HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Swinton - Match Reaction

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 21 Jan 2018, 04:54:07 pm
Haven go down to Swinton Lions in a pre-season (not-so) Friendly.

Your thoughts.........
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2018, 05:10:05 pm
Was not at the match, Cannot justify a 300 mile round trip for a friendly but...

Giving the missing bodies and a short bench (Olstrom, Aiye, Holiday, Howarth and Parker to come in) a 8 point loss at this stage of the season is not a major concern unless people allow it to get into their heads.

More interested in how the new players showed up and are there any rumblings on getting another prop in on duel reg

It is a long season!

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2018, 05:13:51 pm
Did ok thought Callum and billsborough looked good together, can’t really judge on a field like that shocking to only have 15 players but with players coming in our strongest 17 will be a match for anyone in league that is though if we can get them on pitch

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2018, 05:18:19 pm
Callum had his head taken off 4 times today but looked sharp was a descent game considering the conditions I thought we looked good in parts but it’s our 2nd game give em time I’m sure we’ll be up there

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2018, 05:19:29 pm
Please can our club please sort out the floodlights they are a disgrace and barley working come on let’s be professional

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2018, 05:34:13 pm
a good run out,defensively we looked much improved, only 15 named so some lads had to put in the minutes today, Hewer played his typical "im the ref so its my show".... all in all a decent performance

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 2018, 05:48:26 pm
Can't believe how much common sense seems to be on here this afternoon. Couldn't make the game however only 15 players in a newly put together squad playing their 2nd game against a team in a higher league, the result doesn't concern me. Pleasing to hear people saying some players looked good and imo so far so good in terms of where we are with what we have got.

Im sure Carl and the BoD are looking at more additions to bolster our small squad
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #7 on: 21 Jan 2018, 05:48:33 pm
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 21 Jan 2018, 05:49:28 pm
Can't believe how much common sense seems to be on here this afternoon. Couldn't make the game however only 15 players in a newly put together squad playing their 2nd game against a team in a higher league, the result doesn't concern me. Pleasing to hear people saying some players looked good and imo so far so good in terms of where we are with what we have got.

Im sure Carl and the BoD are looking at more additions to bolster our small squad

Looks like we are getting a prop from aus sounds good

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 21 Jan 2018, 05:57:58 pm
Please can our club please sort out the floodlights they are a disgrace and barley working come on let’s be professional

We’re begging for money to get players over to do their job,,, we find the money for floodlights from??????

Do you ever have a positive word for the club? You threw ya toys out of your pram last week about getting beaten by a super league team and now we’ve been competitive and come close to a team in the division above, you’ve chucked the rattle from the crib again and moaning about summat else.  Tell yah what Marra, with supporters like you, who needs flaming enemies.  Again, I say to you get a grip

• Haven Legend
Reply #10 on: 21 Jan 2018, 06:11:19 pm
The way I see it your the only one twining stop being a clown people can have opinion I will have mine hope that clears it up for you I’m as proud of this club as anyone and only want the best so I’m not allowed to say anything because you tell me I can’t when did u become the boss of me

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 21 Jan 2018, 06:56:44 pm
it was really difficult to see when it went dark. not slating the club but I would like to see the match when i pay my hard earned

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 21 Jan 2018, 07:11:45 pm
Floodlights won’t be needed soon with lighter nights not far off. At least they stopped on  :D

Quite a few positives so not duly concerned. What did disappoint me was our discipline. Gave away loads of penalties for stupid infringements. On the whole reasonably happy despite defeat

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #13 on: 21 Jan 2018, 10:29:43 pm
Decent performance with only 15 players Swinton a side who will struggle in the championship a full haven team would of won comfortably today still a decent run out.
born and bred haven.

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 22 Jan 2018, 06:48:20 am
Agree if we had a full team we would have won was a good game considering the conditions a lot to look farward to