at Kris coward and olly wilkes

Offline sam19

• Academy Star
Reply #578 on: 11 Dec 2018, 05:15:28 pm
Top signing for league 1 but would rather go with Havens new approach local and young. problem with older players is they dont shake the knocks as easy.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #579 on: 11 Dec 2018, 05:23:12 pm
Decent signing for Town

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #580 on: 11 Dec 2018, 05:28:34 pm

HW

::)::)

What a ridiculous statement! Are you for real?  Cor blimey, get a grip of yourself .  Use those lemons 🍋 to make lemonade and quit being so bitter.  They’ve recruited well, good luck to them.  But you cannot compare a young relatively unproven lad (as yet) to a quality signing like Danny Tickle.    Am  I jealous? Yes.  Am I bitter.  No.   

Words fail me

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #581 on: 11 Dec 2018, 05:37:21 pm
:D comparing Jake Bradley to Danny tickle. Christ. G0od signing that fella and 35 is nothing. Look at Kris coward and olly wilkes

Just an example.  Would class Tyler Mellor as an outstanding signing, and a few other townies as well.  but like the whole fanfare with Bailey, Foster , Tansey last year when 99% of haven fans told you what would happen.  It will happen again imo.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #582 on: 11 Dec 2018, 05:39:56 pm

HW

Bet it would have been if he'd signed for Haven  ::) ::)

Err, you all said that about Bailey and Moi Moi last season.  and look how that turned out.

Offline cumbriarl

• Academy Star
Reply #583 on: 11 Dec 2018, 06:40:47 pm
😴😴😴😴😴

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #584 on: 11 Dec 2018, 06:44:09 pm
Not knocking the lad and will do well with town but u have to ask why he’s ended up at town and not anywhere closer to home it’s either 💵💵💵 or No one else wants him