HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town

Brow Lad · 958 · 93252

Offline woodhousewarrior

• Academy Star
Reply #735 on: 14 Apr 2019, 04:02:06 pm
If you look at the 34 players who will take the field Friday it will be one of the most local games in years.

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #736 on: 14 Apr 2019, 04:48:37 pm
It's like David v Goliath friday we are expected to lose we have a very good local side where they are filled with ex sl players and going all out for promotion is just like us to bet them and make a statement cant wait for Friday
You're level on points at the top of the league 🀣🀣

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #737 on: 14 Apr 2019, 04:51:43 pm
With the money town have spent you should be sat there pretty now looking down just shows you can't buy team spirit

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #738 on: 14 Apr 2019, 04:58:24 pm
With the money town have spent you should be sat there pretty now looking down just shows you can't buy team spirit
I don't know how much we've spent so can't comment on that.
Just had to laugh at the David v Goliath statement, that was Friday night just gone.

• Haven Legend
Reply #739 on: 14 Apr 2019, 05:01:44 pm
Lol yeah it is though with the squad you have we shouldnt be anywhere near the top or am I not giving our lads enough credit

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #740 on: 14 Apr 2019, 05:17:43 pm
Lol yeah it is though with the squad you have we shouldnt be anywhere near the top or am I not giving our lads enough credit
Maybe not, that's a strong squad you've got.
A local squad should certainly work in your favour on Friday, it will mean something to a lot more of your lads than ours.

• Haven Legend
Reply #741 on: 14 Apr 2019, 05:19:14 pm
Maybe not, that's a strong squad you've got.
A local squad should certainly work in your favour on Friday, it will mean something to a lot more of your lads than ours.

It could mean we go 4 clear of town if we win or if town win we go level should be a very good game

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #742 on: 15 Apr 2019, 07:01:54 am
Folks,

I refer you ALL to this message regarding Libel and the owner of this forum.   http://www.havenfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=4485.msg61085#msg61085.   

There has been some intimation on this topic regarding an alleged misdemeanour.  It is just that - ALLEGED.

There will be NO further reference to it on this forum.  Any veiled references towards this allegation will be removed and the poster/s making those references or asking people to name names will be automatically banned indefinitely from this forum.

You have been warned.  No further warnings, no second chances. 

Thanks in advance of your co-operation.

Mrs HW
Forum Administrator

πŸ€ŽπŸ’™πŸ’› Whitehaven RLFC πŸ€ŽπŸ’™πŸ’›

Offline sam19

• Academy Star
Reply #743 on: 23 Apr 2019, 05:32:00 pm
My jam munching friend reckons Pryce is gone and Chris Thorman is there replacement

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #744 on: 23 Apr 2019, 06:07:10 pm
My jam munching friend reckons Pryce is gone and Chris Thorman is there replacement
Noticed Thorman has had his ban lifted, maybe people seeing that and putting 2 & 2 together?
Can't see Pryce walking or Town wanting to pay to get rid.

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #745 on: 23 Apr 2019, 06:07:18 pm

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #746 on: 23 Apr 2019, 06:15:48 pm
Noticed Thorman has had his ban lifted, maybe people seeing that and putting 2 & 2 together?
Can't see Pryce walking or Town wanting to pay to get rid.

Hope he stays to finish the job - chasing all the talented locals πŸ˜‚

• Haven Legend
Reply #747 on: 23 Apr 2019, 06:18:30 pm
He's a proper **** according to the players and everyone says he is poison at the club
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2019, 06:46:49 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline CJ91

• Academy Signing
Reply #748 on: 23 Apr 2019, 07:20:37 pm
Town and pryce have parted ways

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #749 on: 23 Apr 2019, 07:23:49 pm
Official Town Statement:

Following discussions between Leon Pryce and the Board of Workington Town it has been agreed that Leon is to be relieved of his duties as Head Coach.Club chairman Les Smallwood said "we wish to thank Leon for his hard work and commitment over the last couple of years. Leon has been a credit to the club and has raised the profile of Workington Town who narrowly missed out on promotion last season especially in the last game against Swinton with a depleted squad. Leon has introduced very high levels of professionalism and for that we are grateful".Leon Pryce said "whilst there is a tinge of disappointment, the last couple of years has been a great learning curve and I've enjoyed the experience of being thrown in at the deep end as Head Coach and enjoyed working with all of the players and coaching staff whom I wish to thank for their unstinting support. I believe I leave the club in a much stronger state especially with a group of committed players who deserve success the remaining part of the 2019 season"

Current coaching staff and club captain Ollie Wilkes will take charge of the team for this weekend’s trip to Keighley Cougars. A decision on the coaching arrangements at the club will be made in due course.

http://www.townrlfc.com/news/article/55874/workington-town-part-company-with
πŸ€ŽπŸ’™πŸ’› Whitehaven RLFC πŸ€ŽπŸ’™πŸ’›