HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Oldham 18.2.18 - Match Reaction

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 18 Feb 2018, 04:50:58 pm
A very ill-disciplined game from Haven allowing Oldham to win the 1 try game with a further 8 points from penalties.

Final score from The Recreation Ground

Haven 0 - Oldham 14

Your thoughts..........
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2018, 04:57:26 pm
Shocking to get nilled at home, our discipline seems to be our enemy, be lucky for top 6 this season,
Up The Haven

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2018, 05:09:54 pm
Disgusting today to name 16 again in most important game of season is amateurish at best , half backs non existent can count on my hand how many times Philips passed to the young lad or is that how we’re set up to play if it is it didn’t work today. No 20 might aswell got a showered after 20 mins and Abram is no way as good as newts. Today I look and think is it worth it £16 to watch that, no communication to the amateur clubs, no deals to entice fans just give us yer money and that will do. PNG lads turn up 6 week late and fans just expect to take it, proper disappointed today with club as a whole......... and maybe not put myself threw it anymore!

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2018, 05:10:27 pm
The Ref was one of the most inconsistent ive seen. He lost control of the game and tried to cope by penalizing us.

Peformance wise it was pretty shocking too. Phillips isnt a scrum half.

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2018, 05:13:04 pm
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2018, 05:32:45 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline harry callaghan

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2018, 05:14:18 pm
Not surprised I have to say. Our coach waved the white flag on winning today and promotion in his radio Cumbria interview before the game .He said we would be very lucky to win today ,also said it would not be the end of the world if we did not get promoted.
To go into our opening league game with only 16 players is very embarrassing for Whitehaven rugby league club.
I am sure people will look to the 3 late withdrawals ,but one of those is not our own player and one of our 16  that played is not our own player ,it is a sad state to be in on the opening day of the season.
On the game , no attacking ideas near the opposition line,and discipline was appalling,nothing more to say really.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 18 Feb 2018, 05:16:24 pm
As bad a attacking performance as I've seen, but the 15 who turned up tried there hearts out not including dion as he was pathetic, alleged illness aside he should of been here weeks ago like the other waster. Feel for fox and the lads.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 18 Feb 2018, 05:21:01 pm

Surely the money and effort thats been put in to get them here could have been spent elsewhere.

We could have recruited McNally and Jordan Johnstone on loan for the season with that money.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 18 Feb 2018, 05:21:31 pm
Disgusting today to name 16 again in most important game of season is amateurish at best , half backs non existent can count on my hand how many times Philips passed to the young lad or is that how we’re set up to play if it is it didn’t work today. No 20 might aswell got a showered after 20 mins and Abram is no way as good as newts. Today I look and think is it worth it £16 to watch that, no communication to the amateur clubs, no deals to entice fans just give us yer money and that will do. PNG lads turn up 6 week late and fans just expect to take it, proper disappointed today with club as a whole......... and maybe not put myself threw it anymore!

Was lucky enough, or unlucky you could say to win a ticket for the game today.

Was up there with one of the worst ever a Haven performances I have seen. Some of the 16 that played need to take a long hard luck at themselves. But I suppose at least they turned up, it seems optional these days to turn up when required by the club.

If the Skolars game is next Sat night as rumoured, be lucky if there is 400 turn up, to watch what was served up today.

HW

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 18 Feb 2018, 05:21:52 pm
As bad a attacking performance as I've seen, but the 15 who turned up tried there hearts out not including dion as he was pathetic, alleged illness aside he should of been here weeks ago like the other waster. Feel for fox and the lads.
AWOL again

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 18 Feb 2018, 05:31:25 pm
Writing was on the wall when they had a player binned and we had 5 or 6 sets on their line right after and we still couldn't score. Too slow, Pedestrian and far too predictable. They then get 1 chance, quick hands, players backing up and over they go.

2nd half discipline was diabolical. The ref gave did give some strange decisions against us but in the end we were our own worst enemy. Levy took a high shot for which the ref took no action and he then lost the plot and went hell bent to fight. All there 2nd half points came from ill discipline which summed it up. Add to that only 3 on the bench which is worrying.

Still on the plus side we can only get better. Oldham I'm sure will be up there come the end. I don't really think there was a massive difference between the 2 hence the 1 try. Selection problems with late withdrawals didn't help. Just need to stay positive 

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 18 Feb 2018, 05:33:41 pm
With the exception of Jordan Burns the rest of the side were not interested at all. The forwards were too flat and never took a ball in on the run, the half’s were totally clueless , the centres and wings at least worked hard in defence but the writing was on the walk first half , had 12 man Oldham but still decided to opt with very sluggish forwards trying to barge through.
Oldham are no world beaters but at least worked hard and tirelessly for the full 80 , theycame with a game plan expecting us to be a threat and must of thought Christmas had came early with what I can only say was one of the worst Haven performances I’ve seen at the rec.
Let’s hope that’s the bad performance out of the way for this season but tbh looking at the team today I think it’s going to be a very long hard slog
Really could do with a couple of old head forwards in , surely Brett Philips can be persuaded to pull the shirt in

Offline Millomite

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 18 Feb 2018, 05:44:44 pm

Amen

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #13 on: 18 Feb 2018, 05:44:48 pm
Disgusting to watch that today things need to change and fast that was not acceptable

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 18 Feb 2018, 05:51:51 pm
Well that was rubbish. One man rugby all game and ill discipline cost us dearly. Conditions were very heavy and having only 16 players told I'm afraid. Phillips to hooker and a fit dion at 6 soon please. Could go on and on about this rubbish game but i won't. Cup game next week to try a few things out I hope.