HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

New Signings

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 17 Oct 2006, 05:39:43 pm
Anyone seriously thinking we will compete with Cas and Widnes by bringing  insome of our young players and not recruiting at least another two to three quality signings well wake up and start to watch the games played.the standard of rugby in NL1 now is very competetive to say the least, at best you can look to start feeding in the odd young player but rely on them to get us promotion or even finish top 3  I honestly don't think so

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 17 Oct 2006, 05:53:54 pm
Anyone seriously thinking we will compete with Cas and Widnes by bringing  insome of our young players and not recruiting at least another two to three quality signings well wake up and start to watch the games played.the standard of rugby in NL1 now is very competetive to say the least, at best you can look to start feeding in the odd young player but rely on them to get us promotion or even finish top 3  I honestly don't think so

Totally  agree.  I'm  all  for  fetching  youth  through  but  if  we  had  to  play  some  of  those  young'uns  at  the  moment  we  would  struggle  to  make  the  top  3.

Also  NL1  over  the  last  few  years  has  become  a  tough  division  to  get  out  of.  More  and  More  sides  are  now  going  fulltime  and  maybe  2/3  years  down  the  road  every team  in  NL1  might  be  fulltime  although  that  might  depend  on  how  the franchise  system  works  when  it  comes  in.