HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Nexr season

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
on: 13 Oct 2017, 07:18:30 am
Heard the fixtures are out 1st November and its not gonna be the stupid format this season and will be the simple home and away format starting in February.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2017, 01:55:11 pm
Because they don't have Toronto to fester around in our league next season?

Why should the fixture system be different for one club for the benifit of that club.....................oh sorry I forgot ......the RFL are involved.......silly me.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2017, 02:56:12 pm

Why should the fixture system be different for one club for the benifit of that club.....................oh sorry I forgot ......the RFL are involved.......silly me.

Last seasons format had nothing to do with Toronto.

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 13 Oct 2017, 04:31:51 pm

So why did Toronto play all there away games at the start of the season then vertualy all there home games in a row, so as not to ask them to travel every other week? And the RFL didn't make it so?

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 2017, 04:43:35 pm
They will be doing the same this season, their weather is too bad to play at home when the season starts.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 13 Oct 2017, 04:44:14 pm
Nowt to do with toronto that format as been in since all the southern teams joined

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 13 Oct 2017, 05:06:49 pm

So why did Toronto play all there away games at the start of the season then vertualy all there home games in a row, so as not to ask them to travel every other week? And the RFL didn't make it so?

They didn't,they played their first 5 games away due to the Canadian weather and then played their last 3 at home,in between they played 4 at home and 3 away,think it's called common sense.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 13 Oct 2017, 05:40:37 pm
i wouldn't call altering a system of home and away alternatively if possible to this farce to be honest.  They shouldn't be in our league full stop.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 13 Oct 2017, 05:45:52 pm
Well i for one cant wait for the new season etc and am very interested in joining the 300 club for the first time i know the hard work shaun puts in and the sooner its up and going the better for the club lets do this if we want in the championship we need to smash this 300 club get thenmoney to the club to build as it all comes down to money i hope all who attended the grand final attend games next year we have proved the club deserved support more than ever now
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2017, 05:48:01 pm by WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA »

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 13 Oct 2017, 08:41:54 pm
i wouldn't call altering a system of home and away alternatively if possible to this farce to be honest.  They shouldn't be in our league full stop.

There not there in the Championship.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 13 Oct 2017, 10:13:14 pm
Well that’s a first for this site. (not)

Davo said, regarding the daft RFL fixture format last season :-
Last seasons (fixture) format had nothing to do with Toronto.

And then totally contradicted himself by posting his very next statement.

They didn't,they played their first 5 games away due to the Canadian weather and then played their last 3 at home,in between they played 4 at home and 3 away,think it's called common sense

Silly boy. .....NO...it's called the RFL fiddling the fixture system to favour Toronto. Haven / Town can't even get the RFL to avoid home fixture clashes over the same weekend in West Cumbria........but Toronto can be allocted the most original fixture sequence EVER in British RL.

Come on Davo .......get a grip.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 14 Oct 2017, 08:37:33 am
Well that’s a first for this site. (not)

Davo said, regarding the daft RFL fixture format last season :-
Last seasons (fixture) format had nothing to do with Toronto.

And then totally contradicted himself by posting his very next statement.

They didn't,they played their first 5 games away due to the Canadian weather and then played their last 3 at home,in between they played 4 at home and 3 away,think it's called common sense

Silly boy. .....NO...it's called the RFL fiddling the fixture system to favour Toronto. Haven / Town can't even get the RFL to avoid home fixture clashes over the same weekend in West Cumbria........but Toronto can be allocted the most original fixture sequence EVER in British RL.

Come on Davo .......get a grip.

My first reply was about the fixture format that didn't have teams playing the others home and away,which didn't have anything to do with Toronto.
The second post you quoted was in reply to a statement that said Toronto played all their away games first,then had all there home games together at the end,something that obviously wasn't true.
If you insist on quoting my posts please do so in the context they were written and don't twist them around to carry on a flawed arguement based on self pity.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 14 Oct 2017, 11:05:54 am

There not there in the Championship.

I meant the british league.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 14 Oct 2017, 12:25:36 pm
Davo...

Why should the fixture system be different for one club for the benifit of that club.....................oh sorry I forgot ......the RFL are involved.......silly me

And my original post was about the RFL dicking about with the fixtures to accomodate Toronto last season. So if anyone needs to get the original context of a post right before replying to it in a post then it is obviously yourself. Do please try to keep up.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 14 Oct 2017, 07:34:34 pm
Getting a bit bored with this thread. seems a few are nit picking. Its only fair Toronto play their first few games here. Weather isn't fit for purposes and actually they have to put a big tent over their pitch to protect it. End of the day they play equal games home and away so who really cares when these games are played