HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v York 24.9.17 - Match Reaction

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 24 Sep 2017, 05:27:22 pm
And just WHAT do you think about that then?

Haven 21 - York CK 20

105 minutes of Rugby League played.  There will be some sore bodies out there and Haven have served up an all Cumbrian Final

Bring it on!
πŸ€ŽπŸ’™πŸ’› Whitehaven RLFC πŸ€ŽπŸ’™πŸ’›

Offline HAVENSAINT

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2017, 05:35:48 pm
INCREDIBLE, Well done to all the players who took part.
My heart is about to burst outta me chest
 :bow: :bow:
Gonna enjoy a few scoops in the fly later I can tell her  :)

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2017, 05:47:17 pm
Wow talk about body's on line well done everyone also heard Callum Phillips Tee Ritson Chris Coward haven bound up the Haven

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2017, 05:57:36 pm
Lost for words never seen a game like that before feel sorry for York but we were the best team overall and deserve to be in the final beat York three times this year have proven this

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2017, 06:06:57 pm
Great overall effiort considering length of the game.....BUT if we play like that next week then we will be wasting our time travelling.

I hate referee comments on here.....but this guy was truely AWFUL.

I don't think he pulled York up even once for a high tackle...but saw many things haven did as high shots. Even though Miller and Forster almost had theheads removed.

One good example of his inability to understand and so play to the rules ..........came at the end of normal time, when York were hanging about trying NOT to take the drop out....so rightly he signalled time off.....and when two or three seconds later the hooter went, he signaled game over.....while his time off was still in force........small point perhaps, but when games are tight on TV in SL......even the last second is played out after a time out.

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2017, 06:10:24 pm
I don’t feel very well can anyone recommend anything for battered nerves. That was the worst 27 minutes I’ve had following Haven worse than Swinton. I really can’t say anything more than get up the backs now 1 more to go, a good rest & recouperation and we smash barrow next week
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2017, 06:13:14 pm
We stuck it out and finally managed to win against the 14 men of York. I saw Nigel Wood at the game he must surely have something to say about the standard of cheating, sorry officiating, by the clown in the middle.

We move on but if we start like that next week Barrow will be out of site before we get a touch of the ball
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline farawayfan

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2017, 06:16:56 pm
Karl olstrom and macca were absolutely outstanding, jordan burns was brilliant aswel.
Feel sorry for York, we were in the kells end and most of the fans thought their goal went over!!
HAVEN......PRIDE OF CUMBRIA

Offline nuttyandrew

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 24 Sep 2017, 06:17:46 pm
cbandg01 I agree entirely with all your comments and this guy could have cost the club a lot more than just a game through his incompetence and inconsistency and don't forget he has 2 linesmen and they are supposed to be his additional eyes. A cynical person might think that they were determined that Whitehaven wouldn't win. The good news is they are signing Mick McFarlane the Whitehaven drop goal legend. He might be in his late seventies now but he wouldn't have needed so many attempts to seal the game. Mick by the way became the first British player to score a one point drop goal and I believe todays marathon of 105 minutes is a world record time for a game of rugby league. Definitely "Question of Sport" material for the future

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #9 on: 24 Sep 2017, 06:20:07 pm
πŸ€ŽπŸ’™πŸ’› Whitehaven RLFC πŸ€ŽπŸ’™πŸ’›

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 24 Sep 2017, 06:29:21 pm
We stuck it out and finally managed to win against the 14 men of York. I saw Nigel Wood at the game he must surely have something to say about the standard of cheating, sorry officiating, by the clown in the middle.

We move on but if we start like that next week Barrow will be out of site before we get a touch of the ball

He didn’t even know the rules,he  was asking the Match Commissioner why they carried on playing after the hooter went after the second extra 10 mins.

HW

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 24 Sep 2017, 06:36:26 pm
A win is a win, we weren't very good, but a linesman not knowing if it was a golden point takes the p!ss.  But as York turned down 3 opportunities to drop a goal in the first half of ET it may of worked in our favour.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 24 Sep 2017, 06:45:20 pm
Thought team spirit and playing for each other showed today. I was knackered at the nd so can't imagine  what the players felt like but the smiles on their faces at the end spoke volumes. Thought York gave us a good game but were undoubtedly  helped by the clown in the middle and his other two incompetents, if those in power don't review his handling of the game and demote him to under 7's then there's no justice, but when was justice an an issue for the RFL !!! Still a wins a win, onward and upwards.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 24 Sep 2017, 07:06:04 pm
Quite an unbelievable game. Defo got our monies worth. Still recovering  :)

Massive well done to both sides in what was treacherous conditions near the end. It was who wanted it most. Feared the worst at 10 nil down but we came back well and to go in at halftime ahead after playing poorly was a bonus.

2nd half we outscored them when Dion was binned. At 20-10 felt we had the game in the bag but we let them back in it. Thank god their kicker missed that easy conversion at 20 all.

In extra time we witnessed just how poor the ref was. In the first period Fozzy was taken out with a blatant high tackle. If it had been during normal time it would have been a pen. Referee bottled it as it was right infront of the sticks. Ropers drop that hit the post added to the nerves Really thought it wasn't going to be our day.

Still massive well done. Barrow will be cock a hoop> just hope we can get bodies patched up. Dion didn't look 100% and Jessie took a bad knock. Roll on Sunday  ;D ;D

Offline nickhutchinson

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 24 Sep 2017, 07:19:40 pm
What a game, dig deep we did well done lads. Hope we can field 17 fit players next week