HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Town - Ike Southward Trophy - Match Reaction

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #30 on: 06 Feb 2018, 10:36:36 am
He seemed bothered when he bit big style after jordan burns tweet, plus he didn’t seem to be articulate enough either
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline HavenRL2010

• First Team Backup
Reply #31 on: 06 Feb 2018, 11:08:58 am
Was the half time draw given out on Sunday?

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #32 on: 06 Feb 2018, 04:11:05 pm

Is it right that the Town fans in the Kells end were singing racist songs at the Salford loaner? That was the crack at work today.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #33 on: 06 Feb 2018, 04:17:24 pm

Is it right that the Town fans in the Kells end were singing racist songs at the Salford loaner? That was the crack at work today.

I was stood in the kells end and never heard any racist chants
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #34 on: 06 Feb 2018, 04:18:56 pm

it it happened " which i never heard " somebody will have it on their phones everything seems to end on mobiles nowadays

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 06 Feb 2018, 05:27:19 pm
I was in the Kells end for about half of the second half didn’t hear any “racist” abuse but did move with my 4 year old grandson as the atmosphere there with “Some “ of the Town Fans was starting to change to let’s say intimidating and didn’t won’t the little one anyway near any trouble
However my mate who stands in the Kells end every game was right below the Town fans and did say at full time when the Haven Team came up to the Kells end with the trophy some of the Town fans were shouting “Racist” insults towards Nzoungou
He also said the trouble seemed to be some of the Town fans fighting amongst themselves
There’s about a 15 second video of some of the trouble and I didn’t recognise any of the fans who were involved

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #36 on: 06 Feb 2018, 06:23:02 pm
The Town fans were not fighting amongst themselves, a pack of them set on one haven fan, after he defended himself against the fat goon causing the trouble, the same fat goon then punched  the smallest haven fan in the line waiting to leave the kells end.  The fat goon still wasn't satisfied but picked on the wrong person outside the miners and got planted in a bush  :D.  There was no racist chanting, and most of the town fans knew where the line was for banter and were happy to try and stop the trouble along with haven fans.  If this lad and his family who done nothing to stop his actions are allowed back on GF the consequences will not be good.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #37 on: 06 Feb 2018, 08:06:07 pm

I think we're rapidly approaching a point where segregation may be required at these games.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #38 on: 06 Feb 2018, 08:14:00 pm

I think we're rapidly approaching a point where segregation may be required at these games.

You could be right.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #39 on: 07 Feb 2018, 12:10:19 am
also heard cotter was fighting and had to be pulled away by stewards?

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #40 on: 07 Feb 2018, 08:50:34 am
I’ve heard that rumour but the one I’ve heard is too unbelievable too be true  :D

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #41 on: 07 Feb 2018, 04:21:21 pm

Spill the beans marra!

Offline red white and blue

• Academy Star
Reply #42 on: 07 Feb 2018, 07:30:20 pm
after following the local derbies between haven and town in the days starting with mckeown and risman with their long field kicks to each other how has it got to the stage where people have to move their kids away from opposing supporters in considerably lower gates?  no wonder people stop going.

Offline Pinnochio

• Academy Star
Reply #43 on: 07 Feb 2018, 07:33:54 pm
Storm in a teacup . Been up with my now 12 year old daughter to 3 derbies in the last few years from Wales. Bit of bad language but that’s about it . She loves a trip to watch the Haven

Offline JHs Lad

• Academy Star
Reply #44 on: 07 Feb 2018, 08:19:19 pm
after following the local derbies between haven and town in the days starting with mckeown and risman with their long field kicks to each other how has it got to the stage where people have to move their kids away from opposing supporters in considerably lower gates?  no wonder people stop going.

Well said, I was wondering exactly the same, in those days gates of 4000 were considered poor.