HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

So we start again

Brow Lad · 180 · 12924

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 02 Oct 2017, 04:32:08 pm

I wonder if Thompsons signed for Barrow and was due a bigger contract if they got promoted?

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 02 Oct 2017, 04:54:45 pm

I wonder if Thompsons signed for Barrow and was due a bigger contract if they got promoted?

No he wasn't even due to be up
For selection due to personal reasons away from rugby wants to stay at haven either on loan or permanent

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #17 on: 02 Oct 2017, 04:56:56 pm

No he wasn't even due to be up
For selection due to personal reasons away from rugby wants to stay at haven either on loan or permanent
lot will depend on whether leigh want to keep him or they're gonna splash the cash again and go all out for promotion personally I think toronto will walk it next season

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #18 on: 03 Oct 2017, 05:07:02 pm
Tyla Hepi has congratulated Newton on his move to barrow next year (on his Instagram)
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 03 Oct 2017, 05:16:09 pm
Tyla Hepi has congratulated Newton on his move to barrow next year (on his Instagram)
fair play to him if he as been a good servant to us over the years

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 03 Oct 2017, 05:59:59 pm
Anthony walker and Chris Riley been released Rochdale Deffo take walker back

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #21 on: 03 Oct 2017, 07:39:12 pm
Would love walker but can we afford players like him?.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #22 on: 03 Oct 2017, 07:40:18 pm
Anthony walker and Chris Riley been released Rochdale Deffo take walker back
think walker woukd have been one of the players lined up if we win crack was there was 6 players lined up if we win and 3 if we lost he's way too good for this league

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 05 Oct 2017, 12:53:20 pm
Jordan Hand?

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 05 Oct 2017, 01:02:01 pm
Summat getting announced tomorrow 7am

Offline haven massive

• Academy Signing
Reply #25 on: 05 Oct 2017, 01:13:28 pm
Says on Barrow forum 2 Haven players close to signing for them as mentioned at an EGM they had last night. I would imagine it will be Newton and Miller if the rumours are to be believed. If true Fozzy has a lot of work ahead recruiting in pivotal positions. So far rumour mill suggesting we are to lose Newton, Miller, Dion, Holland as well as Crook already leaving and lising Macca and Calvert. Big shoes to fill in a league surrounded by uncertainty.  Automatic promotion has to be the aim. That being said Fozzy did a great job this year and will have learned a lot also.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 05 Oct 2017, 01:31:20 pm
Says on Barrow forum 2 Haven players close to signing for them as mentioned at an EGM they had last night. I would imagine it will be Newton and Miller if the rumours are to be believed. If true Fozzy has a lot of work ahead recruiting in pivotal positions. So far rumour mill suggesting we are to lose Newton, Miller, Dion, Holland as well as Crook already leaving and lising Macca and Calvert. Big shoes to fill in a league surrounded by uncertainty.  Automatic promotion has to be the aim. That being said Fozzy did a great job this year and will have learned a lot also.

Don’t think Miller will be that big a miss, he definitely not a Full Back, Jordan Burns played a lot better in that position when selected there.

I’m sure Foz will have irons in the fire, but as usual travel will be against us.

HW

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #27 on: 05 Oct 2017, 02:02:58 pm

Going to be a huge struggle to win automatic promotion. Bradford will be coming down with a fulltime squad and the RFL behind them.

Then you've got York, Doncaster and Newcastle who all apparently have cash to splash plus Keighley and Oldham who will be able to pick up players who arent needed at a higher level.

It'll be much more competitive next season.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #28 on: 05 Oct 2017, 02:03:05 pm

Dowsett would be a more than handy replacement

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #29 on: 05 Oct 2017, 02:12:05 pm

Dowsett would be a more than handy replacement

Personally I would look for 2 new hookers, C. Phillips being one. A proper link with a SL club would be ideal, where w could have full season loans for 3/4 position where we are struggling to find adequate solutions.

Looking at the above we need, as a minimum;

2 Wingers
Halfback
Prop
2 Hookers
Backrower
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."