HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town

Brow Lad · 958 · 93255

Offline Exile in Jamland

• Academy Signing
Reply #885 on: 10 Oct 2021, 04:09:29 pm
Well done to Town. Hopefully some cracking derbies next year and some decent crowds too.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #886 on: 10 Oct 2021, 04:22:16 pm
Well done to Town . All 3 Cumbrian sides if one league should see some cracking games . However it means any up and coming players will have a choice of teams where if town hadn’t been promoted it would have put us in a stronger position when recruiting players

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #887 on: 10 Oct 2021, 04:29:23 pm
Most of our players will be tied down by now who we want to keep I wouldn’t worry about losing people to town they will need all they can get cos that’s side is far for championship level and would get batters every week

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #888 on: 10 Oct 2021, 04:35:23 pm
Most of our players will be tied down by now who we want to keep I wouldn’t worry about losing people to town they will need all they can get cos that’s side is far for championship level and would get batters every week

If you go on the haven part of totalrlfans  forum it says we have 19 signed on for next season and not a weak link out of them  . As far as I know with town going up all their contracts will be void now.  Watched them a few times this season and would say they have about 7 or 8 who would have no problem stepping up next level.

• Haven Legend
Reply #889 on: 10 Oct 2021, 04:56:01 pm
Yea I think a few would make the step but as a group that side I seen before is not a patch on our side that won the league and that side struggles right away far too slow loads overweight need at least 10 players in to get anywhere near the level required but I hope they get some in so we can have some great games next season

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #890 on: 10 Oct 2021, 05:04:56 pm
Yea I think a few would make the step but as a group that side I seen before is not a patch on our side that won the league and that side struggles right away far too slow loads overweight need at least 10 players in to get anywhere near the level required but I hope they get some in so we can have some great games next season

Doran Fitzsimmons Barnes O,donell O'brien would have no problems in champ add Scholey and Miller who have missed all season they've got the base for a decent team

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #891 on: 10 Oct 2021, 05:19:20 pm
Barnes only player I would take, that team today would struggle against Oldham & Swinton

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #892 on: 10 Oct 2021, 05:45:55 pm
Couldn't support them today or ever.  But great for our coffers and nothing beats derby day.  And they look easy pickings for 4 points.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #893 on: 10 Oct 2021, 05:50:10 pm
Couldn't support them today or ever.  But great for our coffers and nothing beats derby day.  And they look easy pickings for 4 points.

I was hoping they got beat aswell in the balance until last 15 mins

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #894 on: 11 Nov 2021, 08:49:08 pm
Interested to know peolles thoughts on Towns prospects next year.

Possible they are playing a long game and have some real quality to come in but so far their signings are looking bang  average.

Not saying they won't give us a game or beat us as they are always 50 :50 but Thorman would have to be Wayne Bennett to keep that squad up as it stands.

• Haven Legend
Reply #895 on: 11 Nov 2021, 08:53:54 pm
Yea I would like them to stay up I just can’t see it it’s basically the same squad with a couple of top amateurs added I watched the play off final when they played donny and I said it was so slow compared to the championship and I still say they will be lucky to win a game with that squad I believe promotion came a year early and they aren’t anywhere near ready it will take them 5 to 1 games to get up to speed look what happend to us when we won the league we had the same squad which was much stronger than town have now and we got beat 5 games out of 5 they need some big forwards in and some quality but I hope they price everyone wrong like we did

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #896 on: 11 Nov 2021, 09:18:13 pm
Town are going to be favourites to go down. They will probably get up for our games but there squad is really poor.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #897 on: 11 Nov 2021, 09:23:59 pm
Wouldn't write them off yet nobody knows who's coming in to replace smallwood maybe someone with coin.  Best wait to a couple of weeks before the season starts to see who they get in.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #898 on: 11 Nov 2021, 10:19:29 pm
Two more to come in lad from Oldham they had last year and young lad from Seaton who played for Newcastle Academy.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #899 on: 28 Jan 2022, 05:42:43 pm
3 experts from love rugby league all predict
Workington Town for relegation