HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

few things i heard today around town

Guest · 31 · 2025

popularsider

Reply #15 on: 30 Jun 2007, 03:42:38 pm
heard the same about lester today.

wainwright to sign before the end of the season, anyone know who the young un from wakey is??

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #16 on: 30 Jun 2007, 03:50:42 pm
heard today lester has packed in/retired

i know he is missing roughly one week in thre of training due to wotk commitments, and has also siad he does not want to stand in the way of young players coming through...so if true it could be a mixture of all of this

Well If it is true I wish him all the best for the future. He was the back bone of the club for a long time. Good luck mate & Thanks for some brilliant rugby.

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #17 on: 30 Jun 2007, 03:54:03 pm
yeah same hear if its true.maybe this year would have been one to many anyway.

popularsider

Reply #18 on: 30 Jun 2007, 04:00:29 pm
thanks for sticking with us through the bad times aaron and good luck in the future you were a true haven legend and your know a marra for life  ;D

newton

Reply #19 on: 30 Jun 2007, 04:55:46 pm
i heard lester  was mad about the way dr was treating sicy and matty and as told dr he will stand aside to get them in the team as hookers but dr still will have his fav one  there when both the other 2 have done better and on probably less money ete

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #20 on: 30 Jun 2007, 05:29:46 pm
i heard lester  was mad about the way dr was treating sicy and matty and as told dr he will stand aside to get them in the team as hookers but dr still will have his fav one  there when both the other 2 have done better and on probably less money ete

no doubt i think he may disagree on things ...but DR is the coach...not been able to train due to work will not help the situation though...i spoke to a player and he said there is no bad blood, lester feels its better if the young ones are called on rather than him being a bit part player called on every couple of weeks to fill the gap
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #21 on: 30 Jun 2007, 07:26:08 pm
im totally not stirring but sumone said on another post lester has retired?

any light?
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #22 on: 30 Jun 2007, 07:47:35 pm
Who?

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #23 on: 30 Jun 2007, 08:12:34 pm
heard today lester has packed in/retired
you mean this post on this thread...from the rumours going around it seems he may have retired from first team action at least
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 30 Jun 2007, 08:32:17 pm

SHOULD'NT WE WAIT TO HERE IT FROM THE MAN

HIMSELF BEFORE WE START PATTING HIM ON THE. BACK
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #25 on: 30 Jun 2007, 08:33:21 pm
Why are you all surprised to hear that Haven have been after Wainwright when John Cox announced it on Radio Cumbria last Sunday, that they had been trying to sort out a deal with him???       Apparently his contract is not going to be renewed at Wire and I think Cullen suggested Haven might take him on.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 30 Jun 2007, 08:48:39 pm
if we can get him and the aussie stand off we will be ok for the gf but we need em soon

got a good feeling we might here summet on munda news and star heres hoping

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 30 Jun 2007, 09:10:32 pm
Plenty  of news  about  possible  new  signings.  Lets  hope  if  any  of  this  is  true  then  its  sooner  rather  than  later.

July  and  August  are  2  difficult  month's  and  any  new  players  need  to gel  into  the  side.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #28 on: 30 Jun 2007, 09:13:07 pm
there the only places we need to strengthen we need a prop or secound row ie wainwright and a stnd off or scrum half some one with speed and a bit of skill like little sam then we could rotate duffy to 6 and new aussie to half back or vice versa

come on let us now the crack

popularsider

Reply #29 on: 30 Jun 2007, 09:38:07 pm
the aussie is a stand off but i doubt he will be here for this season more than likely it will be next.