Haven v Town - Ike Southward Trophy - Match Reaction

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #15 on: 04 Feb 2018, 06:08:10 pm
Everyone outstanding

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 04 Feb 2018, 06:11:48 pm
great performance callum and Karl could of been roped into a brawl today but showed a very proffesional performance...well done....town looked very ordinary and baily took the coin for a very poor performance.....we looked much better than them and our coach must be well pleased

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 04 Feb 2018, 06:29:17 pm
Lots of positives, biggest one for me Brad kicked them to death second half, long time since we have done that.  Bailey wow, that be their team spirit gone knowing how much he is getting to produce that performance.

Offline sam19

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 04 Feb 2018, 06:34:40 pm
outstanding performance thought both our halves kicked well and controlled the game behind a excellent pack. superb in attack and defence. cheap shot bailey looked bang average and got schooled by Levy (need him signed up) think Burns should take the conversions though.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 04 Feb 2018, 07:58:04 pm
Made hardwork 1st half. Discipline was poor. Gave away 3 pens in the first  10 which resulted in the 1st try.

2nd half was miles better. Didn't give as many pens away and when we threw the ball about a bit looked dangerous.

That said I'm not getting too carried away with this. For most of the game we had a man advantage and we struggled to make it count. I reckon Town could do quite well this year. Hope their player who was stretchered off is ok. I was close to Callums tackle and it looked fair

Offline Top marra

• Academy Signing
Reply #20 on: 04 Feb 2018, 08:00:54 pm
Olstrum and guillem (it I have spelled it right) MOM for us. Backed up by foz and Chris taylor. Thought Doran was super for the jam.Shame about the after match handbags. Obviously jambos well****ed off thinking they are gonna win the league. Reality check for them!!!

Offline red white and blue

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 04 Feb 2018, 08:44:23 pm
hard to pick cumberlands team of the weekend between haven and reds ,I,d marginly go for reds esp playing full time opponents in front of a near 900 ,but well done to both

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #22 on: 04 Feb 2018, 11:36:45 pm
Really didn't think it would be so easy today town so indiscipline what would you expect with Bailey he proved me right levy had him clown. Jordan burns Chris Taylor gillam went well as did levy great day today roll on Oldham
born and bred haven.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 04 Feb 2018, 11:39:38 pm
Made hardwork 1st half. Discipline was poor. Gave away 3 pens in the first  10 which resulted in the 1st try.

2nd half was miles better. Didn't give as many pens away and when we threw the ball about a bit looked dangerous.

That said I'm not getting too carried away with this. For most of the game we had a man advantage and we struggled to make it count. I reckon Town could do quite well this year. Hope their player who was stretchered off is ok. I was close to Callums tackle and it looked fair

Hard to make it count when they get 19 penalties.

Offline denisatesk

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 05 Feb 2018, 12:27:20 am
many thanks once again to all involved with Whitehaven rlfc.another great day in the sponsers lounge (matchday experience)lovely meal great company and well looked after by carl lewthwaite filling in in the absence of mark stamper our usual host.
we can really recommend this "matchday experience "to anyone interested with Whitehaven rlfc or just looking to celebrate any occasion for a great day /night out.
have to say that the day was made all the better with a great haven win over town.
WELL DONE HAVEN  :tip: :tip: :tip:

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #25 on: 05 Feb 2018, 02:15:18 pm
Came out of hospital yesterday at 5-30. Been in for 3 weeks with Aussie flu and follow up. The win bucked me up even if I couldn't really appreciate it. Thanks to those marras that kept me informed,
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #26 on: 05 Feb 2018, 04:22:17 pm
Came out of hospital yesterday at 5-30. Been in for 3 weeks with Aussie flu and follow up. The win bucked me up even if I couldn't really appreciate it. Thanks to those marras that kept me informed,

Hope you are feeling much better now dave
born and bred haven.

Offline Haven Lad

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 05 Feb 2018, 06:06:58 pm
After the doom and gloom of the last couple weeks and barely having a team the spirits have been lifted with a really good performance, everyone got stuck in, town pretty much beat themselves with very poor discipline. Would have been interesting to see how close it would have been without the sending off, can’t wait for the next derby after that
Whitehaven 2010....Heres to the future.

Offline bustling billy

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 06 Feb 2018, 10:30:40 am
Pryce did not seem that bothered about the result when interviewed on border news.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #29 on: 06 Feb 2018, 10:32:23 am
Pryce did not seem that bothered about the result when interviewed on border news.

Result, in a pre-season game won’t have, but the manner of the performance will have
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."