HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

So we start again

Brow Lad · 180 · 12932

Offline Amanda

• First Team Backup
Reply #165 on: 16 Nov 2017, 10:41:52 am
The only money we are down is the Main Sponsorship from AECOM but the board and club are working tirelessly to bring in alot more smaller sponsors to bridge the gap. We didn't over spend last year infact alot of you would be very surprised at what alot of our players were paid last year! as always the rumour mill will make up its own mind but how we could have possibly spent this years money last year is beyond me.
   As always at rugby league clubs money is tight and sponsors are tough to find but this isn't unique to us as a club. All we require going in to the 2018 season is 100% support through the gates/bar/lottery/season tickets and our Support groups like alot of you already give and we will look after the rest.

The squad had their first session last night and to say we are pleased with how it went would be an understatement we are exactly were we want to be for this time of year.

Amanda Hewer
GM

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #166 on: 16 Nov 2017, 11:20:14 am
The only money we are down is the Main Sponsorship from AECOM but the board and club are working tirelessly to bring in alot more smaller sponsors to bridge the gap. We didn't over spend last year infact alot of you would be very surprised at what alot of our players were paid last year! as always the rumour mill will make up its own mind but how we could have possibly spent this years money last year is beyond me.
   As always at rugby league clubs money is tight and sponsors are tough to find but this isn't unique to us as a club. All we require going in to the 2018 season is 100% support through the gates/bar/lottery/season tickets and our Support groups like alot of you already give and we will look after the rest.

The squad had their first session last night and to say we are pleased with how it went would be an understatement we are exactly were we want to be for this time of year.

Amanda Hewer
GM

thanks amanda puts all those stories to bed so lets try and back our club and get involved with functions and support all events. 400 club, vps, trustinhaven and all work to help and support our club.
born and bred haven.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #167 on: 16 Nov 2017, 11:41:36 am

Amanda Hewer
GM

:tip: great information.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #168 on: 16 Nov 2017, 12:25:49 pm
Well said lass shouldn’t have to defend yourself on our own forum biggest gripe I bear is I hope we see some of the supporters who were at Barrow down every game 👍🏻

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #169 on: 16 Nov 2017, 01:30:41 pm
Noticed Town have released their home shirt for this season,after copying Haven and getting the fans to vote,will we be doing the same this year and is their a timescale for getting it on sale ?

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #170 on: 16 Nov 2017, 01:48:51 pm
That last comment about preparing for 2019 is ridiculous. Let's try and get next season out of the way first!

I am trying to reason why our budget is much reduced on last season? There are three options;

1- Income is down on 2017 - We have lost our main shirt sponsor, so yes.
2- We overspent in 2017 - We were under-supported in 2017 considering how well the team did!
3- We are building resource for 2019 - Total baloney

So option 1 is the reason our budget is reduced. Thanks for confirming.

Offline Amanda

• First Team Backup
Reply #171 on: 16 Nov 2017, 01:57:24 pm
We have lots of news coming soon about our 2018 Shirts our Away will be released first then home later. I will let you all know ASAP once all is confirmed with it.

Amanda

Offline sam19

• Academy Star
Reply #172 on: 19 Nov 2017, 03:17:37 pm
Is there any signings being announced this week? seems very quiet at the minute.

Offline brianb

• First Team Backup
Reply #173 on: 19 Nov 2017, 04:37:04 pm
wednesday.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #174 on: 22 Nov 2017, 09:52:53 pm
Who,s the new signing at 7am tomorrow gonna be

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #175 on: 22 Nov 2017, 11:50:19 pm
If the name I was told at work yesterday is true then he will go very well in this league lots of SL and Championship experience and can play in a couple of positions 👍🏻🤞

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #176 on: 24 Nov 2017, 09:50:53 am
Can you not remember or for some reason not telling us?

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #177 on: 24 Nov 2017, 10:14:39 am
Neither if the two announced were the name I was told
The guy I was informed is very experienced like I said
Don’t want to post the name as it would undermine the club and Amanda and all the good work they are doing

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #178 on: 24 Nov 2017, 10:21:34 am
Hooker and two lumps I’ve heard but no names

Offline rudd61

• Academy Star
Reply #179 on: 08 Feb 2018, 06:44:53 pm
Hi Ashley got your Taylor 3 shirt billy