HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Castleford v Haven - Your Reactions

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 01 Jul 2007, 05:04:55 pm
Well, disappointed as I am at the loss, it was no more than expected.

According to JC on Radio Cumbria we did not play badly.  Sounded as though we were simply out played.

Fingers crossed Leahy is NOT the ref for the NR final in 2 weeks else we are doomed. 

At one point in the first half he gave Cas 3 consecutive sets of six on the Haven line, only minutes before half time Cas are awarded another 4 penalties on the bounce to give Cas another 4 sets consecutive sets of six on the Haven line.

It wasn't our day!  I am sure today's penalty count will be a talking point by those at the match - I look forward to the reports from those at the match.

« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2007, 05:06:35 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #1 on: 01 Jul 2007, 05:09:39 pm
Well there's bound to be official lines of complaint against referees and surely some one should have a look at the game again and decide as to wether refs ar biased or not.
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2007, 05:23:55 pm by WHITEHAVENHERO »

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 01 Jul 2007, 05:12:53 pm
Leahy biased!!!!

Never  :o :o :o
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 01 Jul 2007, 05:15:21 pm
Being part timer's the pace just could not be there in the second half when it had be spent in the first!
Lesely did  a hopeless job reffing but it should not make that sort of difference.
The lads did well but some stupid mistakes as well.
Win the rail cup then get the head in gear for the end of the season.:)

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 01 Jul 2007, 05:15:38 pm
dissaponted

sounds like cas was the best team on the day and the result showed that

dropped balls seems to be coming the latest craze for us espically away from home

couldn't pick a MOM

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

popularsider

Reply #5 on: 01 Jul 2007, 05:16:57 pm
well if i kept up with coxy

i counted 9 penalties against haven in 10 minutes wich is unbeliveable. but the rl express will probably say haven got the better of the penalty count  ::)

duffys injury sounds bad. id rest jd next sunday and play bainbridge or c mcavoy at 6 with leroy at 7.

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 01 Jul 2007, 05:17:40 pm
MoM is easy, the one that did the defense and stopped a much higher score!

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 01 Jul 2007, 05:19:10 pm

GUTTED BUT NOT SURPRISE

SAVE OUR SELVES 4 FINAL
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 01 Jul 2007, 05:26:07 pm
Couldn't  make  the  game  today  due  to  work  so  I  had  to  make  do  with  the  radio.

Once  again  it  seemed  there  was  a  high  penalty  count  against  us,  Is  our  discipline  really  that  bad  or  are  referee's  intimidated  when  they  go to  officiate  at  places  like  Cas  and  therefor  tend  to  lean  towards  to  the  home  side. ??? ???

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 01 Jul 2007, 05:30:10 pm
Its difficult to make any comment on the game without speaking to anyone who was actually there. John Cox is notoriously biased towards Haven so its difficult to give any reaction soley based on his commentary of the game.

We lost by a similar margin two years ago but still managed to beat them twice at home and reach the grand final. One defeat at the hands of Cas at the Jungle doesnt signal the end of our GF aspirations. We still have a chance (however slim) of reaching the final from third spot.

If we really do still have any hopes for the rest of the season we really need an injection of new blood at the club and pretty sharpish.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 01 Jul 2007, 05:31:27 pm
Given  the  choice  of  3  points  today  or  NRC  winners  I  would  take  the  points.  The  league  is  the  big  one.

Sounded  like  we  competed  in  the  1st  half  against  a  barrage  of  pens.  2nd  half  sounded  very  one  sided.

On  our  day  we  have  a  chance  to  compete  with  sides  like  Cas  but  we  need  to  strengthen.

Offline Mr XP

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 01 Jul 2007, 05:31:39 pm
Enjoyed the commentary form your boys on radio cumbria ::), seriously though didnt sound like you played that bad, ill discipline resulting from a lack of fitness on an energy sapping pitch was your downfall, chin up boys there is always the NRC final to look forward to( you better have the groundsman knock you up a trophy cabinet just in case you win ;) )

Offline Beth

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 01 Jul 2007, 06:15:03 pm
Seen as you lot werent there, I think i'll comment on the game as I was there. Now while i'd admit the penalty count leaned towards Cas, your team went for the head so many times in that game.. it was appalling. You really need to sort that out.

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 01 Jul 2007, 06:17:39 pm
Sounds about what i expected.  They battled hard especially int he first half but we were always going to be up against it.  Widness and cas are the two best teams in this league by a distance.

The best we can hope for is to give them a game at home and reach the semi play off.  We arent going to get firs or second.

All in all a NRC final and third in the league wouldn't be a diasaster.  There is no chance of the Grand final though.

I am not even sure there is any point in signing any more players for this season.  On the basis short of signing lockyer and Ryles it aint going to make any difference why waste the money.

Problem is ..which isn't the player or coahes fault we are up against ful timers which means they are a lot fitter and play the game much faster.  The other teams just ca'nt live with that.

The only thing that worries me is that I reckon we are looking at three more defeats in the next 4 games.

we really should not have lost to leigh and Donny...cas and Widnes yes but those two no way.

lowca

Reply #14 on: 01 Jul 2007, 06:26:20 pm

Aaron Smith is leaving at the end of the season. We can use his super
 league wages to bring in a top quality prop for next season.