HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Oldham 18.2.18 - Match Reaction

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #45 on: 19 Feb 2018, 05:06:06 pm
Burns is an outstanding player on the wing even better fullback this kid has a massive future with haven think he will do a Calvert

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #46 on: 19 Feb 2018, 06:41:41 pm
Burns is an outstanding player on the wing even better fullback this kid has a massive future with haven think he will do a Calvert

Be very surprised if he is wearing choc blue and gold next season
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #47 on: 19 Feb 2018, 06:51:12 pm
I don’t think he will leave haven got a good job at Sellafield and loves it here marra

Offline Mr k

• Academy Signing
Reply #48 on: 19 Feb 2018, 09:15:57 pm
Hafe backs can only play behind a good pack what goes forward any normal rugby supporter should know that. Best team in league when beat workington lose one game and everyone crying get a grip and get behind the boys.
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2018, 09:17:29 pm by Mr k »

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #49 on: 19 Feb 2018, 09:24:45 pm
Don't forget  when we beat Workington they only had 12 men for the second half. Who knows what would have happened had they played with a full team.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #50 on: 20 Feb 2018, 11:29:27 am
Mr K.......it wasn't the defeat which will cause so many to hold off going to subsequent home games.....it was the manner of defeat.

We let Oldham set the standard for the game, and so let them play THEIR game.
We had no real impact from our pack
We were clueless whenever we got anywhere near their line.
We had no line speed anywhere on the field..
We had no skill / guile in the half backs.
We were one dimensional, ploughing down the middle. (only one game plan).
We were daft in getting the referee onto our backs.
We had no disciplin, especially in the second half.
We let the supporters down and created no terrace positive atmosphere.....those who turned up were expecting a far better performance.
We failed to field a full bench.
We had the best player on the field....Burns.

We want haven to succeed, but that performance was awful, frustrating and unacceptable.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #51 on: 20 Feb 2018, 12:06:00 pm
i think in some capacity we have all had a moan about sundays game, having had time to reflect its 1 game we can see that the club needs help from the office to turnstiles to pulling sponsors in to getting players on the field. there is help needed in all areas collecting lottery rounds, half time draws loads of help needed join the support groups 400 club its a massive struggle. lets all try and get down saturday and support the club.

IF WE DONT USE IT WE WILL LOSE IT.
born and bred haven.

Offline Mr k

• Academy Signing
Reply #52 on: 20 Feb 2018, 01:45:01 pm
Haven94 could not agree anymore to that not matter how your team played you have get behind them all the way. They didn’t go out there to lose the game on perpose. The 2 home friendlys proved they was up for it just got move on to next week and get behind the team as I’m sure they don’t like losing aswell as us fans don’t. Myself as spent a lot of money with this club kitting both my boys out season tickets travel etc and no matter what I’ll be there shouting the boys on.

Offline cumbriarl

• Academy Star
Reply #53 on: 20 Feb 2018, 01:49:07 pm
i think in some capacity we have all had a moan about sundays game, having had time to reflect its 1 game we can see that the club needs help from the office to turnstiles to pulling sponsors in to getting players on the field. there is help needed in all areas collecting lottery rounds, half time draws loads of help needed join the support groups 400 club its a massive struggle. lets all try and get down saturday and support the club.

IF WE DONT USE IT WE WILL LOSE IT.
Well said Shaun, everyone should be getting behind the club. Once haven have most of the players back from injury you’ll be a hard team to beat home or away.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #54 on: 20 Feb 2018, 01:57:14 pm
Haven94 could not agree anymore to that not matter how your team played you have get behind them all the way. They didn’t go out there to lose the game on perpose. The 2 home friendlys proved they was up for it just got move on to next week and get behind the team as I’m sure they don’t like losing aswell as us fans don’t. Myself as spent a lot of money with this club kitting both my boys out season tickets travel etc and no matter what I’ll be there shouting the boys on.

well done marra keep the faith
born and bred haven.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #55 on: 21 Feb 2018, 12:19:43 pm
Re my post above and my displeasure with the way the Oldham game went, and our overall start to this new season.

First let me say that I am a very loyal and long serving ‘haven’ supporter and as always I have their best interests at heart.

I would expect that many other supporters agree with my above analysis of the Oldham game, and also that our coach, (who I fully support), has past on the same (or a very similar) team analysis to his players.

Onwards and upwards ‘haven’, but now I hope we will be  GIVING fans ‘good reason’ for their support henceforth, rather than EXPECTING them to continue to turn out, .......in spite of  witnessing the performance leading to the above very accurate game analysis. 

Such expectations are fruitless I suggest.
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2018, 12:25:56 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #56 on: 21 Feb 2018, 12:24:38 pm
Re my post above and my displeasure with the way the Oldham game went, and our overall start to this new season.

First let me say that I am a very loyal and long serving ‘haven’ supporter and as always I have their best interests at heart.

I would expect that many other supporters agree with my above analysis of the Oldham game, and also that our coach, (who I fully support), has past on the same team analysis to his players.

Onwards and upwards ‘haven’, while I hope we will be  GIVING fans ‘good reason’ for their support, rather than EXPECTING it, in spite of the above very accurate game analysis.

was a bad day at the office sunday marra as you say onwards and upwards.
born and bred haven.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #57 on: 21 Feb 2018, 02:02:43 pm
One thing that was quite good was our defence. Oldham are a good side and to restrict them to just 1 try was good going. Not many sides will do that against them.

Fozzy needs to address discipline as it'll cost us big style if we keep giving pens away on the scale of last Sunday. Another frustration was seeing players taking the ball from a standing start. By the time they've built up any pace the opposition are right on them. We saw that too many times against Oldham. Surely they'll take more stopping and make more metres running onto a pass. ???

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #58 on: 21 Feb 2018, 03:32:07 pm
everything was poor apart from effort, but to lose 3 players when you have trained is hard enough, but to basically lose an effective forster in the first minute, Abram picked up a bad knock and Dion was way off the pace.  We controlled the first 20 but had no effective subs after that.