HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town

Brow Lad · 958 · 92448

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #855 on: 20 Nov 2020, 11:43:48 pm
Yea quite annoying jake left for Ottawa and then things fell through why not come back to haven for a year until he can go next season back to Ottawa why sign for town? In a lower division makes no sense

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #856 on: 20 Nov 2020, 11:53:31 pm
Yea quite annoying jake left for Ottawa and then things fell through why not come back to haven for a year until he can go next season back to Ottawa why sign for town? In a lower division makes no sense
Easier division and with the oversea boys less competition for a place on team at Tpwn

Eass

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #857 on: 22 Nov 2020, 09:34:23 pm

Would of helped if the club had contacted the lad instead of signing players from down the road on inflated  wages and signing unproved Australians, so much for the locals eh.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #858 on: 22 Nov 2020, 09:48:20 pm
Easier division and with the oversea boys less competition for a place on team at Tpwn

Eass

Whitehaven didn’t even attempt to get the lad back pretty disgusting from the club after all he done to get them into the championship,  If you question Moore’s  attitude and competitiveness you clearly don’t know rugby league.

All the hard work ruined signing all these Aussies and travellers just means less local lads get a chance we’ve seen it before and it never works.

If these Aussies do well they leave in a year if they are rubbish they leave.... No benefit !

It stops local lads getting accustomed to that level.

Matter of time before more locals leave.

Forester
Bradley
Kelly

They ain’t gonna sit and not play while the clubs pays Aussies who don’t even know where whitehaven is.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #859 on: 22 Nov 2020, 10:14:12 pm

Eass

Whitehaven didn’t even attempt to get the lad back pretty disgusting from the club after all he done to get them into the championship,  If you question Moore’s  attitude and competitiveness you clearly don’t know rugby league.

All the hard work ruined signing all these Aussies and travellers just means less local lads get a chance we’ve seen it before and it never works.

If these Aussies do well they leave in a year if they are rubbish they leave.... No benefit !

Forester
Bradley
Kelly

They ain’t gonna sit and not play while the clubs pays Aussies who don’t even know where whitehaven is.

Im guessing we were Spent Up and all players signed before Jake became available. In the past people have complained we have left signings too late. This year we are just about done, and folk still arent happy.

HW

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #860 on: 22 Nov 2020, 10:40:51 pm

Eass

Forester
Bradley
Kelly

Im guessing we were Spent Up and all players signed before Jake became available. In the past people have complained we have left signings too late. This year we are just about done, and folk still arent happy.

HW

All spent up on unproven Australians and travellers.

What happened to the LOCALS we rammed down the throats of town ?

Short memories !

If anyone thinks it’s sustainable to run a club with all these unproven Aussies your deluded.

They do well they leave and you need to recruit again they do rubbish your paying for someone sitting.

And in that time local lads will miss out and leave.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #861 on: 22 Nov 2020, 11:04:47 pm
I never questioned Jake's ability or attitude, It is my opinion that if Jake resigns for the Ottawa Aces for the 2022 season it makes sense for him to play in the lower division  that way he will know his opposition when the 2022 season start.
As for me knowing  rugby league  I  have supported whitehaven R L since  1948, Have you?
When Jake first signed for Ottawa I reached out to him and offered him any help  that he may need as I live on Ottawa. I  say good luck to the lad wherever he goes.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #862 on: 22 Nov 2020, 11:19:42 pm

Eass

Clearly this is questioning the lad or why else would you make that comment?

“ Easier division and with the oversea boys less competition for a place on team at Tpwn”

You mentioned nothing of what you have just wrote now ?

As for the years you’ve supported a team it doesn’t mean you know rugby league as you state you live in Ottowa so it’s clear you don’t actually watch any live rugby then.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #863 on: 22 Nov 2020, 11:43:51 pm

Eass

Clearly this is questioning the lad or why else would you make that comment?

“ Easier division and with the oversea boys less competition for a place on team at Tpwn”

You mentioned nothing of what you have just wrote now ?

