HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town

Brow Lad · 958 · 93242

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #810 on: 21 Jul 2019, 09:58:17 pm
Good win for the jam today against a mediocre Keighley team but makes next week's game against Hunslet must be a Haven win as confidence going intoa derby counts for a lot. THEIRS WILL BE SKY HIGH,Ours following  a win at Hunslet should be higher so another big game.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #811 on: 11 Aug 2019, 01:57:19 pm
Two teams differing expectations...
Hard to understand the logic some town fans exhibit. After last Sundays match, these (some) home forum posting fans claim to question havens ongoing position as long term leaders of League One, while building on the draw their team richly deserved, to claim that other playoff teams will now be fearful of facing town in the playoffs, and even the possibility of town getting promoted from 6th position finish by this seasons end.

ADVICE :- Either you forced a very good away result against a very good season long team last Sunday, and so your team now have the expectations and drive to build upon that, .....having under performed for so much of the season by the way, ........OR you continue to ask why has your team performed like a troubled and disjointed unit so often, yet managed to muster enough motivation on the day to push your long term league topping local rivals so close in a season end derby game.

Time will tell of course, but past performances this season suggest to me that town’s season may well fizzle out once again this year........and I also hope that our own team now push on and deliver what every haven supporter expects of them ........promotion from a table topping position. But  we are not daft enough to think that it will simply be a ‘shoe in’ for us, as we too have flattered to deceive so often in past seasons.
« Last Edit: 11 Aug 2019, 04:38:29 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #812 on: 11 Aug 2019, 07:26:32 pm
They got it in their heads we can't afford to go up lol
We all hate town,and we all hate town

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #813 on: 11 Aug 2019, 09:05:20 pm
They got it in their heads we can't afford to go up lol
Couple of random Sunday night posts there, where's that all came from? I don't scroll through every forum post like some people do but I do have a read and must say I haven't seen any of the above from any Town fans?
Good luck in your last 3 games, not that I think you'll need it

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #814 on: 07 Sep 2019, 04:19:36 pm
Good luck to Town in the playoffs, I hope you win promotion  to join the mighty Haven next year in the championship and keep the local derby alive.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #815 on: 07 Sep 2019, 06:13:16 pm
Agree...hope to see both West Cumbrian clubs in Championship next year.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #816 on: 13 Sep 2019, 04:33:07 pm
Workington Town have confirmed Chris Thorman their permanent Head Coach on a three-year deal.

Thorman arrived at Derwent Park in April and has helped guide Workington to a place in the Betfred League 1 play-offs.

Thorman said: “I’ve been linked with a number of jobs and haven’t hidden the fact that I’ve communicated with other people in Rugby League.

“There were some opportunities but the appeal to me was being a Head Coach.

“I’ve been an assistant in Super League for a long time but as a Head Coach you’re the one who is accountable and make the executive decisions. 

“The appeal of being the Head Coach at this club going forward is something that I couldn’t refuse.”

Workington Town Chairman, Les Smallwood, said: “Chris has demonstrated very quickly why he is held in such high regard in the Rugby League game. 

“It’s been an absolute pleasure working with Chris over the last few months and me and the board look forward to working with Chris for the next few seasons.” 

Workington Town get their 2019 Betfred League 1 play-off campaign underway on Sunday as they travel to Hunslet. 

You can watch Newcastle Thunder and Hunslet battle it out in the Betfred League 1 play-offs from 2:30pm on Sunday by joining Our League HERE.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #817 on: 13 Sep 2019, 04:50:30 pm
Workington Town have confirmed Chris Thorman their permanent Head Coach on a three-year deal.

Thorman arrived at Derwent Park in April and has helped guide Workington to a place in the Betfred League 1 play-offs.

Thorman said: “I’ve been linked with a number of jobs and haven’t hidden the fact that I’ve communicated with other people in Rugby League.

“I’ve been an assistant in Super League for a long time but as a Head Coach you’re the one who is accountable and make the executive decisions.

“The appeal of being the Head Coach at this club going forward is something that I couldn’t refuse.”

Workington Town Chairman, Les Smallwood, said: “Chris has demonstrated very quickly why he is held in such high regard in the Rugby League game.

“It’s been an absolute pleasure working with Chris over the last few months and me and the board look forward to working with Chris for the next few seasons.”

Workington Town get their 2019 Betfred League 1 play-off campaign underway on Sunday as they travel to Hunslet.

You can watch Newcastle Thunder and Hunslet battle it out in the Betfred League 1 play-offs from 2:30pm on Sunday by joining Our League HERE.

Good appointment for them but is he a first choice or second choice for them.  Crack going round Rooney jacked them off coz he couldn't work with a certain director who I won't name.

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #818 on: 13 Sep 2019, 04:56:41 pm

You can watch Newcastle Thunder and Hunslet battle it out in the Betfred League 1 play-offs from 2:30pm on Sunday by joining Our League HERE.

Good appointment for them but is he a first choice or second choice for them.  Crack going round Rooney jacked them off coz he couldn't work with a certain director who I won't name.
Heard a story very similar only the roles were reversed.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #819 on: 22 Sep 2019, 04:19:37 pm
Listening to Newcastle Vrs Town in the playoffs....missed the start but it seems town have turned up with just 13 players ??  Can't believe they would be so short of players....

Offline farawayfan

• Academy Star
Reply #820 on: 22 Sep 2019, 04:41:45 pm
Listening to Newcastle Vrs Town in the playoffs....missed the start but it seems town have turned up with just 13 players ??  Can't believe they would be so short of players....
14- one named on the bench but apparently a few are also carrying knocks
HAVEN......PRIDE OF CUMBRIA

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #821 on: 22 Sep 2019, 05:55:31 pm
Had a real good go,  singleton absolutely outstanding, though Lancaster stood out to when he came on.  Moi moi - 35 minutes before he took a ball in while allowing Marwood, Walsh, and Bolton to constantly get battered taking the ball on - embarrassing.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #822 on: 22 Sep 2019, 06:18:27 pm

Similar position to us sometimes last year.

Great effort by those that played.

HW

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #823 on: 22 Sep 2019, 06:32:34 pm
Newcastle were poor again considering the circumstances.

Oldham have got to be huge faves to go up.

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #824 on: 22 Sep 2019, 06:38:37 pm
Newcastle not the same team without mikey Lewis.