HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Season Overall?

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
on: 18 Sep 2017, 08:55:38 pm
What is the consensus of the season overall?

After an appalling pre-season I doubt if even the most optimistic would have us in the top 3. This despite the unfortunate loss of Dave Allen and the late arrival of Dionne Aiye, not to mention the situation with Olstrom and the loss of a number of promising locals.

The positives are the improvements in Jordan Burns, Conor Holliday and a full season out of Elliott Miller as individuals and, after a poor start, the growing influence of Crook and Roper in the halfs.

Biggest disappointment for me was the disallowed try at North Wales which would have given us a win and put more pressure on Barrow.

My concern for this weekend is the number of Hull players that will fill the York team, if we can get past that hurdle it is all on for the final.

Offline garfield

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2017, 10:16:25 pm
brilliant so far in terms of results but losing all the amateurs has been a low

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2017, 06:46:42 am
Supporters not returning has been a worry, are they lost forever? Should we go up we need more fans through the turnstiles, but seeing how a winning team has struggled to achieve that how will a relegation battle help the situation??
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline meesterC

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2017, 07:53:24 am
9/10 so far

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2017, 12:43:20 pm
poor pre season and rail cup after that very good not over yet.
2 BIG WEEKS
born and bred haven.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2017, 10:48:06 pm
Always had my reservations about the coach when appointed, so pleased to be proved wrong, not sure another young player could climb the ladder to head coach and do what he has done over the season both on and off the pitch, well done CF

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2017, 10:10:22 am
More than happy even if we don't go up still a good season for me 👌🏻