HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Play Off Final - Match Reaction

Offline Millomite

• Academy Signing
Reply #45 on: 02 Oct 2017, 02:46:38 pm
It wasn't given so it's a no try. Same for Millers which was obstruction. The pass to Brett Carter could have gone either way from where I stood but that was disallowed. Could argue that JJP could have been in the bin for his high shot. Lots of decisions that could have gone either way.

One thing that didn't impress me was the lack of action against lying on in the tackle

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #46 on: 02 Oct 2017, 02:50:25 pm
I agree Dion should have gone in the bin but they are try’s the would have won the game a bit of a difference but u win some u loose some we got no luck yesterday and barrow did fair play to them

Offline jagnew

• Academy Signing
Reply #47 on: 02 Oct 2017, 02:51:25 pm
Watched the game as a neutral spectator and really enjoyed it.  As you said it's all water under the bridge now. Why can't people just accept that Barrow had been just slightly better all season and just slightly better in this game. Why blame the ref. He's from Manchester.  Why should he care who wins. Not saying he got everything right but who did on the pitch. As for the other conspiracy theory going round that the rfl didn't want Haven up so they sent him there with that in mind !! If that was the case just look at the fixtures. Barrow went to Haven and Toronto twice. Haven didn't travel to either.  Hardly a level playing field. Good luck to Barrow and hopefully Haven will walk the Division next season although I suspect Barrow might be going in the opposite direction.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #48 on: 02 Oct 2017, 02:56:12 pm
we did go to Toronto, but would agree the fixtures were kind to us on the whole.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #49 on: 02 Oct 2017, 03:09:49 pm
we did go to Toronto, but would agree the fixtures were kind to us on the whole.
gotta be home and away for every game next season thrn play offs at the end

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #50 on: 02 Oct 2017, 03:28:42 pm
Agree mate the format this season was ridiculous.
the only way is up.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #51 on: 02 Oct 2017, 03:42:59 pm

Be a long bloody season lol.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #52 on: 02 Oct 2017, 03:49:33 pm

Nobody said the ref was corrupt but it was a terrible decision. A promotion final shouldnt be decided on a poor refereeing decision with the technology thats used in SL.

The only thing that saved Dion was the fact that the opposing player slipped into the tackle.

Offline billwiff

• Academy Star
Reply #53 on: 02 Oct 2017, 05:19:39 pm
The ref made a few dodgy decisions for both sides but having no width or a kicking game cost you more if you had I think the result would have been different especially given the conditions .

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #54 on: 02 Oct 2017, 07:04:13 pm
I would love to see Ropers disallowed try again. I was close and didn't see a knock on. Millers disallowed try was a fair call. Just a pity games like this aren't televised anymore and you could go to a big screen. Barrow also had a try squashed, Who'd be a referee
Looks a knock on to me.
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/barrow-raiders/article/WATCH-Barrow-Raiders-10-Whitehaven-6-League-One-play-off-final-highlights-25c25ecc-56b7-446b-9f6c-83adc9c81256-ds
Freeze it and there is no separation.  However can't change anything now.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline jagnew

• Academy Signing
Reply #55 on: 03 Oct 2017, 01:36:51 pm
Just read the posts from the 2 barrow games. The Toronto game and the Doncaster game all of which Haven lost.  Guess what the common theme was. Yup crap match officials. Must be the only club to suffer from poor decisions. Never gain any advantage from them ?

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #56 on: 03 Oct 2017, 02:43:38 pm
Just read the posts from the 2 barrow games. The Toronto game and the Doncaster game all of which Haven lost.  Guess what the common theme was. Yup crap match officials. Must be the only club to suffer from poor decisions. Never gain any advantage from them ?

No different from any other clubs forum then,but you really do need to get out more.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #57 on: 03 Oct 2017, 03:01:34 pm
the more i watch it the more i feel ****** off no knock on from steve roper massive game breaker.
born and bred haven.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #58 on: 03 Oct 2017, 03:04:25 pm
the more i watch it the more i feel ****** off no knock on from steve roper massive game breaker.
i know but there's nowt we can do now suppose they'll feel the same about Carter's try was it overruled for a forward pass

Offline Millomite

• Academy Signing
Reply #59 on: 03 Oct 2017, 03:16:21 pm
i know but there's nowt we can do now suppose they'll feel the same about Carter's try was it overruled for a forward pass

Yup. Or the time the ref said Dallimore was offside after chasing his own kick. Ridiculous