As for the years you’ve supported a team it doesn’t mean you know rugby league as you state you live in Ottowa so it’s clear you don’t actually watch any live rugby then.
I watch rugby league every week NRL, Super League ect via the internet have you heard of it? I also listen to Haven games and watch them when available, I also supported  Haven when rugby was a real game not the s***e they serve up today.
It is my opinion the poor quality of the game today is the reason for the declining crowds.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #864 on: 22 Nov 2020, 11:44:16 pm
Sad to see jake go to town and not back here my opinion is jake was our player of the season in 2019 until he got that injury and missed a big chunk of the season . He did sign a full time contract at ottawa and theres maybe no way we could afford similar terms and town possibly can for a year who knows . As for travellers our squad is nearly all local we got found out last year that we needed reinforcements.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #865 on: 23 Nov 2020, 12:21:16 am
Sad to see jake go to town and not back here my opinion is jake was our player of the season in 2019 until he got that injury and missed a big chunk of the season . He did sign a full time contract at ottawa and theres maybe no way we could afford similar terms and town possibly can for a year who knows . As for travellers our squad is nearly all local we got found out last year that we needed reinforcements.

He only missed 8 games I think Phillips and Bulman missed 6 think Taylor missed more.

Whitehaven didn’t even contact him about signing they had already signed Liam Cooper before moore was contacted by Ottawa luckily he didn’t give his notice for his job on site crap of ottowa but he wouldn’t of wanted nowhere near a full time wage my point in we’ve lost burns now Moore who next ? and the squad isn’t nearly all local

Dion
Jessy
Thompson
Taylor
Walmsley
Zammit
Williams
Morris
King
Croston

Thackeray (if he’s signs)
Gillam lives in widnes

Carter
Dowsett
Wilko
Ethan
Newton
Dawson
All have to travel also albeit not as far.

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #866 on: 10 Dec 2020, 11:43:35 pm

He only missed 8 games I think Phillips and Bulman missed 6 think Taylor missed more.

Whitehaven didn’t even contact him about signing they had already signed Liam Cooper before moore was contacted by Ottawa luckily he didn’t give his notice for his job on site crap of ottowa but he wouldn’t of wanted nowhere near a full time wage my point in we’ve lost burns now Moore who next ? and the squad isn’t nearly all local

Dion
Jessy
Thompson
Taylor
Walmsley
Zammit
Williams
Morris
King
Croston

Gillam lives in widnes

Carter
Dowsett
Wilko
Ethan
Newton
Dawson

What on earth is this WCC u18s lark anyone any the wiser

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #867 on: 11 Dec 2020, 02:09:03 pm

Dion
Jessy
Thompson
Taylor
Walmsley
Zammit
Williams
Morris
King
Croston

Gillam lives in widnes

Carter
Dowsett
Wilko
Ethan
Newton
Dawson

An amateur club looking to give an opportunity for those at 16 who maybe don’t want to and aren’t yet ready to play open age rugby to continue playing the game with similar aged lads rather than losing out of the game at 16.

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #868 on: 12 Dec 2020, 09:00:47 pm

Dion
Jessy
Thompson
Taylor
Walmsley
Zammit
Williams
Morris
King
Croston

Gillam lives in widnes

Carter
Dowsett
Wilko
Ethan
Newton
Dawson

An amateur club looking to give an opportunity for those at 16 who maybe don’t want to and aren’t yet ready to play open age rugby to continue playing the game with similar aged lads rather than losing out of the game at 16.

Over the last few days we’ve been asked by our local community clubs and the press about Workington Town’s involvement with the suggested West Cumbria Crusaders U 18 team as it has a West Cumbrian name. We have had no involvement and no requests from the organisers to be involved so are unable to comment. All questions should be directed to the organisers via the teams Facebook page. Thanks. UTT.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #869 on: 24 Dec 2020, 10:59:06 am
Cant see it taking off due to inter club politics and typical West Cumbria parochialism.

I sincerely hope im wrong as WC is crying out for a pathway for talented kids who aren't lucky enough to get spotted by Wigan or Saints.