HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

So we start again

Brow Lad · 180 · 12931

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #30 on: 05 Oct 2017, 02:15:35 pm
Don’t mention The D word as some folk will have kittens
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline realist_2010

• Academy Star
Reply #31 on: 05 Oct 2017, 02:29:26 pm

Going to be a huge struggle to win automatic promotion. Bradford will be coming down with a fulltime squad and the RFL behind them.

Then you've got York, Doncaster and Newcastle who all apparently have cash to splash plus Keighley and Oldham who will be able to pick up players who arent needed at a higher level.

It'll be much more competitive next season.

Agreed - I just hope this year wasn't a ''make or break year'' and it all pinned on promotion this year. With due respect to the BOD who have given the club this year the best possible chance it doesn't help with image when the Club is again Overdue on its Companies House returns. Hopefully just an admin over sight with all the attention being on the promotion push.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07369333

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #32 on: 05 Oct 2017, 03:08:26 pm
Can u not take that down that’s all we need everyone seeing that, let’s just trust the club

Offline realist_2010

• Academy Star
Reply #33 on: 05 Oct 2017, 03:25:25 pm
Can u not take that down that’s all we need everyone seeing that, let’s just trust the club

Hi Brow,

I think you have misinterpreted the point I was making - probably due to my rubbish grammar. The Companies House bit is a minor minor administrative overview that many companies make, it does not involve any financials or that sort and involves no fine or penalty. Purely a technicality. Point I was trying to make was lets not give any reasons why people (including potential investors, sponsors, fans,potential lottery club members) may walk away from the club, we need absolutely everyone on board given the likes of Bradford now in this League who no doubt will be full time and minted along wit the York etc Apologies if it read differently

I believe in 2017

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 05 Oct 2017, 03:34:01 pm
Ok mate my bad 🤗

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #35 on: 05 Oct 2017, 03:54:14 pm
Miller indicated on twitter he was staying.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #36 on: 05 Oct 2017, 04:01:28 pm

It will all come down to 2 things with our players based near Barrow. 1 is the difference in travel the other is money. With the money, one would expect Haven to pay winning money more times than Barrow next season, not guaranteed but at this point expected
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Online lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #37 on: 05 Oct 2017, 04:37:03 pm
Rumour heard that the board are asking Forster to go full time? Any one else heard anything 👍🏻

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #38 on: 05 Oct 2017, 05:54:08 pm

It will all come down to 2 things with our players based near Barrow. 1 is the difference in travel the other is money. With the money, one would expect Haven to pay winning money more times than Barrow next season, not guaranteed but at this point expected

with respect to miller and newton who i would both like to stay, barrow need better signings than them two.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 05 Oct 2017, 06:19:48 pm
With players leaving or retiring we need to get a dual reg with a SL club. Many good local amateurs just aren't interested. Need a big investor but that's wishful thinking  :(

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 05 Oct 2017, 06:31:49 pm
Why is CarlF calling Shacks the new Town coach on the N&S website? OR am I missing something?

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #41 on: 05 Oct 2017, 06:54:53 pm
That was on Twitter the other day when the boys where on the lash so take with a pinch of salt
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline touchjudge57

• First Team Backup
Reply #42 on: 05 Oct 2017, 06:59:08 pm
Why is CarlF calling Shacks the new Town coach on the N&S website? OR am I missing something?

Few wind ups on social media Tel. Don't read anything into some of the stuff that's on the likes of Twitter and other club forums.

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #43 on: 05 Oct 2017, 07:10:16 pm
club said on social media last night tune in 7am today (thursday) for more news of signings/resignings.....well i seen nowt but could of easily missed it but have we had any news today???

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #44 on: 05 Oct 2017, 07:11:54 pm
It said Friday morning 7am think it’s a re-signing