HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

the 2 signings dr wants

Guest · 7 · 800

popularsider

on: 30 Jun 2007, 06:24:37 pm
well it looks like 1 of those signings could be mike wainwright from the wire or a stand off from south sydney rabbitoths

but who is the other?

well ive found this lad at quins (dr's former club) and according to quins fans he wants a move up north could this be the other 1

http://www.quins.co.uk/PlayerDisplayRL.ink?skip=23&season=2006/2007&Playertype=s
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2007, 06:30:37 pm by popularsider »

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2007, 06:30:58 pm
or could it be this lad from wakefield

http://www.wakefieldwildcats.co.uk/dale-ferguson-i168.html

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2007, 06:59:36 pm
stabs in the dark i would say
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2007, 07:25:07 pm
i heard darren lockyear was coming? that true aswell?

heard he was on site in a shirt and tie! he had a plot of land under his arm apparently from moresby!
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2007, 07:58:00 pm

THAT WAS VERY FUNNY .
      ROB HAVEN
ALWAYS  HAVEN

popularsider

Reply #5 on: 30 Jun 2007, 08:03:58 pm
rob your as funny as the plague  ::) ::)

im just saying because someone said another post somewhere we were after a young lad from wakey = dale ferguson. and i only said the lad from quins because its dr former club and he wants a move back north.

Offline DELL

• Academy Signing
Reply #6 on: 30 Jun 2007, 11:19:23 pm
I could understand bringing in a half back in the mode of Sam Obst with outstanding skills to offer that some would argue aren't available locally at this present moment in time, although others would argue and I am one of them, we should be developing our own local lads in Bamber, Elsley and the younger lads like McNally, if not we could lose them.

Same goes for all of our lads coming through, why bring in the 2 players Popularsider mentions:
Toothill, Harlequins Prop 21
Ferguson, Wakefield Utility Forward 19
Unless we are going to carry on as we have with Bannister and Dale, take them in on loan and develop them for their Super League clubs,

i.e. Banister, a months loan at Haven, "put him in the shop window", with no intention of Haven signing him or Saints taking him back, they sell him onto Quins, Saints make a bit of money out of it and we lose out on a chance to develop our own young players.
That's real clever business on Saints behalf and short sightedness on Havens behalf. 

Matty Dale, has stated himself, "he has come to Haven to play against men and develop himself," and that's good vision on both Matty's and Hulls behalf, but yet again poor vision on Haven's behalf, because that's exactly what we should be doing with our own youg lads, again missed opportunities. 

It's important if someone does comes into the club they must have skills we don't have at the club at the present time and can't get locally, which with those mentioned above I don't believe is true.