HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town

Brow Lad · 964 · 93545

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #660 on: 03 Mar 2019, 07:42:09 pm
This could be a really close league, Oldham, Town, Doncaster, Newcastle, Hunslet and Haven are all capable of beating each other on the day. Coventry, London and North Wales will also be a threat. I'll rule out West Wales and Keighley because of their unfair points deduction. I would be seething if Doncaster win on the basis of their over use of DR.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #661 on: 03 Mar 2019, 07:50:58 pm
This could be a really close league, Oldham, Town, Doncaster, Newcastle, Hunslet and Haven are all capable of beating each other on the day. Coventry, London and North Wales will also be a threat. I'll rule out West Wales and Keighley because of their unfair points deduction. I would be seething if Doncaster win on the basis of their over use of DR.

Using it no more than we did with saints and Widnes and town did with Wigan

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #662 on: 03 Mar 2019, 08:32:47 pm
Doncaster 20 super town 10

Jesus, you lot have short memories.  What about super Haven,?  Weren’t we brought to earth with a bump when Oldham stuffed us  last week?  Consider this “Those in glass houses=======

:shake:    :shake:

Stuffed us  :D :D ;D yes we lost stuffed no 3 trys disallowed let's see how we go v donny next league
born and bred haven.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #663 on: 03 Mar 2019, 08:44:51 pm

Jesus, you lot have short memories.  What about super Haven,?  Weren’t we brought to earth with a bump when Oldham stuffed us  last week?  Consider this “Those in glass houses=======

It is a good result for us, like Coventry beating Newcastle last week..  A normal fan would be happy with that. 

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #664 on: 03 Mar 2019, 10:24:34 pm

It is a good result for us, like Coventry beating Newcastle last week..  A normal fan would be happy with that.

Not to many of those about though marra 😃

Offline cumbriarl

• Academy Star
Reply #665 on: 03 Mar 2019, 10:50:09 pm
Was a tough game plenty of errors. No team has anything to fear, we can all beat each other. It’s gonna be a great season

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #666 on: 04 Mar 2019, 09:08:11 am

True.  If you won yesterday we weren't catching you imo.   Would have been even happier if Wales didn't impload because I think Oldham and town are our main rivals.  Not convinced about Newcastle,  although a new coach will help.   Donny completely relent on DR.  And history tells us that isn't normally a winner.  Hunslet haven't got the squad to challenge for top 5 imo.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #667 on: 04 Mar 2019, 10:29:04 am
Think we’re 2 quality players short

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #668 on: 04 Mar 2019, 11:29:34 am
Think we’re 2 quality players short

Not sure about that.  Think our problem is too many square pegs in round holes to get our best players in the 17.  Having Parker as a sub prop is a joke imo.  Need to get Kelly signed up and decide on who our centres, half backs and Hookers are and stick to that. 

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #669 on: 04 Mar 2019, 11:31:21 am

True.  If you won yesterday we weren't catching you imo.   Would have been even happier if Wales didn't impload because I think Oldham and town are our main rivals.  Not convinced about Newcastle,  although a new coach will help.   Donny completely relent on DR.  And history tells us that isn't normally a winner.  Hunslet haven't got the squad to challenge for top 5 imo.

It's teams 2nd to 6th in the play offs this year top team goes up automatic and next 5 play off shouldn't be a problem finishing in the top 6

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #670 on: 04 Mar 2019, 01:08:33 pm
I know, but we want to be aiming for top spot.  And so far results have been okay for us.  If we beat Donny then we are pretty much on par so far.

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #671 on: 10 Mar 2019, 09:38:23 am
Town match called off against Siddal
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #672 on: 10 Mar 2019, 11:30:14 am
Something fishy 14 available players plus no DR or loan players  just what I’m hearing on the grape vine,
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #673 on: 10 Mar 2019, 11:39:44 am
Yeh heard that especially looking at weather now

Popularsider13

Reply #674 on: 10 Mar 2019, 06:48:52 pm
New levels of gob5hitery....there was a squad of 19 with our travelling players staying in the Hall Park last night. Suppose the truth won't fit the agenda though